Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Put bus lengths on a New Supercharged Saleen Gt

This is a discussion on Put bus lengths on a New Supercharged Saleen Gt within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by doodad Has anybodyelse seen this movie before? i did, and i laughed the entire time! Dude get ...

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by doodad View Post
    Has anybodyelse seen this movie before? i did, and i laughed the entire time!
    Dude get real bro weren't you on this forum tryin to run your mouth about ford awhile back. Your like one of those little followers that talks shit while standing behind someone else. Once this other cobra guy comes on here running his mouth with bs you come out of the wood work all on his nuts tryin to talk trash, what a joke bro. Why didn't you speak up before youv'e seen this post on here for awhile. Like I said if you guys want to talk trash bring your cars up here and race me on video, if you guys can beat my camaro than fine but it damn sure ain't gonna be with a stock cobra, trust and believe that. With your guys high budgets that can afford to pay for a late model cobra and have them suped by someone else instead of doing it yourself a trip out here should be no problem. As a matter of fact your little cobra gay pal said he was gona make me eat tumble weeds i'd like to see that!

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped03 View Post
    Yeah, you are a big time racer. Like I said, you've never been on a track.

Lets see, here is my dyno sheet with $1500 in mods. Pretty damned close to the 04 you ran except I don't have that "speshul" cough, cough, front mounted intercooler like he had. These mods ran 11.39 at Fun Ford Weekend in Richmond on a 100 degree day. Yeah, why would someone like me be impressed with what spills out of your mouth. You couldn't beat that with a 150 shot ace with your "sick" launch. I doubt you even know what a 1.50 sixty footer would feel like. You are just a street racer.

Click for full size

What can you say about someone not impressed by an 03 Cobra. Well, I'd say someone has a bad case of insecurity. Here is the dyno with the KB.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Yeah, that's nothing considering the valve covers have never been lifted. Just minor bolt-ons. Then you have 03's running 2.4 KB's that are running into the 8's on the stock bottom end and heads. Yeah, that not impressive. Looks like the Shebly is dynoing over 800 rwhp SAE with the new 2.8 KB. Yeah, that's not impressive.

Get back in your sandbox junior before you kill someone, end up in back of a church yourself or your next address will have bars in the windows and your roomate will be calling you Bend Over.
    Curious where your from brotha, is that how they talk out there, cause if you came out here talking that trash you would get sent home like a biatch with your tail between your legs . I'm italian bro I don't play like that, like I said bring a stock cobra that you said would beat my car and put your money where your mouth is!

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

For the record guys i've been mostly cool on here and don't go callin people out like that, it's bull for you ford guys to come on here cryin just cause a ford got beat, i mean gimme a break thats super weak. I'm just tellin it how it is, but damn sure not gonna let you guys try and dog me out thats for sure! Havn't got in this big a battle with the ford guys on here since my old profile in 01.

Blue
    04 Mach 1

wow, this has gotten out of hand.
    who has not beaten a cobra? i know i have! it fact i about bought one a month ago but decided that the money was better spent else where. both of you guys have nice cars,(from what you both say bc i have never seen them) so quit getting into a pissing contest. btw, if you dont want people calling bs have a vid to back it up like i did when i race a zo6!!!

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    Dude get real bro weren't you on this forum tryin to run your mouth about ford awhile back. Your like one of those little followers that talks shit while standing behind someone else. Once this other cobra guy comes on here running his mouth with bs you come out of the wood work all on his nuts tryin to talk trash, what a joke bro. Why didn't you speak up before youv'e seen this post on here for awhile. Like I said if you guys want to talk trash bring your cars up here and race me on video, if you guys can beat my camaro than fine but it damn sure ain't gonna be with a stock cobra, trust and believe that. With your guys high budgets that can afford to pay for a late model cobra and have them suped by someone else instead of doing it yourself a trip out here should be no problem. As a matter of fact your little cobra gay pal said he was gona make me eat tumble weeds i'd like to see that!
    You my friend, this kill story was posted on svtp.com and thats when i found out this. when i got here, that cobra owner had already posted a few times.. don't give me that crap now. if i woulda seen this at the beggining, i would post that at the beggining. you said i was talking crap to ford? well show me that. and also talking crap to ford and this kill story is completely different story. you can talk crap to ford but that doesn't change a cobra being faster than your almost stock z28. make a little sense kid!!

it is like me beating an LS1 in my stock auto LT1. I beat the stupid driver and never came over and talk sh*t to LS1s because i know an LS1 will rape my LT1. but you, say that you killed 2 different 450+rwhp car with your almost stock LS1 and now you are saying you are not impressed with supercharged cobras, etc. Let me tell you this, find a stock cobra around your area and race on video and post here. anything can happen on the streets but you coming here and talking sh*t to all cobras and saying they are not impressive, etc. is a total BS and that shows that you have complexes about cobras and you brag it here.. keep bragging and feel better.. it is ok. i am used to it!

Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    . I'm italian bro I don't play like that, like I said bring a stock cobra that you said would beat my car and put your money where your mouth is!

so what you are an Italian? LMAO! that shows how cheap person you are.. coming and here and bragging, I AM AN ITALIAN!!

i am half italian too and i don't see myself any special because of that..

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

so what you are an Italian? LMAO! that shows how cheap person you are.. coming and here and bragging, I AM AN ITALIAN!!

i am half italian too and i don't see myself any special because of that..
    Well if you really are a real italian than your parents would have taught you right and you would understand about simple respect and you wouldn't be on here talking like a wanna be fag. You just don't call someone a liar unless you have irrefutable proof and you guys don't know shit about my car. Learn some manners bro and maybe me and you would be cool as fellow italians but you don't come on here disrespecting to somebody like me when you have no clue what you are even talking about. I didn't mean you were talking shit about ford you were on here crying before defending ford when they got beat.
    Besides i'm not bragging I simply told a story about what happened at the track night at desert demons. Besides for the thousandth time I said the cobra with the pullies and mods beat me by a fender on the top end and I beat him out of the launch, it was the salleen that I beat by bus lengths. Why is it that you ford guys have to be such babies that you cant' accept that. It's all good bro but it's about respect, plain and simple. It's amazing how much trash you guys talk online, i'd like to see you computer nerds talk like that in person.
    Last edited by BlwnCamaro; 03-09-2007 at 02:27 AM.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

You my friend, this kill story was posted on svtp.com and thats when i found out this. when i got here, that cobra owner had already posted a few times.. don't give me that crap now. if i woulda seen this at the beggining, i would post that at the beggining. you said i was talking crap to ford? well show me that. and also talking crap to ford and this kill story is completely different story. you can talk crap to ford but that doesn't change a cobra being faster than your almost stock z28. make a little sense kid!!

it is like me beating an LS1 in my stock auto LT1. I beat the stupid driver and never came over and talk sh*t to LS1s because i know an LS1 will rape my LT1. but you, say that you killed 2 different 450+rwhp car with your almost stock LS1 and now you are saying you are not impressed with supercharged cobras, etc. Let me tell you this, find a stock cobra around your area and race on video and post here. anything can happen on the streets but you coming here and talking sh*t to all cobras and saying they are not impressive, etc. is a total BS and that shows that you have complexes about cobras and you brag it here.. keep bragging and feel better.. it is ok. i am used to it!
    If you could read and pay attention you would see that the car that I put bus lengths on was an 06 salleen s289 supercharged. These cars are like a gt with a blower and bolt ons, but they have 20's stock and are pathetically slow. I was on my slicks and killed him bad the whole way down. It was the pullied orange 04 cobra that beat me by a fender. Now if you would read instead of being an ass clown it says that in my original story.
    But yet above you are saying that i said I beat two 450rwhp cars and talking shit about that and i never said I beat the cobra. And for your information which is pretty sad cause you own a ford and dont know shit about them the salleen gt supercharged is not 450rwhp. Where do you get this crap from bro! you have no clue what you are even talking about.
    Are any fellow ls1 owners gonna chime in on this or are yall gona let these dulusional ford owners come on ls1.com and talk this bs. I mean come on this guy is saying I said shit that I never even said and qouting horsepower figures from a salleen s289 that are totally bogus and incorrect, without even being able to read and comprehend the whole post. What a joke.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

I mean lets get real here guys. I'm so sick of you cobra owners coming on here and calling them terminators and acting all bad ass, like they are invincible or something go the f*ck back to svo.com for the thousandth time where you guys can lick each others nuts and act all bad about cobras. It's like all the mustang guys just cling on the nuts of the 03/04 cobra like they are gods just cause the rest of the mustangs are so slow. I mean christ they only made them for two years and they are slow for a supercharger car. I mean these chumps come on here trying to talk like there is no way a bolt on n/a camaro could beat a cobra, thats bs it happens all the time in the really real world, but i guess not on the internet in the minds of delusional cobra owners.

I mean think about it the average blwn cobra runs low to mid 13's high 12's at the track at sea level stock with some above average cars, traction, respective density altitude some run mid 12's. Not bad but weak for supercharged considering not far off from a stock na ls1. They have crappy irs rears that suffer from wheel hop and the stock 60 ft times are weak, my buddy broke his rear diff the first time at the track in his 03 cobra due to severe wheel hop and they weigh more than an fbody also

Okay now a stock ls1 fbody is easily capable of very low 13's stock at sea level with some above average cars, traction, respective density altitude many have ran 12.80's at 110. Thats naturallly aspirated folks. The only way that ford could do it is with a blower on their mod motor, I find that dissapointing.

Ok so the cobra is a little quicker stock but big fucking deal it has a super charger and the camaro is naturally aspirated. Um lets think for a second it's pretty obviuos that the ls1 has more efficiency. It's like comparing oranges to apples. You ford guys always cry and act like the cobra is so badd ass, but in reality the mustang has been pathetically slow for decades and was decently fast for a couple years and now all of a sudden you cobra guys act all invincible like gods, what a crock. The real joke is that the new gt500 are just over priced mustangs that are even slower than the o3/04 cobras and they claim it has 500 horsepower. Even muscle mustangs and fast fords could only run a 13.1 in theirs stock at sea level at atco, weak for a blown overpriced mustang, when n/a ls1's have gone 12.80 at atco bone stock. And you ford guys that are crying on here like babies can go read that and try to come crying, thats if yall can actually read based on the articulation and clarity of your posts thus far.

Thats stock for stock, what about modded, yall claim nothin can touch a pullied cobra. Bigf$ckin deal. Most guys spend way more than 1500 bucks to get these cobras to where they are, these mommies boys types com on here claiming that they only spent 1500 on these cobras to make them that fast. First of all the cobra was overpriced at $35000 and I've seen people spend thousands in bolt ons and tuning to make them run fast. Most of these guys comin on here don't even do their own work or have any clue whats even under the hoods of their own cars.
    Bolt on ls1's with stock motors can go deep 11's all day long, naturallly aspirated might I add. The cam only camaros with supporting mods have run as quick as 10.40's naturally aspirated, on pump gas. To do that in a cobra you would have to have a kenny bell on over 18 pounds of boost on race fuel, with tuning and bolt ons, that equals over 8,000 dollars, last I checked you could do a cam and supporting bolt ons on a camaro for less than 1500 dollars, although you would need corresponding suspension and drivetrain mods, but that holds true for both cars at that power level.

And even still i'm comparing supercharged to n/a, oranges to apples. What about if you added a blower to an ls1. That ls1 would stomp a mud hole in the ass of cobras, now thats a fair comparison. Ronnie duke and several other guys have blown ls1's in deep 6's and faster on turbos and superchargers. And I dont want to hear any crying about the ls1 not being able to handle boost the motor was designed to be optimized on n/a with high compression, but even at low boost like 8 psi a stock ls1 can see over 500rwhp in stock trim, a cobra would need over twice that boost or more on the stock blower to see those power levels. They come stock with 12 psi and the rwhp on a cobra is only in the mid around 350-370 depending on car a stock naturally aspirated older c5 z06 with just the ls6 will put that down on only motor. Once again the ls1 is more efficient and thats not even optimized.

A real comparison would be to set up an ls1 exactly to blown specs with forged internals and lower compression via truck heads or larger combustion chamber heads and put the same blowers on both the mod moter and the ls1 at the same level of boost. The ford motor would be no comparison to the boosted ls1 it would be a slaughter. Even mild boosted ls1's that are set up for it see over 850 horsepower. There is no comparison between the efficiency of these motors, them being the ford mod motor and the lsx series engines. Any one that tries to dispute that doesn't no shit about physics and engineering. there is no replacement for displacement. Compare the head flow characteristics, even with only two valves per cylinder on the gm there is no comparison the ford motor is weak, naturally aspirated it would'nt stand up.

I mean for real look at the new zo6 vs the gt40, both top evolutions of the mod motor for ford and hand downs from the lemans dominating performance of the c5r and c6r race cars ala the 427 big bore stroker. Those cars are both very fast and clearly a drivers race for the win, but personally think the zo6 is faster having gone 10.80 on drag radials stock and deep 11's on street tires. Please correct me but havn't seen gt40 go 10's stock. But lo and behold look the zo6 is performing world class naturally aspirated at a fraction of the price of the gt40 whom has to be supercharged to even keep up with a naturally aspirated gm motor stock. I mean jesus christ the zo6 runs 10's on pump gas stock naturally aspirated. Ford will never have anything that will touch that in my mind. To me it's hard to comprehend the zo6 is that quick. Cobras have to have kenny bells and sick boost and shit even to fuck with that. And I don't want to hear any crying cause the z06 is an lsx stroker engine and still naturally aspirated. I'll say it again, which motor do you guys think is more efficient. Just you ford guys wait till the new vette with the ls9 supercharged comes out soon. Ford is going to have to go back to the drawing board cause they already had to pull the supercharger card to even keep up with naturally aspirated gm's. Once gm pulls out the blower it's goin to be f*kin completely over for you ford pussies. They are gonna start runnin the blower in the 1500 pickups also and rumor of the ls9 being handed down to the new camaro eventually. The ls9 supercharged that gm already has is well over 600 horsepower in stock trim on pump gas!

Eat your heart out to the ford guys that were talking trash, and peace to everyone else!
    Last edited by BlwnCamaro; 03-09-2007 at 03:46 AM.

Wow, this thread has gotten entertaining to say the least.
    I do have to admit I agree with Street Lethal. I spend alot of time at the track and I have seen a ton of 03-04 cobras. Ya they are pretty quick but you would expect that out of a car with a blower. Any car with a power adder better be fast,,would you expect anything less?
    Don't get me wrong, they are quick. With the blower already in place it doesn't take too much money to make it stupid fast. A naturally asperated car on the other hand does take more money to equal the power,,,but then again we are talking about naturally asperated cars compared to a car with a power adder,,,,,comparing apples and oranges,,,completely different approaches to getting that magic number.
    I personally find it more impressive to see a naturally asperated car run the number. But in any event,,,we all just need to get to the track and have some fun. Larry.

Ultimate nothing

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Wow, this thread has gotten entertaining to say the least.
    Entertaining? No. Stupid, yes.

Are we comparing a NA car to a blower car? Yes. The blower car has a 4.6 liter engine, not a 5.7. It's also fully forged; they'll hold above 500 RWHP daily. You only need a pulley, chip, and exhaust to make well over 400 HP at the wheels.

I can count on one hand the number of bone stock LS1-fbodies that made it into the 12's at that trap speed.

Anyways, I'm done. I'm disgraced to be in the same category at the starter of this thread being that I own an F-body. Make me want to sell it and get something else. I didn't know they allow children on this board.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Damn BlwnCamaro, that was the longest post EVER!

Guys, save the bashin' for the imports!

Speaking of blown LS1's, check out this Chevelle for sale on Ebay with 700+ rwhp with a twin turbo kit! That bitch is SWEET!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...91529227QQrdZ1
    Last edited by Roastem; 03-09-2007 at 08:26 AM.

The displacement difference in CI is not that much though. Besides, we all know what power adders do for cars. Quite frankly, you can put a turbo, nirtrous, or a blower on anything and make it fast, even a 4 cylinder,,it's really a no brainer.
    At the track I see it all the time. People flock around the blower and nitrous cars,,,then watch them put up a stout number,,,and thats great and all. But what I like is the mondane naturally asperated car that no one has paid attention to in the pits,,,suddenly puts up a similar number,,,now everyone comes around expecting to see a power adder, and when there are none present they start scratching there heads. That is satisfaction that I simply cannot put into words.
    Don't get me wrong,,,I like the cobras,,,they run great, buddy of mine has one thats modded, we run neck and neck with my chevelle at the track. I find that very satisfying myself, even if I am beaten, simply because my 4,108 lbs. naturally asperated chevelle hangs right in there with a modern car running a blower and a ton of boost.
    I don't mean to take anything away from the cobra's, they are fast for sure. Larry.

Just for CI sake I can give you a great example I watched late last year.
    I was watching a race that went round after round. These 2 guys must have been buddies. It was test and tune and they kept pairing up,,atleast 7-8 times that I saw.
    One car was an 03-04 cobra,,,modded of course. The other car was one of those little all wheel drive foreign cars, with the big wing on the back,,,I think they are called Evo's or something. Sorry I don't really care enough about the foreign cars to keep track of them. But I know enough that they run little engines with a turbo and they can be rather quick.

Anyway,,,it was the match of a V-8 with a blower and a little 4-6 cyl with a turbo,,,both cars tickled high 10's at around 130 mph. It was anyones race. They raced so much it got to the point everyone in the crowd knew it and would flock to the fence.
    Both cars came out of the hole rather soft,,,I know the cobras kinda suck in the 60 foot department due to the crappy independent rear suspension,,,but for some reason that all wheel drive car wasn't much better,,,but when both cars got a clean start,,,everyone knew it was on.
    A tight race everytime. Most passes were very low 11's and on one pass I witnessed both cars run a 10.9 something,,,very impressive,,,and they drove them in and drove them out. Very cool.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Yeah, its called sportsmanship. Some guys would do well to get some of it.

Ya I hear ya

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones
    I do have to admit I agree with Street Lethal. I spend alot of time at the track and I have seen a ton of 03-04 cobras. Ya they are pretty quick but you would expect that out of a car with a blower. Any car with a power adder better be fast, would you expect anything less?
    Exactly, Larry. Nobody here is taking anything away from the performance level, nor the potential, of the 03/04 Cobra. However, to compare a "built from the factory" SVT engine, equipped with a blower, to a naturally aspirated LSx engine (an engine proven to take a 600+ horsepower beating, with an untouched bottom end, I might add), is totally irrelevant....

Getting back to the original topic at hand though, and like what was already mentioned by another... the OP beat the driver of that car, just like I beat the driver of a C6-ZO6 with my wife's mid 12 second LS1 a few weeks back on the street. Yes, the ZO6 "should have" cleaned my clock, but it didn't. I won, he lost, so I get the kill....

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Man I'd love to see a 6K launch. Got any vids?

this thread is going crazy.. i prefer to watch from now on

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Redegal View Post
    Man I'd love to see a 6K launch. Got any vids?
    workin on it guys I have one vid right now of me racing one of my customers 10 second camaros with me on a 150 wet shot. I don't launch as hard on the nitrous cause it will spin more and i was on drag radials on a closed service road so we were both spinning but awesome races. Please be patient guys and i'll post a vid soon. plus next event is at arroyo seco on the 18 and my friend is bringing his high fi camara so should get some good races, im racing my crotch rocket and my camaro in the bracket series.
    Last edited by BlwnCamaro; 03-09-2007 at 10:07 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information