Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Put bus lengths on a New Supercharged Saleen Gt

This is a discussion on Put bus lengths on a New Supercharged Saleen Gt within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Too true. I don't even bother posting this kind of stuff. I have no inclination nor desire to argue....

Ultimate nothing

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Too true. I don't even bother posting this kind of stuff. I have no inclination nor desire to argue.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Umm, a huge percentage of the races on every street racing section, on every website out there, are all based on this very fect. I mean, think about it. If we're going to base each and every single race on what a car "should" be running, in comparison to the car it's up against, and base who wins solely on who "should" have won, then why even freaking run at all? A kill is a kill.

exactyl! A win is a win, besides I beat the stock saleen in my kill story and I did say that the blown and modded cobra ran me down and put a fender on me. Thats a fair good race, I beat him on the launch and he ran me on the top end with more hp, and I did say in the story that he would beat me on a roll for sure. I don't care what the ford guys say its' just lame to come on here calling people liars and acting like cobras are invincible. I'm done arguin ain't got nothin to prove just don't like haters comin on here. peace guys.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Chevythunder17 View Post
    I knew it was only a matter of time before a Terminator owner showed up on this thread.

A heat exchanger can be mistaken for an intercooler for someone who doesn't know the car.

I have a stock blowered 03 Cobra and a 00 Trans Am WS6. My Cobra runs 11.70's @ 120 MPH with the stock blower, pulleys, CAI, exhaust, and chip.

Stock for stock, a Cobra will whip an LS1. Ford underrated it, and everyone knows it.

You beat a couple of Mustangs, which is no surprise when you leave at 6K but I got to wonder when your setup is going to leave you stranded. You are putting an enormous amount of stress on the car leaving the line like that. Those Mustangs may not be you down the quarter, but they will be driving home under their own power. Just a word of caution; I hate seeing people break stuff.

And BlwnCamaro, no need to be a dick to people. You being that way just makes people question you and your story.
    Na not tryin to be a dick, just that cobra guy came out all rude and stuff for no reason sayin he would make me eat tumbleweeds! He must assume that no ls1 can beat a cobra I mean come on most average drivers see 13's in a stock cobra at the track and he is posting that they all run 12.5's stock, thats like saying all fbodies run 12.8, stock some do but most run 13's. Either way it's all good, plus don't worry man i've got my 9 inch rear diff goin is soon, cause my stock diff is already hurt from leavin that hard, but its worth it to smoke stangs! Peace guys

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I can understand though why blowncamaro is getting upset,,,it's not even my thread and I get tired of reading all the nay sayers myself.
    The amount of people on this website that would rather disagree or bash another member is just mind boggling to me.
    No one seems to want to let a guy enjoy his victory,,,rather sad. We all own these cars because we enjoy the hobby, whether it be ford, GM or Mopar,,,why can't we all just get along and have fun. Racing is supposed to be fun. I can't stand to be around people that take it too seriously. Takes all the fun out of it. Larry.
    Reread my post. I said he killed the driver. Naysayer my ass. If you also read I posted he should have left it as a kill without the "I'm not impressed with these supercharged Cobras". That just killed the credibility in any post he makes.
    Last edited by Pumped03; 03-08-2007 at 09:48 AM.

Most Average drivers I have seen run high 12s and crappy drivers are in the 13s. Most 03-04 Cobras I see at the track are in the 12s.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    First of all you obviously cant even read and come on here all running your mouth. If you could read you would see that I raced two different mustangs in the story the first being the saleen supercharged of the new model mustangs, stock. That is the car I put bus lengths on. The other car I raced was the o4 cobra that was modded and yes you moron he did have a front mount intercooler aftermarket mounted right behind the front bumper and it was close races with him!

Furthermore i've probably got more track time between my cbr, blown 3rd gen camaro and ls1 camaro in the last year than you have had in your whole life. You have obviously run astray from svo.com so take your bogus claims back there. If you have the balls to bring a stock cobra up here and think you can beat my car you better bring some money with you to lose cause my car will suck the paint off a stock cobra!
    I read quite well. What's that got to do with the price of bread? I flamed your ass. What does my account of what my 03 would do to your LS1 and the aircraft carrier lengths I'd lay on it have to do with my understanding your post of racing two Mustangs. I don't give a crap who you raced or how you beat them, I told you what my 03 would do to your LS1 ace.

Your avator says you are 29 but I'd say you are closer to 16 with the knowledge you espouse in your posts. You fall apart when someone questions your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by blnwcamaro
    The other car I raced was the o4 cobra that was modded and yes you moron he did have a front mount intercooler aftermarket mounted right behind the front bumper
    Oh, so you stoop to calling me names. Well sit down in that chair right now and let me show you how it's done dumbass. You would have thought my questions about a heat exchanger and an intercooler would have made even a dumbass step back and think a little. The intercooler is bolted to the bottom of the blower and sits between the heads dumbass. What you are talking about is the heat exchanger. But, wait, oh, you own a blown Camaro and you don't even know the nomenclature of the parts associated with a blown engine. I'd bet the only thing that blows on your Camaro are your lips junior. From your attitude and posts I highly doubt you own a blown Camaro.

You have obviously run astray from svo.com so take your bogus claims back there.
    Whasamatterwitya. Someone questions you and you can't take it so you want me to leave? Poor baby. It's a free world. You may be super cock in your sandbox but where I live you are just another cock knocker. I never heard of SVO.com although I'm sure there is one. But, an educated dumbass such as yourself should know the Cobras are an SVT product. But I do visit SVTPerf and ModularFords. Maybe you can come over and ask your LS1 buddies to leave from those boards.

If you have the balls to bring a stock cobra up here and think you can beat my car you better bring some money with you to lose cause my car will suck the paint off a stock cobra!
    You are beating 03's with 480 rwhp so you should have no trouble with a stock 03, right? A bone stock 03 will dyno 365 rwhp SAE while you would be lucky to see 300. You sure seem like a big time racer to me with that much intelligence. Man, I'm basking in the glow of your smarts. But, wake up Alice, with those few mods you listed on your LS1 I could take a stock 03 with ET Streets and beat you on any track. I don't give a shit how many RPM you launch or how "sick" bwahahaha your launch is. If you are such a big time racer you would have said something about 60 foot times or ET's.

Bottom line, you are so full of shit it's rolling out your ears.
    Last edited by Pumped03; 03-08-2007 at 09:56 AM.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by blwncamaro
    I'm not impressed at all with the supercharged cobras even with mods cause they suck for being blown and barely can outrun a mild free mod and bolt on camaro.
    Yeah, you are a big time racer. Like I said, you've never been on a track.

Lets see, here is my dyno sheet with $1500 in mods. Pretty damned close to the 04 you ran except I don't have that "speshul" cough, cough, front mounted intercooler like he had. These mods ran 11.39 at Fun Ford Weekend in Richmond on a 100 degree day. Yeah, why would someone like me be impressed with what spills out of your mouth. You couldn't beat that with a 150 shot ace with your "sick" launch. I doubt you even know what a 1.50 sixty footer would feel like. You are just a street racer.

What can you say about someone not impressed by an 03 Cobra. Well, I'd say someone has a bad case of insecurity. Here is the dyno with the KB.

Yeah, that's nothing considering the valve covers have never been lifted. Just minor bolt-ons. Then you have 03's running 2.4 KB's that are running into the 8's on the stock bottom end and heads. Yeah, that not impressive. Looks like the Shebly is dynoing over 800 rwhp SAE with the new 2.8 KB. Yeah, that's not impressive.

Get back in your sandbox junior before you kill someone, end up in back of a church yourself or your next address will have bars in the windows and your roomate will be calling you Bend Over.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    Went to Desert Demons last Friday got a race with a new Gt mustang with the Saleen supercharger package. Just put gears, slicks and suspension on my 98 Z28 other than that just free mods, lid, bellows and a few tranny mods. Anyways like the title says we lined up and I left off the rev limiter at 6100 rpm and smoked him so bad it must have been embarressing for him in that saleen. I literally put bus lengths on him. There was also a 2004 Cobra with upper and lower pulleys, full exaust, intake, front mount intercooler, drag radials, ssr racing wheels and tune and who knows what else. Anyways we lined up and I left him by a car and a half from a dig launching at 6100 again. I got sideways in third cause of low tire pressure and stayed in it though but he ended up making up some ground and got me by a fender only on the top end. Was a good race. I came back and ran again the next pass and kept it straight despite low tire pressure on my slicks and ran faster than the cobra did all night. Seriously though with all that on that cobra and with me almost stock and naturally aspirated I thought he would be able to kill me bad, but my car is running really good and has a sick launch. I'm not impressed at all with the supercharged cobras even with mods cause they suck for being blown and barely can outrun a mild free mod and bolt on camaro. Plus before you cobra guys start crying I've raced three other more stock terminator cobras before my mods and was trading off a few wins and a few losses. Sorry no video guys especially for the nay sayers that will probably be ford owners who have lost there way from svo.com. But sorry guys I only tell it how it is. Peace

Has anybodyelse seen this movie before? i did, and i laughed the entire time!

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Damn Pumped, that 03 is running hard as fk.

I thought I was flying trapping 97.4 through the 1/8th, then you are flipping through there at 103 mph. Some guys can't even do 103 in the 1/4!

I got a quick Z, but that 03 you got would get me by a couple cars in the 1/4 prolly.

honestly, thread starter is BS. even if you dump that clutch at 10grand rpm. with your almost stock LS1, you ain't gonna be 460+rwhp pullied cobra. or a supercharged new GT.

i know you are just trying to feel better but go put your head on your mother's legs and tell this story to your minvan driver mother!

i know LS1s are fast cars and with head/cam they are nasty and can give a run to pullied cobras for the money. but you are jumping here and telling us that you beat 2 450+rwhp cars with your almost stock LS1.

i have stock one and i will race with you for the money with your almost stock LS1. but if you are willing to come over..

post your time slips, pics, or video. if you can't get back to your room and write some stories and go to rice board and brag the over there.

Man there is way too much chest pounding in here,,,, Now we are starting again with the naysayers who weren't there. And now asking for proof, videos, paperwork, blood and hair samples,,,gee wiz. You guys are way too sensitive. Now it has resorted to name calling on a computer?
    I have to admit this section of this website has to be the most entertaining,,,not the races,,,but all the people that jump in afterwards that say it ain't so really start to get amusing.
    Why don't you guys just settle it like real men and forget about the cars Seems thats what you guys want to do anyway. Larry.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Why don't you guys just settle it like real men and forget about the cars
    we are on a car forum and you want us to forget about cars?

what do you want us to talk about? how to slice a carrot? how to prepare steak sauce or which position is better?
    Last edited by Musclefan21; 03-08-2007 at 01:30 PM.

steak sounds gooodd!!!!!

Now you guys are making me hungry,,,lol.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped03 View Post
    Yeah, that's nothing considering the valve covers have never been lifted. Just minor bolt-ons. Then you have 03's running 2.4 KB's that are running into the 8's on the stock bottom end and heads. Yeah, that not impressive. Looks like the Shebly is dynoing over 800 rwhp SAE with the new 2.8 KB. Yeah, that's not impressive.
    To be quite honest with you, it's really not as impressive as you might think. I'm not trying to take anything away from your accomplishments, but consider the fact that there are NON boosted LS1's (and the LT1's, for that matter) running similar times, not to mention those pesky boosted 4 bangers. Should a Cobra be applauded because it makes that much power to the wheels, with a blower? The jury is still out on that one.....

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    To be quite honest with you, it's really not as impressive as you might think. I'm not trying to take anything away from your accomplishments, but consider the fact that there are NON boosted LS1's (and the LT1's, for that matter) running similar times, not to mention those pesky boosted 4 bangers. Should a Cobra be applauded because it makes that much power to the wheels, with a blower? The jury is still out on that one.....
    while cobra making 600-700rwhp on stock motor with stock internals, you will be spending extra $$$ to build that motor to hold up that much power.

everycar can be fast. it all depends how deep your pocket is. but with cobras, you spend like 1000-1500 and you go over 500rwhp. and if that is not respectable, i don't know what it is.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by doodad View Post
    you spend like 1000-1500 and you go over 500rwhp. and if that is not respectable, i don't know what it is.
    As said though, I wasn't taking anything away from his accomplishments, but when you consider the fact that a naturally aspirated LS1 can make the same numbers to the ground, for a little "more", no less, it's nothing to do cart-wheels over (in reference to the Cobra)....

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Has anybodyelse seen this movie before? i did, and i laughed the entire time!
    you guys trying to talk trash on here is pathetic get a life!

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

honestly, thread starter is BS. even if you dump that clutch at 10grand rpm. with your almost stock LS1, you ain't gonna be 460+rwhp pullied cobra. or a supercharged new GT.

i know you are just trying to feel better but go put your head on your mother's legs and tell this story to your minvan driver mother!

i know LS1s are fast cars and with head/cam they are nasty and can give a run to pullied cobras for the money. but you are jumping here and telling us that you beat 2 450+rwhp cars with your almost stock LS1.

i have stock one and i will race with you for the money with your almost stock LS1. but if you are willing to come over..

post your time slips, pics, or video. if you can't get back to your room and write some stories and go to rice board and brag the over there.
    If you could read the pullied cobra beat me dumbshit, i beat the blown salleen that had 20's on it! you guys are amazing that you come on here talking trash and dont' even read the post and i said i'd have a video of some runs soon I don't have to rush to prove anything to assclowns like you. Did you mommy boys even build your own cars, oh wait you probably paid someone to do it for you by the way you guys talk you don't know shit about cars. I'll say it again that im' not impressed with the blown cobras. Ls1's can be just as fast on just the motor. Don't worry i've got plenty in my camaro to cover a stock cobra easily. If you assclowns had the balls to come up here and run me on video i'd be impressed.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped03 View Post
    I read quite well. What's that got to do with the price of bread? I flamed your ass. What does my account of what my 03 would do to your LS1 and the aircraft carrier lengths I'd lay on it have to do with my understanding your post of racing two Mustangs. I don't give a crap who you raced or how you beat them, I told you what my 03 would do to your LS1 ace.

Your avator says you are 29 but I'd say you are closer to 16 with the knowledge you espouse in your posts. You fall apart when someone questions your posts.

Oh, so you stoop to calling me names. Well sit down in that chair right now and let me show you how it's done dumbass. You would have thought my questions about a heat exchanger and an intercooler would have made even a dumbass step back and think a little. The intercooler is bolted to the bottom of the blower and sits between the heads dumbass. What you are talking about is the heat exchanger. But, wait, oh, you own a blown Camaro and you don't even know the nomenclature of the parts associated with a blown engine. I'd bet the only thing that blows on your Camaro are your lips junior. From your attitude and posts I highly doubt you own a blown Camaro.

Whasamatterwitya. Someone questions you and you can't take it so you want me to leave? Poor baby. It's a free world. You may be super cock in your sandbox but where I live you are just another cock knocker. I never heard of SVO.com although I'm sure there is one. But, an educated dumbass such as yourself should know the Cobras are an SVT product. But I do visit SVTPerf and ModularFords. Maybe you can come over and ask your LS1 buddies to leave from those boards.

You are beating 03's with 480 rwhp so you should have no trouble with a stock 03, right? A bone stock 03 will dyno 365 rwhp SAE while you would be lucky to see 300. You sure seem like a big time racer to me with that much intelligence. Man, I'm basking in the glow of your smarts. But, wake up Alice, with those few mods you listed on your LS1 I could take a stock 03 with ET Streets and beat you on any track. I don't give a shit how many RPM you launch or how "sick" bwahahaha your launch is. If you are such a big time racer you would have said something about 60 foot times or ET's.

Bottom line, you are so full of shit it's rolling out your ears.
    Are guys like you for real, what a joke man. Not only do I own the blown 89 camaro but I built the engine from the ground up myself and it would probably stomp a mudhole in your cobras ass. What did you do to your car pay somebody to build it for you like a mommys boy that you sound like. I would love to see you walk your little baby nuts up here and put your money where your mouth is. Your saying a stock cobra will beat my bolt on ls1, so bring it on. My 60 foot time is 1.6 and my car was running 12.2 at sea level all motor before i added my headers, full exaust and 150 wet shot and I said what i was running earlier but once again you obviously cant read. Your modded cobra would probably be a decent run with me on the 150 shot. Haven't tested times yet but faired decent in a street run with a high 10 second camaro that I built for one of my customers and I do have video of that on a pocket pc tryin to transfer and post.
    Guys like you piss me off cause your not even holding an intelligent conversation just talking trash and starting shit on a thread that isn't yours, just cause your little biatch about me beating a salleen and having a close lose to a cobra. Just cause your cobra is fast dont mean everyone out there is as fast as yours, you take it way to personally a kill is a kill.
    And for your info I run the bracket series out here and have run these tracks in several different cars.:

Arroyo seco- off I10 in nm
    Desert Demons- el paso tx
    Thunder alley-el paso tx
    State Capitol Dragway, Baton Rouge, LA
    No problem raceway, Louisiana

What tracks have you run and how many cars have you built from the ground up that makes you so high and mighty?

I own my own custom car shop and speedshop and have been modifying and racing camaros since I was 16. I am asc certified and can fabricate custom turbo setups and blown motors. I can work with fuel injection and old school carbs and i race and build crotch rocket motorcycles also. And one more thing an intercooler is a heat exchanger dumb shit, there are two types air to air and water to air, just cause you cobra guys want to term it different don't mean shit, like I said an intercooler is a heat exchanger and that guy with the o4 cobras was aftermarket cause it was huge with letters on it not shur what brand and he said it was aftermarket.

So when a punk like you that probably doesn't even build his own cars but you think you are god comes on here running his mouth just cause you have the money to buy a cobra and pay somebody to make it fast, I built and worked for everything I've got on probably half the budget that you got. And i'll say it again I'm not impressed with the fact that naturally aspirated bolt on camaros can run with and beat supercharged cobras. In my mechanical opinion the ls1 is better and it's a free country asshole so like I said before go back to svo.com. Plus I take it really personal for somebody to call me a liar, that would be really funny if you tried to say that to my face mommys boy.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information