Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Put bus lengths on a New Supercharged Saleen Gt

This is a discussion on Put bus lengths on a New Supercharged Saleen Gt within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by mogs01gt Its just odd, that cobra with those mods should be able to hit high 11's low ...

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    Its just odd, that cobra with those mods should be able to hit high 11's low 12s with Drs.

Trust me, I love weight reduction. My car is a perfect example . fuck those cast iron blocks

At sea level at a good track that cobra probably could run low 12's high 11's, but that track sucks, my car runs low 12's at sea level so that cobra is probably right there.
    But yea the weight makes a considerable difference!
    Jesse

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang View Post
    hey roastem, i would love to see you at rockingham sometime, maybe we should try to meet up there again. This time i think i will be running mid to low 11s. D1sc on the way!!!

that would be cool with the procharger, you could show those cobra guys a thing or too in a mach!

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    that would be cool with the procharger, you could show those cobra guys a thing or too in a mach!
    Yeah, MM & FF tested a stock 03 vs. a Mach1 with just an 8lb procharger and the charged Mach pulled the 03 relentlessly in EVERY gear.

Mach1Mustang has full exhaust too, that thing should be sweet.

Blue
    04 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Dude, you are getting a procharger! SWEET!

I haven't run her down the 1/4 mile yet, but from my 1/8 time I think it is gonna be mid-11 second. So, after you the procharger installed, we are prolly gonna be neck and neck.

I am trying to sell my custom truck to raise enough money for a new rear end. Hell, she has been sitting comatose since early December. After that, my drivetrain will be virtually bulletproof.

I will see you in Rockingham my friend, trust and believe.

One thing though, you gotta to let me ride in that Mach after you get the charger installed.
    will do man, i think i should be close to 480 hp to the wheels at 10 lbs and a safe tune. i will let you know when i we are going again.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Damn, I might need to slap some nitrous on there before I run you now...

Blue
    04 Mach 1

the install is still going on, should be done this weekend, (we had to wait on mis. parts from procharger). getting a tune next week. damn this was not cheap.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang View Post
    the install is still going on, should be done this weekend, (we had to wait on mis. parts from procharger). getting a tune next week. damn this was not cheap.
    Sweet man would love to see some pics when done!

Awaiting Activation
    Went to Desert Demons last Friday got a race with a new Gt mustang with the Saleen supercharger package. Just put gears, slicks and suspension on my 98 Z28 other than that just free mods, lid, bellows and a few tranny mods. Anyways like the title says we lined up and I left off the rev limiter at 6100 rpm and smoked him so bad it must have been embarressing for him in that saleen. I literally put bus lengths on him. There was also a 2004 Cobra with upper and lower pulleys, full exaust, intake, front mount intercooler, drag radials, ssr racing wheels and tune and who knows what else. Anyways we lined up and I left him by a car and a half from a dig launching at 6100 again. I got sideways in third cause of low tire pressure and stayed in it though but he ended up making up some ground and got me by a fender only on the top end. Was a good race. I came back and ran again the next pass and kept it straight despite low tire pressure on my slicks and ran faster than the cobra did all night. Seriously though with all that on that cobra and with me almost stock and naturally aspirated I thought he would be able to kill me bad, but my car is running really good and has a sick launch. I'm not impressed at all with the supercharged cobras even with mods cause they suck for being blown and barely can outrun a mild free mod and bolt on camaro. Plus before you cobra guys start crying I've raced three other more stock terminator cobras before my mods and was trading off a few wins and a few losses. Sorry no video guys especially for the nay sayers that will probably be ford owners who have lost there way from svo.com. But sorry guys I only tell it how it is. Peace
    I'd like to see that "front mount intercooler". Do you even know where the intercooler is on an 03 Cobra? Do you know what a heat exchanger is? Did you know an 03 has both? Apparently not.

But, um, I hate to brake it to ya but you beat the driver. My last pass on the Eaton before I swapped out to a KB was on the 1/4 at Richmond on a 100 degree day at FFW 3 years ago and it ran 11.39 at 124 with a four pound lower, 2.83 upper and full exhaust. Just about the exact same mods. You won't break 12.5's I don't give a crap how hard you launch. It's one thing to post a kill where anything is possible but then say you are not impressed by a car that will do 12.5's right out of the box. Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by blwncamaro
    Seriously though with all that on that cobra and with me almost stock and naturally aspirated I thought he would be able to kill me bad, but my car is running really good and has a sick launch. I'm not impressed at all with the supercharged cobras even with mods cause they suck for being blown and barely can outrun a mild free mod and bolt on camaro.
    I've got a feeling you've never been on a track in your life because if you had you would know that is a stupid remark. Wake up Alice, this aint Wonderland. My 03 bone stock would have you eating Mexican tumble weed. With upper/lower pulleys on the Eaton, full exhaust, CAI and tune let's just say a good measure wouldn't be measured in bus lengths, it would be more like aircraft carriers.
    Last edited by Pumped03; 03-07-2007 at 10:18 AM.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Yeah, MM & FF tested a stock 03 vs. a Mach1 with just an 8lb procharger and the charged Mach pulled the 03 relentlessly in EVERY gear.

Mach1Mustang has full exhaust too, that thing should be sweet.
    I don't remember seeing that article. Motor Trend did an article on a Mach 1with a Vortech. The owner came on SVTPerformance.com shooting off his big mouth. Then he vanishes. We found out why. He upped his boost and popped the motor.

The Mach like all 4V's has a little under a 10:1 C/R which will put out more HP per pound of boost. If you can live with that power level and not get greedy and not beat the mortal piss out of it the engine may last. But, most people just have to get more and more. With hypereutectic pistons you are taking a chance.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Went to Desert Demons last Friday got a race with a new Gt mustang with the Saleen supercharger package. Just put gears, slicks and suspension on my 98 Z28 other than that just free mods, lid, bellows and a few tranny mods. Anyways like the title says we lined up and I left off the rev limiter at 6100 rpm and smoked him so bad it must have been embarressing for him in that saleen. I literally put bus lengths on him. There was also a 2004 Cobra with upper and lower pulleys, full exaust, intake, front mount intercooler, drag radials, ssr racing wheels and tune and who knows what else. Anyways we lined up and I left him by a car and a half from a dig launching at 6100 again. I got sideways in third cause of low tire pressure and stayed in it though but he ended up making up some ground and got me by a fender only on the top end. Was a good race. I came back and ran again the next pass and kept it straight despite low tire pressure on my slicks and ran faster than the cobra did all night. Seriously though with all that on that cobra and with me almost stock and naturally aspirated I thought he would be able to kill me bad, but my car is running really good and has a sick launch. I'm not impressed at all with the supercharged cobras even with mods cause they suck for being blown and barely can outrun a mild free mod and bolt on camaro. Plus before you cobra guys start crying I've raced three other more stock terminator cobras before my mods and was trading off a few wins and a few losses. Sorry no video guys especially for the nay sayers that will probably be ford owners who have lost there way from svo.com. But sorry guys I only tell it how it is. Peace
    u launch at 6100k?? and this benefits you in a race?

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped03 View Post
    I don't remember seeing that article. Motor Trend did an article on a Mach 1with a Vortech. The owner came on SVTPerformance.com shooting off his big mouth. Then he vanishes. We found out why. He upped his boost and popped the motor.
    Actually the article was in either MM&FF or 5.0, but they also did some additional mods to the Mach 1 if I remember correctly so it wasn't the fairest race.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Actually the article was in either MM&FF or 5.0, but they also did some additional mods to the Mach 1 if I remember correctly so it wasn't the fairest race.
    I read 5.0 also. My subscript's ran out a few months ago. I'm not doubting the article though.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

I'd like to see that "front mount intercooler". Do you even know where the intercooler is on an 03 Cobra? Do you know what a heat exchanger is? Did you know an 03 has both? Apparently not.

But, um, I hate to brake it to ya but you beat the driver. My last pass on the Eaton before I swapped out to a KB was on the 1/4 at Richmond on a 100 degree day at FFW 3 years ago and it ran 11.39 at 124 with a four pound lower, 2.83 upper and full exhaust. Just about the exact same mods. You won't break 12.5's I don't give a crap how hard you launch. It's one thing to post a kill where anything is possible but then say you are not impressed by a car that will do 12.5's right out of the box. Lame.

I've got a feeling you've never been on a track in your life because if you had you would know that is a stupid remark. Wake up Alice, this aint Wonderland. My 03 bone stock would have you eating Mexican tumble weed. With upper/lower pulleys on the Eaton, full exhaust, CAI and tune let's just say a good measure wouldn't be measured in bus lengths, it would be more like aircraft carriers.
    First of all you obviously cant even read and come on here all running your mouth. If you could read you would see that I raced two different mustangs in the story the first being the saleen supercharged of the new model mustangs, stock. That is the car I put bus lengths on. The other car I raced was the o4 cobra that was modded and yes you moron he did have a front mount intercooler aftermarket mounted right behind the front bumper and it was close races with him!

Furthermore i've probably got more track time between my cbr, blown 3rd gen camaro and ls1 camaro in the last year than you have had in your whole life. You have obviously run astray from svo.com so take your bogus claims back there. If you have the balls to bring a stock cobra up here and think you can beat my car you better bring some money with you to lose cause my car will suck the paint off a stock cobra!

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    u launch at 6100k?? and this benefits you in a race?
    yea cause i have slicks, gears, rear suspension and weight reduction. leaving at 6100 my 60 ft times are in the 1.6 range. Thats part of the reason I faired so well against that cobra even though he has more power than me.
    Curious your so cocky whats your 60 ft time. It must be a wheelstander the way you talk, from your wealth of drag racing experience.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

I knew it was only a matter of time till one of you delusional fanatics would come out of the wood work crying cause I beat a beloved ford. Well it happened so just accept it and quit crying your a grown man for peats sake. A kill is a kill is a kill, I don't have time to post fake kill stories on the internet, what happened is what happened, nor do I have time to explain to doubters like you whats really hapnin, like I said bring a stock cobra which you will say make me eat tumbleweeds up here and put it where your mouth is.
    Jesse

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped03
    But, um, I hate to brake it to ya but you beat the driver.
    Umm, a huge percentage of the races on every street racing section, on every website out there, are all based on this very fect. I mean, think about it. If we're going to base each and every single race on what a car "should" be running, in comparison to the car it's up against, and base who wins solely on who "should" have won, then why even freaking run at all? A kill is a kill.

Ultimate nothing

Black
    2000 Trans Am

I knew it was only a matter of time before a Terminator owner showed up on this thread.

A heat exchanger can be mistaken for an intercooler for someone who doesn't know the car.

I have a stock blowered 03 Cobra and a 00 Trans Am WS6. My Cobra runs 11.70's @ 120 MPH with the stock blower, pulleys, CAI, exhaust, and chip.

Stock for stock, a Cobra will whip an LS1. Ford underrated it, and everyone knows it.

You beat a couple of Mustangs, which is no surprise when you leave at 6K but I got to wonder when your setup is going to leave you stranded. You are putting an enormous amount of stress on the car leaving the line like that. Those Mustangs may not be you down the quarter, but they will be driving home under their own power. Just a word of caution; I hate seeing people break stuff.

And BlwnCamaro, no need to be a dick to people. You being that way just makes people question you and your story.

I can understand though why blowncamaro is getting upset,,,it's not even my thread and I get tired of reading all the nay sayers myself.
    The amount of people on this website that would rather disagree or bash another member is just mind boggling to me.
    No one seems to want to let a guy enjoy his victory,,,rather sad. We all own these cars because we enjoy the hobby, whether it be ford, GM or Mopar,,,why can't we all just get along and have fun. Racing is supposed to be fun. I can't stand to be around people that take it too seriously. Takes all the fun out of it. Larry.

Ultimate nothing

Black
    2000 Trans Am

But why get upset? Chances are he will NEVER see these guys in real life. What's he worried about, his 'internet cred'? You will always get someone that disagrees with you. Just let'em roll on. He knows what he did, doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, he was there.

Owning both an LS1 and a Cobra gives me the ability to see both sides of the fence. I love both cars, but I still have preference to my LS1.

Ya it's not upsetting,,,just more tiresome. Almost to the point it doesn't really matter whether you post a win on here or not when you get tired of reading through all the babble. I personally couldn't care less what people think. I just want to enjoy the hobby.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information