THE WS6 THAT COULD

Pre Kill...Ive been Challenged

ok well i have no clue about this CLKs performance because i cant seem to find any info on it. my friends dad just bought a 2007 Mercades CLK 550 they are said to have a 5.5L V8 pushing 388hp. He saw my WS6 and wants to race me. I do know its not an AMG so it could be close does anyone know anything about this typical model before i go and race him. I have a 2000 A4 WS6...Lid,Cutout,Ported Tb,Smooth Bellow, Nitto DRs, SLP Dual Dual and an LS6 intake..my best et is 12.87 @ 109.4. I hear these things are pretty quick i know you guys are going to say just race him and see but hes cocky and i want to make sure i can take him before i win or lose lol.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

you also have about about 800 lbs difference on him. you're going to give him a good run, esp with DR's

google is your friend: http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=142218

I would say you've also got the driver mod =)
    Last edited by third_shift|studios; 03-07-2007 at 09:21 AM.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    yeah u got em!

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    you also have about about 800 lbs difference on him. you're going to annihilate that car, esp with DR's

google is your friend: http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=142218
    hey thanks for the info i looked on google but couldnt find anything accurate on it

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i edited my post, originally i thought that was a 4 door, hence me saying "annhilate" but after seeing a pic, i realized the smaller car and bigger engine will make for a good race. I don't think it will beat you though.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

go 4 it gl

Iraq money well spent. TRY ME GT's Avatar

Black on Black
    2000 Camaro SS M6

You should have him bro.

Iraq money well spent. TRY ME GT's Avatar

Black on Black
    2000 Camaro SS M6

I would be SHOCKED if you lost. let us know the outcome.

black
    2002 ws6

ya maybe have some1 video tape the race or somethin and post here even if u when or lose. Anyways good luck.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

F his sh*t up

Wannabefaster

Black
    WS-6 2002

Sorry about raining in on the parade but at the track here a 550 CLK can run in the low 13's at 3800 ft elevation so I think that it will be very close. He will win, especially if you spin the tires off of the line as the CLK is quick and the transmission is very impressive for its accurate shift points. You should win but I would warm the tires first and launch at 3000 rpm with 15 lbs in the tires!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by ColdWS6 View Post
    Sorry about raining in on the parade but at the track here a 550 CLK can run in the low 13's at 3800 ft elevation so I think that it will be very close. He will win, especially if you spin the tires off of the line as the CLK is quick and the transmission is very impressive for its accurate shift points. You should win but I would warm the tires first and launch at 3000 rpm with 15 lbs in the tires!
    The ws6 is modded

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdWS6 View Post
    my best e/t is 12.86 @ 109.4

fuck him up

Wannabefaster

Black
    WS-6 2002

Take .3 off of that for your elevation and it will be a great race! You should catch up by the 1/8 mile and pass him - what is your RWHP rating on the car - and what gears do you have in the rear. Standard 3.42's? I see that the car is modified but it is mainly some exhaust and intake - maybe 40-50HP at the motor for gains. Manual or auto transmission? It will come down to driver reaction and shifting if they are both manuals! I am just looking at base numbers of the CLK without knowing your HP or gear setups. You said that your best time was 12.86 @ 109 mph, so what was your average as that would be the better number to go by as I range from 11.3 - 12.1 with 3.73 gears and 512 RWHP at my altitude (3800ft) and would be a .3-.5 difference if I ran in your altitude (200-500 ft, I am guessing). Other considerations are what are your tire sizes, what gear are you in and at what RPM are you at, relative to your max HP production and RPM (Dyno sheets).
    Call me Beaker but I always like to crunch some numbers to avoid the embarassment, especially when you have a cocky SOB to deal/race with!! Belows and CAI/SLP Intake reap relatively low gains due to the increased turbulant air flow at high speeds coming from the so called Ram Air intake (put you hand into them to find out that it is not a straight air passage= turbulant air flow and reduced HP gains).
    I would put my money on your experience so look at it as some basic research and then beat him at the race track! Remember he probably is doing his research on his car and some mods as well (I would be!).

Thread Information