Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61

porche beat, barely

This is a discussion on porche beat, barely within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; i ran a new porche twin turbo carrera s on I75 new bradenton, fl. we both hit it about 65mph ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenville sc
    Age
    19
    Posts
    88

    white
    02

    porche beat, barely

    i ran a new porche twin turbo carrera s on I75 new bradenton, fl. we both hit it about 65mph and he pulled about a half car to about 100 and then by 145 i have him by 1 car and moving out. it was my first kill in the new ss.

    oh yeah its an auto, 02 ss, all slp options, free mods.

  2. #2
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    wow! that's fucking bad ass!!!

  3. #3
    Impounded MikeSomething's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge, NJ
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,420

    Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

    Can't wait to see everyone elses' feedback on this one... Great kill man, I ran some kid and his gf in a black Boxter...looked pretty new, but I don't think he really gave it his all after we went past the 120mph mark. They're great touring cars, but I don't think they have enough low end to do the 1/4 mile thing from a dead stop...could be wrong...anyone? anyone?

  4. #4
    john
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cjg454ss
    i ran a new porche twin turbo carrera s on I75 new bradenton, fl. we both hit it about 65mph and he pulled about a half car to about 100 and then by 145 i have him by 1 car and moving out. it was my first kill in the new ss.

    oh yeah its an auto, 02 ss, all slp options, free mods.



    or not a Turbo.

  5. #5
    Junior Member ttadriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ELP, TX
    Posts
    73

    white
    1989 turbo trans am anniv

    Of course anything can happen in a street race, but a twin turbo 911 should have been able to pull away and never look back. Especially if it was a twin turbo 911 S, which has more HP that the standard 911 tt. Nice kill anyway.


    1989 Anniv Turbo TA hardtop
    1997 Viper GTS B/W
    2004 Evolution

  6. #6
    Member jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    186

    2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

    A 911 tt S has about 450+hp and a top speed of over a 185mph.
    What have you done to your car?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    OC, California
    Posts
    95

    Arctic White
    1999 Z28 M6

    444 horse and 457 tourqe in a 3500 pound car, no way possible did u pull that with an 02 ss with the slp options. even with headers intake and headers u couldnt pull that. maybe it was just the carrera s .... 355 horse 295 tourqe 3100 pound car. none turbo

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenville sc
    Age
    19
    Posts
    88

    white
    02

    i was quite surprised. the car went 8.2s stock at 87 mph in the 1/8. i talked to the guy it was a turbo and i saw him shifting(exhaust blowing out the back)

  9. #9
    MEMBER 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Visalia Cali
    Age
    43
    Posts
    661

    SILVER
    2000 Z/28

    good kill

  10. #10
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by ttadriver

    1989 Anniv Turbo TA hardtop
    1997 Viper GTS B/W
    2004 Evolution
    Nice collection. Had my eye on an 89-TTA for a very long time, but didn't have the heart to molester it... and I'm definitely not one to leave things stock (so I didn't even bother). By the way, welcome aboard.

    Quote Originally Posted by FastAssZ
    444 horse and 457 tourqe in a 3500 pound car, no way possible did u pull that with an 02 ss with the slp options. even with headers intake and headers u couldnt pull that.
    Agreed. Although I'm sure he's able to tell a turbo Porsche from a non-Turbo Porsche.... let's just ass-u-me that it's driver let off much earlier than suggested.

  11. #11
    camaro_ss_97_
    Guest
    nice

  12. #12
    old timer blue02Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,805

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

    Hard to believe but some crazy ass shit can happen on the streets, from a 70 punch a benz cl65 amg only pulled a car on me. anyway nice kill.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Danger731's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    6,712
    Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z
    Hard to believe but some crazy ass shit can happen on the streets, from a 70 punch a benz cl65 amg only pulled a car on me. anyway nice kill.
    damn amazing luck !

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenville sc
    Age
    19
    Posts
    88

    white
    02

    im sure he was in it because he pulled a 160 mph fly by after i let up and kept going.

  15. #15
    Junior Member ttadriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ELP, TX
    Posts
    73

    white
    1989 turbo trans am anniv

    Street Lethal

    Thanks. I've owned my TTA for approx 11 years now. I just have some mild modifications on it, nothing I can't revert back to stock.


    1989 anniv turbo ta hardtop
    1997 Viper GTS B/W
    2004 Evolution

  16. #16
    Impounded MikeSomething's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge, NJ
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,420

    Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

    Quote Originally Posted by ttadriver
    Street Lethal

    Thanks. I've owned my TTA for approx 11 years now. I just have some mild modifications on it, nothing I can't revert back to stock.


    1989 anniv turbo ta hardtop
    1997 Viper GTS B/W
    2004 Evolution

    Anything done to the Viper?

  17. #17
    Junior Member ttadriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ELP, TX
    Posts
    73

    white
    1989 turbo trans am anniv

    MikeSomething

    No mods. Completely stock at 15K miles. If I do anything, it would be mild modifications ie exhaust

    1989 anniv turbo ta hardtop
    1997 Viper GTS B/W
    2004 Evolution

    cars previously owned:
    2003.5 BMW M3 smg
    1999 C5 frc
    1987 Pontiac fiero gt fastback

  18. #18
    Impounded MikeSomething's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge, NJ
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,420

    Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

    Quote Originally Posted by ttadriver
    MikeSomething

    No mods. Completely stock at 15K miles. If I do anything, it would be mild modifications ie exhaust

    1989 anniv turbo ta hardtop
    1997 Viper GTS B/W
    2004 Evolution

    cars previously owned:
    2003.5 BMW M3 smg
    1999 C5 frc
    1987 Pontiac fiero gt fastback
    I would go for some nice aftermarket suspension for it, heard they don't handle that well. REALLY nice car though!

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chelmsford, MA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    101

    Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    I would go for some nice aftermarket suspension for it, heard they don't handle that well. REALLY nice car though!
    Whoever told you that vipers dont handle well probably couldnt tell their ass from their elbow even if they were labeled with post-its...

    Vipers have always had .96g's and above on the skidpad, and I think there was only one year with it that low...

    So, in other words, vipers handle incredibly.

    -Scott

  20. #20
    Impounded MikeSomething's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge, NJ
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,420

    Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

    Quote Originally Posted by sk8runeg
    Whoever told you that vipers dont handle well probably couldnt tell their ass from their elbow even if they were labeled with post-its...

    Vipers have always had .96g's and above on the skidpad, and I think there was only one year with it that low...

    So, in other words, vipers handle incredibly.

    -Scott
    Road & Track must not be able to tell their ass from their elbow then...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ls1 porche
    By Ieatstangs in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 06:51 PM
  2. 02 WS6 VS 06 Porche Turbo
    By NeeD4SpeeD in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 08:48 AM
  3. Yet another porche killed by a LS1
    By 98-LS1 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 04:55 PM
  4. Porche driver...
    By DrMilhouse in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 09:38 AM
  5. 1/4 estimate on Porche
    By grandkodiak in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-02-2006, 11:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •