Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

poor little mustang gt

the other night i was on my way home from fueling up my car, and when i was like a half mile away, when this mustang gt with a very loud exhaust starts to follow me well i did just like any other fbody owner would do with a cut out, i opened it up and revved the engine to get his attention. well just to be curious i took a u turn to get on the elevated expressway and of course the moron followed me. while on the expressway, he gets on side of me and he was trying to tell me to punch it so he can try and pass me up, well i was like no and started to wave him on to give him a little jump ahead of me, because i just got a tune done to my car and i wanted to see what kinda power i actually gpt from it. well i waved him on, and he stomped the gas, so i hit my gas, and he jumped ahead of me about a car, then i just passed him up like he was standing still. after the race, he then followed me onto the off ramp of the expressway, and we stopped at a redlight. i rolled down my window, and asked the little gt driver with his little gt driver what he had done to it, he replied to me that he had a head and cam package, and an exhaust package, oh and he also stated to me that his car is set up for dead stop runs. i said ok then next light we will hook up again. he then asked me what i had done to my car, and i told him long tube headers, ory, flowmaster muffler. he got all excited and was ready for the next red light, well we got to the next red light, and waited for it to turn green. while waiting, i put on my racing song "Highway to the Danger Zone." so i can drown out his exhaust. well the light turned green and i herd both of us do a small burn out, then the last thing i remember seeing was the little mustang gt driver in my rear view mirror about 5 cars behind me getting smaller and smaller. poor guy. i guess he thought his little gt was fast with all those mods....i dont know do yall think he could have done better???

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I duno if this belongs here... maybe the kill section?

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

lol it belongs here

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

This belongs in the kill section.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmFanatic View Post
    ....waited for it to turn green. while waiting, i put on my racing song "Highway to the Danger Zone." ......

WTF.

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

well we got to the next red light, and waited for it to turn green. while waiting, i put on my racing song "Highway to the Danger Zone." so i can drown out his exhaust.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

hope thats a joke. If not, it sure made me crack up

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

those little gts.. when will they learn????

the other night i was on my way home from fueling up my car, and when i was like a half mile away, when this mustang gt with a very loud exhaust starts to follow me well i did just like any other fbody owner would do with a cut out, i opened it up and revved the engine to get his attention. well just to be curious i took a u turn to get on the elevated expressway and of course the moron followed me. while on the expressway, he gets on side of me and he was trying to tell me to punch it so he can try and pass me up, well i was like no and started to wave him on to give him a little jump ahead of me, because i just got a tune done to my car and i wanted to see what kinda power i actually gpt from it. well i waved him on, and he stomped the gas, so i hit my gas, and he jumped ahead of me about a car, then i just passed him up like he was standing still. after the race, he then followed me onto the off ramp of the expressway, and we stopped at a redlight. i rolled down my window, and asked the little gt driver with his little gt driver what he had done to it, he replied to me that he had a head and cam package, and an exhaust package, oh and he also stated to me that his car is set up for dead stop runs. i said ok then next light we will hook up again. he then asked me what i had done to my car, and i told him long tube headers, ory, flowmaster muffler. he got all excited and was ready for the next red light, well we got to the next red light, and waited for it to turn green. while waiting, i put on my racing song "Highway to the Danger Zone." so i can drown out his exhaust. well the light turned green and i herd both of us do a small burn out, then the last thing i remember seeing was the little mustang gt driver in my rear view mirror about 5 cars behind me getting smaller and smaller. poor guy. i guess he thought his little gt was fast with all those mods....i dont know do yall think he could have done better???
    So your car runs mid to low 12s on that setup?

Approver of Threads SpecterGT260's Avatar

Blacked out
    '98 Trans Am

probably not, but most 4.6GT's run in the mid 13s, even with a head/cam package (assuming its 2v). the heads on the 2v 4.6 are complete crap. IF the car was NPI his "head cam package" could have just been the PI swap in which case he is still a 14 second car unless he can drive like a bat out of hell. i used to have a 00 GT, knew that car inside and out. the only 4.6's that are running fast are gutted and have oober suspension work done, then they run like a 12.6 @ 102 or something crazy

i guess to put it into perspective, a buddy of mine has a 302 stroked 03GT with ported heads and nitrous cams, he runs mid 12s if he is really lucky. aftermarket heads for the 4.6 are almost non-existant, and the ones that are out there are only marginally better than stock. that car was still probably around the 300rwhp mark if it was the older 4.6, stock ls1 territory. If you would like I could pull out my old GT dyno sheets and show you just how far behind that motor is from the ls1
    Last edited by SpecterGT260; 07-22-2008 at 09:26 AM.

Approver of Threads SpecterGT260's Avatar

Blacked out
    '98 Trans Am

we need to know the year of the car. was it a 5.0, 4.6, or 4.6 3v?

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

lol it belongs here
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    This belongs in the kill section.
    pwn'd

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by totalkos View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

hope thats a joke. If not, it sure made me crack up
    ha im glad that i made you laugh totalkos, but i love that song.

oh and the mustang was a 2003 gt. dont know to much about them.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecterGT260 View Post
    probably not, but most 4.6GT's run in the mid 13s, even with a head/cam package (assuming its 2v). the heads on the 2v 4.6 are complete crap. IF the car was NPI his "head cam package" could have just been the PI swap in which case he is still a 14 second car unless he can drive like a bat out of hell. i used to have a 00 GT, knew that car inside and out. the only 4.6's that are running fast are gutted and have oober suspension work done, then they run like a 12.6 @ 102 or something crazy
    The Non PI headed car will not be in the 14s, with the PI cam and intake swap they are easy 13 second cars all day. Sorry but you really have no clue on anything you are talking about. These current "gutted" 2v cars, you are referring to, are running 10s and 11's. Here is a buddy of mine with an auto running 11s. Perfectly streetable and puts down around 280 to the wheels.
    http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...42008atD42.flv
    http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...2008D42III.flv
    http://s258.photobucket.com/player.s...fs=1&os=1&ap=1
    i guess to put it into perspective, a buddy of mine has a 302 stroked 03GT with ported heads and nitrous cams, he runs mid 12s if he is really lucky. aftermarket heads for the 4.6 are almost non-existant, and the ones that are out there are only marginally better than stock. that car was still probably around the 300rwhp mark if it was the older 4.6, stock ls1 territory. If you would like I could pull out my old GT dyno sheets and show you just how far behind that motor is from the ls1
    Serious, shut up. You really have no idea. There are no aftermarket heads, so "Marginally better over stock" huh, they are stock?!? So flowing 220-240 over a barely 180cfm stock flow isnt well more than marginal? Kick your friend in the nuts, have him sell his car because he cant drive for shit and probably has a seriously fucked up setup. Tell him to get off the internet.

Here is an example, I put down 325 to the wheels with my cammed and ported stock headed 2v and run high 12s at 110. That is with the stock intake and full exhaust, no cut outs. That is on street tires with only Ford Racing B springs, no other suspension work.
    Last edited by mogs01gt; 07-22-2008 at 11:53 AM.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    So your car runs mid to low 12s on that setup?
    I have tuned dozens of 12 second F-bodies that are autos with often times nothing more at all than headers, lid, catback, and drag radials. A really close friend of mine ran a 12.45 @110 with those mods and a stock stall. He added heads, cam, stall, and 150 hit and the car went 10.57 @ 129.xx with no juice until 100' out. I have video too if you'd like... I have seen 3 bone STOCK M6 f-bodies with good drivers run them into the 12.90s on our track here. One of them was the previous car of the guy I was just talking about.

Here is an example, I put down 325 to the wheels with my cammed and ported stock headed 2v and run high 12s at 110. That is with the stock intake and full exhaust, no cut outs. That is on street tires with only Ford Racing B springs, no other suspension work.
    Sounds like a lot of work for the ET.

...and none of this gets around the bit I quoted from the original poster either.
    Last edited by Frost; 07-22-2008 at 12:41 PM.

10's N/A

The Non PI headed car will not be in the 14s, with the PI cam and intake swap they are easy 13 second cars all day.
    I wouldn't say easy 13's with just the '99-up cams, intake and Performance Improvement cylinder heads. Majority of the '99-04 GT's were in the low to mid 14's stock. A set of 3.73's and a couple bolt-ons would probably get you easy 13's on street rubber.

Ported heads, cams, and bolt ons - for 325rwhp and high 12's...that's pretty lame.

2-valves aren't very impressive. I'd much rather prefer the 3- and 4-v cars.

lol you people are dense. I forgot where I was at, I will remind myself to check reality at the door.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

ha im glad that i made you laugh totalkos, but i love that song.

oh and the mustang was a 2003 gt. dont know to much about them.
    that song rocks
    Last edited by Speedy_Gonzales; 07-22-2008 at 08:02 PM.

10's N/A

lol you people are dense. I forgot where I was at, I will remind myself to check reality at the door.
    Don't get mad at us 'people' because your cammed/headed/bolt-on 2-valve put down a stout 325rw!

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    your cammed/headed/bolt-on 2-valve put down a stout 325rw!
    thats cute.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

um....did anyone watch the videos on this guys post??? if so i hope yall noticed the track was built on the down side of a hill...no friggen wonder he was hitting those times and speeds

The Non PI headed car will not be in the 14s, with the PI cam and intake swap they are easy 13 second cars all day. Sorry but you really have no clue on anything you are talking about. These current "gutted" 2v cars, you are referring to, are running 10s and 11's. Here is a buddy of mine with an auto running 11s. Perfectly streetable and puts down around 280 to the wheels.
    http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...42008atD42.flv
    http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...2008D42III.flv
    http://s258.photobucket.com/player.s...fs=1&os=1&ap=1

Serious, shut up. You really have no idea. There are no aftermarket heads, so "Marginally better over stock" huh, they are stock?!? So flowing 220-240 over a barely 180cfm stock flow isnt well more than marginal? Kick your friend in the nuts, have him sell his car because he cant drive for shit and probably has a seriously fucked up setup. Tell him to get off the internet.

Thread Information