Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Owned by a LS1

This is a discussion on Owned by a LS1 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by tonyjnjz ever heard of tourqe steer????? was bad at STOCK levels...and its not nearly as aerodynamic as ...

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    ever heard of tourqe steer????? was bad at STOCK levels...and its not nearly as aerodynamic as the z....and a STOCK z is closer to 350 flywheel horse compared to the 260-270.........a stock 6 speed ls1 would take it hands down......off the line AND top end ..and thats with 5k plus worth of mods to the rsx with NO supporting mods
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    oh and it was 2700 lbs......have u owned one????
    take it easy man...like i said my friends rsx with the stated mods hung neck and neck till third gear in the ls1....and this ls1 wasnt stock, lid n lt headers...it was a 6spd too....after third the ls1 pulled n pulled

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

alright alright im sry got a lil excited there.....hard to fathom my old rsx even with a blower on it keeping up with an ls1....got rid of it for a reason ....anythings possible right..what does your friend have done to his??

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I freakin am finally going down to the lot next week to get a 2000 WS6. Thank you Jesus!! Its taken long enough

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

OK steps for LS1 ownership young Paduwan..

1. Get it!

2. Mod it!

3. Don't wreck it!

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Actually its like
    1) Get it!
    2) Pay it off!
    3) Mod it!
    4) Don't wreck it!

One more thing, my friend has a 06 STI and he swears he will eat me alive. Will the WS6 take him? All it has is SLP lid and LM.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I don't know dude, I heard those new STI's are pretty damn fast stock. If he has mods, he might be in the 12 sec. range easily.

Race him from a roll, especially since you haven't raced your car a lot. If it's an M6, then you will have traction issues with stock tires in first and second. Up to 60 mph it will spin like mad with stockers.

I would run him up to at least 120 or 130, so if you are slipping and sliding at the beginning, you still will have time to run him down. I think 100 plus is usually LS1's home field advantage. (I know, its Superbowl time)

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

He went 12.9 at the track...that car is a beast for a 4 banger.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Oh damn, race him from a 30 mph roll and don't let off till 130, you should put a couple car lengths on him. But you will prolly be neck and neck at around 90 mph, then you will pull him like a choked chicken.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Lol at that speed I'll just take your word for it I have no business going that fast.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

You say that now...

Then the speed bug will corrupt your brain and all you will think about are AFR heads, big ass cams, and prochargers will dance on your eyeballs while you are trying to sleep!

haha

black
    00 ss camaro

Thumbs up

hey hey now the kids got a point.... let him feel it out.. its amazing how these cars pick up speed after a hundred or a hundred n forty for that matter.. i hope your good at drivin a stick otherwise youll be into a new tranny in no time.. trust me they're like glass until ya build em up.. especially if its pre-2001 the synchros some sort of graphite or plastic.. but ill second roast em.. its comin more speed is gonna be your main topic
    00 SS TRak CAM,VALVETRAIN,CAI,HOOKER LT'S,3" ORY,CAT DELETE,PCV+EGR DELETE,LS6 MAN.90MM PORTED T/B, ASP UNDERDRIVE PULLEY,LS6PORTED OIL PUMP, FULLY BUILT T56 VIPER TRANNY,MOSER 12 BOLT 3.73'S 33 SPLINE BOLT IN AXELS ALL HOTCHKISS SUSPENSION.,BMR ADJ. TQ. ARM.,SFC'S, E. CUTOUT. 423 rwhp 416 rwTQ.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BlueByU-SS View Post
    hey hey now the kids got a point.... let him feel it out.. its amazing how these cars pick up speed after a hundred or a hundred n forty for that matter.. i hope your good at drivin a stick otherwise youll be into a new tranny in no time.. trust me they're like glass until ya build em up.. especially if its pre-2001 the synchros some sort of graphite or plastic.. but ill second roast em.. its comin more speed is gonna be your main topic

Hell Im financing alot of money (to me) Im getting a 01-02 Black, 6 speed. I won't settle for anything else.

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

To clarify, yes I meant engine horsepower, not rwhp; I figure between 320 and 340 at the crank, nowhere near an LS1 with the same mods, but fun just the same! The car is for sale, but if I keep it forced induction and a forged stroker are in the future for sure! There's something to be said for modding your first performance car, and i'd like to be able to say that I made my power with the same basic engine that came in the car, instead of swapping to the newer Gen III/IV smallblocks.

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

oh and totally don't race that STi from a stop, do it from at least 35-45 mph, I can't punch it below 30 mph with my shift kit, rear gear and little mods, and if I race from a stop I don't hook up 'til I pass 40 mph. LT1s have more torque off the line (peak torque is at lower rpm) but the LS1 will have more guts and even less traction; you'll get spanked unless you take that STi into the triple digits!

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Man yesterday at the auction a 98 white Trans am came through non WS6 and auto, car was immaculate....70k miles...sold for 6 thousand. If it had been a stick i would of been a fellow LS1 owner, I'll buy my WS6 hood later, Im sick of waiting for my Trans am lol. My bud with the STI just rear ended someone because he was trailing them to close, so its out of action for a while, Monday is another day at the auction wish me luck!

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Don't get a 97-98 LS1 powered car if you can help it. The guy at Carolina AutoMasters, who tunes these things all the time, said there was something up with the electronics and they were hard to tune. Get a 99-02 F-bod if possible.

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    u have no idea how many misinformed people i meet thinking the same thing...and when i tell them how fast our 4th gens are they just look at me like " yyeeaah"...ive seen a 5spd 3.8liter i/e v6 camaro beat an auto 97gt ahahah....imagine how pissed you woulda been if that happened to u
    my friend gas as 96 GT that he thinks is fast..has headers,exhaust and gears...it has the loudmouth on it so its very loud and people think its fast when really its not...well my other friend has a saturn ion redline with just a pulley up grade and he beat him and hes like what...noo thats not possible..im like yea bro it is..

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I have a 96 GT right now, I have been beaten by a RSX type S. Actually I cant race anything right now because my drive shaft is busted and my Gas tank has sprung some holes recently. Ford =

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Damn, as if gas mileage wasn't bad enough its leaking like a sieve to boot!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information