Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

owned by evo

This is a discussion on owned by evo within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by mrr23 ok, i'll get in on this one. you first state that cams or not, it runs ...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    ok, i'll get in on this one. you first state that cams or not, it runs out of breath on the top end. then you say the dyno proves nothing because his car is heavily modified???

cliff notes:
    even with cams, they have no top end
    then after seeing dyno sheet, it doesn't count because it's heavily modified?

maybe i'm missing something here. Click for full size
    He doesn't just have cams.

He has a few thousand dollars in mods, including full bolt ons, exhaust, increased boost, meth injection, tune, ect.

Look at his powerband, overall its garbage.

A stock Evo with just cams obviously isn't going to have the same dyno chart as him. Not even close, especially power wise.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

I redline at 8000rpm, I never see 3000rpm's so I could care less what happens there, I launch the car at 6500rpm, when I shift it falls to about 5500, which is near peak torque. You were proven wrong, and considering the babble that you post here as "truth and facts" you shouldn't be talking about what's a good powerband and what's not.

Want me to stop defending my precious evo? Stop making baseless claims. You don't like the car, we get it.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

i don't know of anyone that puts cam in and doesn't have the other supporting mods to go with it.

are you going to put a cam in your car without adding the bolt ons???

(side note: i did put a cam in a friend's car without headers TR cheaTR cam just for stock manifolds)

your hang up is top end with these cars. so, his overall powerband isn't garbage. in a race, the only time he'll be under 4000 rpms is in 1st gear at the launch, if that.

you made a blanket statement and got called on it. now you are putting stipulations on it.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    I redline at 8000rpm, I never see 3000rpm's so I could care less what happens there, I launch the car at 6500rpm, when I shift it falls to about 5500, which is near peak torque. You were proven wrong, and considering the babble that you post here as "truth and facts" you shouldn't be talking about what's a good powerband and what's not.

Want me to stop defending my precious evo? Stop making baseless claims. You don't like the car, we get it.
    You don't care about 3000RPM's?? So I guess you don't drive the car on the streets then, its a track only car??

Most people drive their cars on the street. I could never drive a car so gutless that you have to rev to 3,000RPM just to get 145lb/ft of torque. Very pathetic.

Baseless claims?? I say cams alone don't give Evos great top end. You post your fully modded dyno chart and try to say thats a good example??

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    i don't know of anyone that puts cam in and doesn't have the other supporting mods to go with it.
    are you going to put a cam in your car without adding the bolt ons???
    (side note: i did put a cam in a friend's car without headers TR cheaTR cam just for stock manifolds)
    But its still possible. That was my point.

your hang up is top end with these cars. so, his overall powerband isn't garbage. in a race, the only time he'll be under 4000 rpms is in 1st gear at the launch, if that.
    I said overall as in the whole thing - and overall, it is garbage. Unless its a track only car, I couldn't care less about where you have to keep the RPM's to make power. Its obviously a street car though, and making those kind of pathetic HP/TQ numbers below about 3300RPM is a joke.

you made a blanket statement and got called on it. now you are putting stipulations on it.
    I meant cams and only cams. Not a fully built up motor. The stipulations were there to begin with.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

where? you said; Cams or not its still only a 4 cylinder, and they still run our of breath on the top end.. you didn't say cams only. again generic blanket statement.

our cars don't make alot of power just driving around either. part throttle, under 3000 rpms, isn't going to be make 300 ft-lbs of torque. it will make more than his, but not by much.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

I meant cams and only cams. Not a fully built up motor. The stipulations were there to begin with.
    I don't have a full built up motor, it's a stock motor with 60,000 miles on it, reguardless of what you MEANT to say, you didnt say it, and after you were proved wrong you attempt this.

I'll show you a minor bolt on dyno sheet now that a "all built up" motor (lol) isn't good enough.

Tons of low end grunt and it isn't gasping for air up top...

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

wesman's been all hale the mighty evo!!! lol this evo shit is NEVER gonna end on this site...im just gonna have to buy one to compare....oh yeah NICE dyno 4tun8 ..great numbers

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Im rather surprised it is still open

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Pretty much.

Whenever someone says anthing bad about the precious Evo, 4tun8 steps in to try and defend his car.

Anyhow, the dyno graph proves nothing. Why?? Because his car is heavily modded, with well over a few thousand dollars in modifications. With enough mods you can make any car fast. And an LS1 with a few thousand dollars in mods will be making a hell of a lot more power than 420WHP and 373lb/ft of torque. Plus it will actually be driveable on the street.

Gotta love the torque curve, 145ft/lbs at 3000RPM

Same with the power curve. Less than 100HP below 3300RPM. Thats why I'll never own a 4 cylinder "performance" car.
    makes a good point
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    makes a good point
    I'm glad some people still aren't ricers on here...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    I don't have a full built up motor, it's a stock motor with 60,000 miles on it, reguardless of what you MEANT to say, you didnt say it, and after you were proved wrong you attempt this.

I'll show you a minor bolt on dyno sheet now that a "all built up" motor (lol) isn't good enough.

Click for full size

Tons of low end grunt and it isn't gasping for air up top...
    Tons of low end grunt

I can almost hear it...buzzz buzzz zoooooom buzzzzzzz TURBO buuuuuuuuzzzzz....

So now you'll pulling different dyno sheet out of your ass, after you got embarassed at how pathetic the low end was on the first one??

Get this through your head: You drive a 4 cylinder. Its not a big engine. Its doesn't have anything down low. It has bad turbo lag. IT doesn't compare to a V8 in terms of useable powerband.

So why are you trying to prove something that isn't real??

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    wesman's been all hale the mighty evo!!! lol this evo shit is NEVER gonna end on this site...im just gonna have to buy one to compare....oh yeah NICE dyno 4tun8 ..great numbers
    Yea, we should all go trade in our V8 Muscle cars for 4 cylinder riceburners.

Then we can be cool like 4tun8.

Or just make people laugh when we drive by....

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Damn...Tons of low end grunt. hahahahaha....ha.

Yeah, I have to agree with Wesman. It sounds like crap, and IS gutless below 3K.

Will it run hard in 4tun8's setup? Damn straight.

But it still sounds like crap, and it is still gutless before the turbo spools.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post

Damn...Tons of low end grunt. hahahahaha....ha.

Yeah, I have to agree with Wesman. It sounds like crap, and IS gutless below 3K.

Will it run hard in 4tun8's setup? Damn straight.

But it still sounds like crap, and it is still gutless before the turbo spools.
    Thanks you.

Finally someone else with some common sense.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Tons of low end grunt

I can almost hear it...buzzz buzzz zoooooom buzzzzzzz TURBO buuuuuuuuzzzzz....

So now you'll pulling different dyno sheet out of your ass, after you got embarassed at how pathetic the low end was on the first one??

Get this through your head: You drive a 4 cylinder. Its not a big engine. Its doesn't have anything down low. It has bad turbo lag. IT doesn't compare to a V8 in terms of useable powerband.

So why are you trying to prove something that isn't real??

How have I been embarassed? I pulled a different dyno sheet because you said that the other one was a too heavily modified car. You're right that it doesnt compare to a v8 in terms of usable powerband, but I never claimed that it did. You claimed that 4 cylinder motors run out of breath on the top end, and I showed proof how they do not. So how am I embarassed again?

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I like EVO's. Here is the fastest, nicest one I have had the pleasure to experience.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

If you look closely you can see the turbo and wastegate.

back 'n better than ever Kjz99z28's Avatar

White/Black
    1999 Z28

Yea, we should all go trade in our V8 Muscle cars for 4 cylinder riceburners.

Then we can be cool like 4tun8.

Or just make people laugh when we drive by....
    He's not trying to get you to say that EVOs are better than your v8. He's just trying to say that it didn't run out of top end like you said it did. So I'm failing to see why he's such a ricer, and why he should be embarrassed.

Hell, I don't want an EVO. But no reason to ignore information about one.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information