Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Black
    Porsche

Owned a 2002 C5 Z06 . . . by bus lengths

I was driving down the street in my modified 996TT when I came upon a beautiful red C5 Z06 (2002). As I pulled up next to him, he immediately hammered the gas peddle. There were too many cars around, so I stayed behind him until traffic cleared. The Z06 found an open stretch without any cars and again mashed the gas peddle. I slipped into the lane next to him and went WOT (after he already had the jump). I immediately pulled by him and put many, many cars on him. He rolled up next to me at the next light and we agreed to go to a nearby quite, wide open street for a couple of runs.

We went twice . . . both times from a slow roll. I put bus lengths on the Z06 both runs.

Afterwards, we chatted for a while. The Z06 owner is a very cool guy. He just bought the car a couple of weeks ago and he appeared quite surprised that something driven on the street could beat him so badly. Nevertheless, he remained a gentlemen and we had a nice chat. His car is gorgeous!

I am not surprised by the outcome, as I have prevailed over several C5 Z06s in the past, when I was using a considerably less powerful set-up. Now I need to find C6 Z06!

996TT

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

Whats a 996TT?

Black
    Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. CarelessAndImprudent
    Whats a 996TT?
    Its a Porsche.

996TTx50

In yo' hood up to no good

1 of 122 Blk A4 WS6 Verts
    1999 T/A WS6 Vert A4

Quote Originally Posted by 996TTx50
    Now I need to find C6 Z06!
    Good kill. And good luck against a C6 Z06, you'll need it!

Black
    Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by 1 of 122
    Good kill. And good luck against a C6 Z06, you'll need it!
    I'm not concerned.

996TTx50

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

I'm not concerned.

996TTx50
    What can we say! you are the man I think 1 of 122 was saying good luck for the little dick problem because studies show that someone who drives around in a TT Porsche suffer from tiny dick syndrome... Like 1 of 122 said good luck with that!!!

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

I was driving down the street in my modified 996TT when I came upon a beautiful red C5 Z06 (2002). As I pulled up next to him, he immediately hammered the gas peddle. There were too many cars around, so I stayed behind him until traffic cleared. The Z06 found an open stretch without any cars and again mashed the gas peddle. I slipped into the lane next to him and went WOT (after he already had the jump). I immediately pulled by him and put many, many cars on him. He rolled up next to me at the next light and we agreed to go to a nearby quite, wide open street for a couple of runs.

We went twice . . . both times from a slow roll. I put bus lengths on the Z06 both runs.

Afterwards, we chatted for a while. The Z06 owner is a very cool guy. He just bought the car a couple of weeks ago and he appeared quite surprised that something driven on the street could beat him so badly. Nevertheless, he remained a gentlemen and we had a nice chat. His car is gorgeous!

I am not surprised by the outcome, as I have prevailed over several C5 Z06s in the past, when I was using a considerably less powerful set-up. Now I need to find C6 Z06!

996TT

Give it up , we all know your really LawDog !

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Welcome to the board bro The c6 z06 will definately be more of a challange...what do you run in the 1/4? I think the c6 z06 runs mid 11's at 120+ trap

Black
    Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by 98LSGUN
    What can we say! you are the man I think 1 of 122 was saying good luck for the little dick problem because studies show that someone who drives around in a TT Porsche suffer from tiny dick syndrome... Like 1 of 122 said good luck with that!!!
    Is that really the best that you can do . . . . a lame small dick insult.

996TTx50

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Is that really the best that you can do . . . . a lame small dick insult.

996TTx50
    wasn't trying to insult just pointing out a fact. You are the man!!

Black
    Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Welcome to the board bro The c6 z06 will definately be more of a challange...what do you run in the 1/4? I think the c6 z06 runs mid 11's at 120+ trap
    Thanks for the welcome, but Im not new to this forum. I was a member back in 2002, but my membership was lost in the meltdown a few months ago. I just recently resigned up.

The C6 Z06 is a tremendous car and I have only respect for it. While it obviously is more of a challenge than a C5 Z06, I remain confident that I can handlily beat one. I do not have a 1/4 mile time slip for my particular car, but I am faster than the Z06s mid-11s.

996TTx50

what mods do you have? i looked on porsche's site and couldn't find one. is it built on the 911 platform?

Black
    Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss
    what mods do you have? i looked on porsche's site and couldn't find one. is it built on the 911 platform?
    The 996TT is the twin turbo Porsche 911 built between 2001 and 2005. The following is a list of my mods:

Performance Mods: EVO MS GT800 turbos (Garrett GT30 compressor / K24 turbine) * Custom GIAC programming with Chipswitch (valet, 91 and 100 octane programs) * Fast Intentions custom exhaust (Tubi tips, Burns Stainless Ultra-Light Racing Mufflers, 76 mm 304 stainless steel tubing) * EVO MS short tube headers (44.5 mm primary tube, Tech Line Turbo X ceramic coating) * Bosch/Siemens 720cc high flow fuel injectors * Bosch high pressure fuel pump * Gemballa sport air intake system and air inlet distributor * GT2 intercoolers with Innovative Pro Design modified end tanks and piping * Innovative Pro Design aluminum Y-pipe * 996NA 75 mm throttle body * Innovative Pro Design aluminum intake plenum * EVO MS V-Flow intake box * Aquamist methanol/water injection system (boost actuated direct spray into the intake) * Aquamist methanol/water intercooler sprays (boost and manually actuated) * Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump (fuel pump voltage amplifier) * Porsche Motorsports 5 bar fuel pressure regulator * EVO MS fuel line upgrade kit, including stainless steel lines, modified fuel rail, and fuel filter * EVO MS silicone boost hose kit * Bailey diverter valves * Carrillo rods * IA 8740 alloy, coated head studs * IA upgraded, coated valve springs * GT3 oil pump * Shuffle pinned case * Ceramic coated piston tops * Dry lubed rods and skirts * Porsche 986 MAF * JRZ RS double adjustable racing dampers * Eibach springs * TPC front and rear sway bars (24 mm/30 mm) * TRG front and rear adjustable drop links * Cargraphic alloy strut tower bar * Brembo 14in / 380 mm Evolution brakes with cross drilled rotors * Brembo wheel carriers * Brembo stainless steel brake lines * Brembo ceramic brake pads * Porsche X50 transmission * EVO MS modified torque converter (increased stall speed) * HRE 540R wheels (11.5/8.5) * Michelin Pilot Sport Cups (315/235) * Optima Redtop battery

Non-Performance Mods: Tech-Art Type II front bumper * GT2 rear wing * Porsche sport seats * SmarTire tire pressure monitoring * AEM wideband air fuel gauge * Defi-Link boost gauge * Defi-Link Control Unit II * K40 radar detector and laser diffuser * RUF stainless steel pedals * Carbon fiber steering wheel, shift knob and parking brake * Silver Porsche crest * Paris Audio garage door opener * Chrome lug bolts * Bumper plugs (front bumper and driver's keyhole) * Rear wiper delete and plug * Clear side markers * Ash tray delete console * 35% tinted windows

996TTx50

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

That's a lot of mods! How much do you have in the car?? What hp are you getting to the wheels? Excuse my ignorance but is this an AWD? Any pics??

Black
    Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by 98LSGUN
    That's a lot of mods! How much do you have in the car?? What hp are you getting to the wheels? Excuse my ignorance but is this an AWD? Any pics??
    I have never dynoed my car, but based on dyno numbers for a car with certain of the same mods, including the same turbos and fuel system, my best guestimate is about 950 hp at the crank (but that is nothing more than a guess).

AWD = All wheel drive (as opposed to front or rear wheel drive).

This forum will not allow me to post pics until I get to ten posts (I had many more than ten posts before my membership dissolved with the forum meltdown).

996TT

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

Hurry up and post man, i gotta see some pics of your car. It sounds amazingly badass

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Damn!!! Good kill and you gotta get some pics

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

All wheel drive I can't wait to see it, it's sounds awesome...

Black
    Porsche

2 more posts and Ill be able to post pics.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

just post 2 more dude

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information