For one
    Looking

Ouch, that had to hurt!

So I'm coming home from work, and I'm just going down the back roads. The highway was horribly backed up. So I pull up to this light and these two guys in a Neon are talking. Dude's a ricer. His friend must know more about cars because I can hear him saying. "Dude your car isn't that fast. Really."

"Oh yeah," the driver says, "watch me take this dude"

"Dude that's a suburban, my grandma's car can take that"

"Yeah but watch how far behind I leave him"

At first I was just giggling inside. If he beats me, it isn't like I really lost anything, I mean really... I'm in my 'Burb. So I figure Meh I'll see what all this kid really has. He looks at me, and I look at him I rev it up to 2k and get ready for the light. Its taking too long, so I let it drop back down, and grab a cig and light it. Well while lighting, the light changes(don't smoke, its bad for you and you might miss a green light). He gets the jump on me. I close and drop my lighter and go for it. I pull and pass him before I even get to second. I can see his buddy laughing in the rear view as they start pulling up to the light I got caught at. Then I see him pointing to the back of my burb and he literally doubles over in the passenger seat.

Then I remembered. A friend and I were talking about my Suburban. He's talking about how fast it seems, but why I didn't remove the governor. So I write on the back window(in the dust that had settled there) the reason. In big bold letters I put "7800 pounds". So here this guy got whooped, and to add insult to injury, the vehicle that beat him was a 7800 pound mostly stock suburban... That HAD to hurt.

Pewter
    02 Z28

stupid ricers
    2002 Z28 Auto (3.23 gears)
    Mods
    Lid, UD pulley, Shift Kit, 160 Thermo, Y-pipe, Panhard, TB bypass, Bellow, K&N, Strut Brace, Flowmaster, weight reduction.

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

vortex to the resue

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

lol, good kill

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Formula

Wow talk about about pooring salt in a wound.

For one
    Looking

Honestly if I had known how slow the guys car was, I might have just finished lighting my cig

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

thats awsome lol. I love it when you smoke a ricer in a vehicle that no one thinks would win a race against a turtle

Quote Originally Posted by thecorrectformula
    @ you're avatar.....!!!!!

Black
    01 Camaro SS

So i guess this kid was in just a regular ol neon???

Oh yeah, love the avatar too TCF!
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    Oh yeah, love the avatar too TCF!
    Thank you. I think it's pretty nice

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
    So I'm coming home from work, and I'm just going down the back roads. The highway was horribly backed up. So I pull up to this light and these two guys in a Neon are talking. Dude's a ricer. His friend must know more about cars because I can hear him saying. "Dude your car isn't that fast. Really."

"Oh yeah," the driver says, "watch me take this dude"

"Dude that's a suburban, my grandma's car can take that"

"Yeah but watch how far behind I leave him"

At first I was just giggling inside. If he beats me, it isn't like I really lost anything, I mean really... I'm in my 'Burb. So I figure Meh I'll see what all this kid really has. He looks at me, and I look at him I rev it up to 2k and get ready for the light. Its taking too long, so I let it drop back down, and grab a cig and light it. Well while lighting, the light changes(don't smoke, its bad for you and you might miss a green light). He gets the jump on me. I close and drop my lighter and go for it. I pull and pass him before I even get to second. I can see his buddy laughing in the rear view as they start pulling up to the light I got caught at. Then I see him pointing to the back of my burb and he literally doubles over in the passenger seat.

Then I remembered. A friend and I were talking about my Suburban. He's talking about how fast it seems, but why I didn't remove the governor. So I write on the back window(in the dust that had settled there) the reason. In big bold letters I put "7800 pounds". So here this guy got whooped, and to add insult to injury, the vehicle that beat him was a 7800 pound mostly stock suburban... That HAD to hurt.
    Nice....what year and engine do you have? BTW you burb doesn't weight 7800lbs...that's the GVWR. Your curb weight is around 5500-6400 depending on configuration (2wd, 4wd, 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton)

For one
    Looking

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Nice....what year and engine do you have? BTW you burb doesn't weight 7800lbs...that's the GVWR. Your curb weight is around 5500-6400 depending on configuration (2wd, 4wd, 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton)
    99 k1500 tree-fiddy vortec. Stock engine and drivetrain(automatic 4L60e pushbutton 4WD). Last time she was on the scales, she was right around 7000, so I just used the GVWR to make a point. Really though it was just me pointing out to my friend that the vehicle is a heavy beast with the small engine. Like I said. Its not a vehicle I intend on ever racing. I guess it was a lucky thing for him that my steel girder trailer wasn't hooked up.... Imagine his friend watching a huge trailer passing the car. I might have made the next light if I was drivin my wife's firebird.

Well the Neon had a body kit(looked professionally done), coffee can exhaust, looked kinda like rattlecan paint job, Bunch of stickers(including hedman, borla, and hooker) and the ever so important rear wing. Really couldn't have been that fast. I didn't break the speed limit before I passed him.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I saw a smashed up neon driving around with holley and cherry bomb sticks all over it, it looked and sounded stock but the front end was ripped off lol. Also his hub caps were taken off thats how you know there a street racer lol. Somebody needs to tell these kids when there moms ford taurus or windstar can beat there car in a race, they arent a street racer.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 09-10-2007 at 02:53 PM.

Thread Information