x-GTO Owner still love em ctbeiser's Avatar

Graystone
    2006 Silverado Z-71

Opinion Poll: 04 GTO vs Lighting

I met a very cocky kid with a Lighting and he says he "owns" every LS1 in town. I have never seen one run but I would like to try him.

04 GTO: CAI K&N, Custom Tune, Granatelli MAF (don't jump on me...I hear they are a waste of cash, but it came on the car) and M6

Lighting: As far as I know he has a pulley. How much boost ????

I do not go around acting like my car is the fastest thing on Earth because it is not. I just want to see if this Lighting is as bad as he says it is.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Well, first off it depends what size pulley hes running and if he changed the upper or the lower...and Im sure he has more than just a pulley....I hope to dear god he at least has a tune or hes not getting the full effect from the pulley...seeing that you are an M6...I would have to say a lot of it would come down to your driving...find out all his mods and I might be a bit more help

Silver
    98 Honda Civic

I think he is going to take you in short race (stop light to stop light). I used to have a Lightning and those things make some serious torque! Please prove me wrong...race him and let everyone know!

Graystone
    2006 Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!!
    Well, first off it depends what size pulley hes running and if he changed the upper or the lower...and Im sure he has more than just a pulley....I hope to dear god he at least has a tune or hes not getting the full effect from the pulley...seeing that you are an M6...I would have to say a lot of it would come down to your driving...find out all his mods and I might be a bit more help
    He did not say what size pulley or which one....but "it has 11 lbs of boost" and I "won't be able to touch him." I am not sure if he knows. No tune that I know of. The more and more I talk to him the more and more I would like to smoke him. I will have to wait for a nice day here in Michigan.

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by ctbeiser
    He did not say what size pulley or which one....but "it has 11 lbs of boost" and I "won't be able to touch him." I am not sure if he knows. No tune that I know of. The more and more I talk to him the more and more I would like to smoke him. I will have to wait for a nice day here in Michigan.

hmm 11 pounds...most likely a 4 pound lower...but without a tune hes is seeing no where near the full potential....I think if you get a good launch you should do well

Red
    1997 Camaro SS

On our track a stock lightning and a stock GTO is a good race but a pullied Lightning with any other mods is quite a bit faster. I agree tuning is important though.

97SSM6

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by JS02
    On our track a stock lightning and a stock GTO is a good race but a pullied Lightning with any other mods is quite a bit faster. I agree tuning is important though.

97SSM6

I dont see why you wouldnt tune if you pullied it, but Ive met dumbasses before

Graystone
    2006 Silverado Z-71

I don't either. I don't think he does because he came right and told me what he has done to his truck...it was most exterior stuff. He told me about the pulley and didn't say anything else done to the engine. I don't know why he would tell me about the pulley and not the tune.

I think the Lightning has it.

Thread Information