Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 49 of 49

oo z28 m6 vs. 05 wrx sti

This is a discussion on oo z28 m6 vs. 05 wrx sti within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by CamaroKillZ28 I have never seen an evo pull off 12s at a track, maybe thats just the ...

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by CamaroKillZ28
    I have never seen an evo pull off 12s at a track, maybe thats just the people around here driving it, but i have heard of 1 ya 1 evo here in bakersfield that runs in the 12s. Ive seen an evo with exhaust and boost controller get spanked by a stock a4 ls1. sorry i just do not like import drivers (id have an evo for my dd, but thats it)
    Well if theres only 1 around, I guess its no suprise there arent really any fast ones being... there are none around. They're mid 13 second cars stock. The 2005-06s hit low 13s stock. Theres actually been a couple guys with bone stock 2006s hit 12s stock!

    Soo.. I guess youve seen stock ones with bad drivers? Oh well, to each his own.

  2. #42
    zz502
    Guest
    sti's are pretty quick

  3. #43
    Junior Member Maroz28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Age
    33
    Posts
    24

    Sebring Silver Metallic
    1998 Camaro Z/28

    sad that this turned into a boost theory thread.... anyone who is up in PDX should head out to AutoX or the drags this spring and look me up.

  4. #44
    cmadams4
    Guest
    A car as well rounded as a Evo... how about a '89 Ford Tempo.

    Come now... Evo's are a piece of crap econo box with (I admit) a o.k. engine. Do those big spoilers actually work, or do they just add 50 LBS. of plastic to the rear?

    Second, How long are these cars going to run at +20 LBS. boost? I don't 'get' imports and I hope I never do. Honestly the money these poeple spend to make their cars run as slow as ours!

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by cmadams4
    A car as well rounded as a Evo... how about a '89 Ford Tempo.


    Come now... Evo's are a piece of crap econo box with (I admit) a o.k. engine. Do those big spoilers actually work, or do they just add 50 LBS. of plastic to the rear?

    Second, How long are these cars going to run at +20 LBS. boost? I don't 'get' imports and I hope I never do. Honestly the money these poeple spend to make their cars run as slow as ours!
    Good joke Thats funny, I dont think Ford Tempos ran mid 13s, pulled .94s on skidpads, 70mph slaloms and 111ft 0-60 braking.

    I was expecting an "j/k" in there, but I didnt get it. If you are serious with what you just said, you are THE most dim-whitted person Ive seen on this boards. Im not going to try to enlighten you too much because gauging this post of yours, you seem pretty thick headed but Ill try.

    You know EVOs run mid 13's stock right? You know the EVO9s (2006) have run 12.90s stock. My car made 346whp with $1900 in mods. Wow thats weak right...

    The fact you said how long can they run 20psi of boost. Well hmm, you must have been locked in a closet to not know the 4G63 engine has been around for decades now and it can handle it just fine. Its not an aluminum block with high compression. You know most of the guys running 8s run 40 to 56psi Thats just o.k. though right?

    Why dont you use some of your free time to sharpen up your knowledge of other vehicles instead of "assuming" things like an EVO is an econobox with an engine in it. Its in fact much, much more. The only thing it does share with the Econobox is the interior and frame, however of course the frame was made 40% stiffer. Just about every other part including suspension design, body parts, engine, drivetrain, brakes, wheels, etc are completely different. Put it this way, a Camaro V6 is much closer to the Z28 than the Lancer is to the EVO. Thats an engine transplant. Hopefully youre not completely retarded and can understand some of this. Oh and the wing actually provides a healthy amount of downforce above 60mph and it's carbon fiber so it weighs less than 10lbs. Remember these cars werent just made for straight lines.

    I dont care if you like them or not, thats a personal opinion and everyone is entitled to it. However, the doltish statements you made are indeed fallacious and flat out retarded.

  6. #46
    Support HR 1146 jking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Age
    43
    Posts
    495
    2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

    Quote Originally Posted by jomo
    Hot Rod Magazine January 2004 had a shootout with a STI and SC Cobra and they ran them quarter mile Mustang 13.30 at 109mph 60ft 2.25 (altitude corrected) STI 13.29 at 100.5mph 60ft 1.8 (altitude corrected).
    Road course 1:22.7 Mustang STI 1:21.0. Streets of Willow road course.

    They also said in a street race that its traction disadvantage it would probably lose too. I think that after the quater mile that the Mustang would just run it down or on a roll on that it would get STI too.

    I have never seen or anyone talk about a stock 2003-2004 Cobra run 12.4 with stock radials.

    Evan Smith ran a 12.43 @ 113.

    our best-ever 12.43/113 in a stock '03 Cobra
    http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...8mm_hollywood/

    His test are usually a hell of a lot more indicative of a car's potential than some idiot who is sliding out of the hole with a 2.25 60.

    Lots of stock Cobra's run mid 12's at Houston Raceway.

    I talked to a guy one cool night who was running 12.20's on DR's with an otherwise stock car.

  7. #47
    Yea, the 03-04 cobras are nasty, took a blower to beat the LS1, but damn, what an effective method

  8. #48
    cmadams4
    Guest
    Wow, EE1983 guy, pretty defensive about your car, I see this is a sore spot with you.

    Yeah, I was bored, getting you import guys reved up can be very entertaining. I dont' know much about Evos, yeah you got me there, but then I couldn't be bothered to either. That is why I hang out at LS1/F-body forums and not Evo/import forums.

    Then anybody with half a brain (I am assuming you have half a brain) would see the fun in my tempo/evo comparison. I was not comparing performance numbers (obvious), rather styling. The whole look is zzzzzz...snore...zzzzzzz.

    Honestly, whenever I see an evo on the street, I expect at any moment 20 clowns are going to jump out.

    Calling me a retard... ouch, that was mean. Well... you are a poopy-head, so there!

    Sorry to jack this thread guys.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by cmadams4
    Wow, EE1983 guy, pretty defensive about your car, I see this is a sore spot with you.

    Yeah, I was bored, getting you import guys reved up can be very entertaining. I dont' know much about Evos, yeah you got me there, but then I couldn't be bothered to either. That is why I hang out at LS1/F-body forums and not Evo/import forums.

    Then anybody with half a brain (I am assuming you have half a brain) would see the fun in my tempo/evo comparison. I was not comparing performance numbers (obvious), rather styling. The whole look is zzzzzz...snore...zzzzzzz.

    Honestly, whenever I see an evo on the street, I expect at any moment 20 clowns are going to jump out.

    Calling me a retard... ouch, that was mean. Well... you are a poopy-head, so there!

    Sorry to jack this thread guys.
    Im no more defensive than anyone else would be about their car. I think thats fair to say. Like I said before, I dont care if you like them or not, if you hate them, cool.

    As for your witty comparison with the Tempo... you say you were referring to styling.. well no one was talking about styling, we were talking about performance, why would you change the subject and assume we know?

    Clowns jumping out... bro, these desperate attempts of trying to be comical are getting pretty weak. I dont doubt there can be some tools driving EVOs but that could be said for any car, including LS1s. There is obviously no personality prerequisite to own a certain type of car.

    I dont mean to call names, and Ive been called a poopy head before so Im not offended however, I just dont like ignorance and based upon your intial thread response, I had to reply.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •