One fast civic

This is a discussion on One fast civic within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; The first fast one I've run across since I got the ss. It was an early 90s hatchback. When I ...

One fast civic

The first fast one I've run across since I got the ss. It was an early 90s hatchback. When I first saw it I just thought it was stock with some tasteful 15/16in wheels and bright green paint the exhaust looked almost stock. When I went by him it sounded a lot different then stock. I look in my mirror after passing him and his buddy is all egging him on and he looks really disappointed that we didn't run so I pass by my turn to oblige him and wave him on.

The first time he flys by and by the time I hit it he's 4 or 5 cars ahead. Then he slows down I shift into second but he hits it while still a car ahead and pulls on me a bit till I hit third then we run into traffic. Driver's buddy raises his arms and shrugs his shoulders so I pull up and tell him on three. We slow down and I get into second but I want to go slower so I motion him to slow down more and get into first around 3500-4000 rpm. He still has half a car on me when his buddy starts the count down on his fingers on three we nail it i'm still behind half a car. I pull dead even with him when I hit second car bogs down just a bit I still had the ASR on but still even then by third I have him by a nose and by the end of third apporaching traffic going 100 I have him by 3/4 to a car. They were cool about it too we gave each other a nod and thumbs up we had our fun. Definitely the fastest civic I've run across in quite some time and tastefully done. Most of the noise he was making was coming from the motor not some big ass can because he didn't have one. The one he had was much smaller then most you see for show this car was definitely made to go. It's nice to run acorss an import guy that has respect for an american car i'm sick of the whole thumbs down thing or whining about why they can't beat you. I'd like to go one more time with my ASR off from a deadstop I think I could do a little better but still a solid kill for what it was.

After that I blew away another 4.6l mustang, it was way slower then that civic!! They are almost no fun anymore half the time the stangs won't even run me.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Nice...did you hear a turbo from the civic?

No I didn't hear a turbo no BOV or anything like that. Could have had N20 but never saw him purge. Those 90s hatchbacks are light with a highly modded motor they'll do 12s easy without N20 or forced induction. I'm not saying this one was a 12s car though i'd guess 13s but who really knows. I had to ring out pretty good. Normally when i race imports I short shift and let off pretty good. After the first run I knew he was fast so i shifted at redline fast and never got totally out of it. It was every bit as fast as my friends SC S2000.

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Good kill

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Nice kill.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

Yeah they are def. lightweight. Know a guy with one very similar, he did some kind of motor swap.....claims it has about 190 whp, which isnt bad considering it has a raceweight of 2100.

Quote Originally Posted by camarolvr69 View Post
    Yeah they are def. lightweight. Know a guy with one very similar, he did some kind of motor swap.....claims it has about 190 whp, which isnt bad considering it has a raceweight of 2100.
    Yeah and it doesn't take crap to make a 2000lb car go fast. I saw one at a light in my maxima one day I was behind him. A cobra pulls up a NA one not the termi. It's got a nice exhaust and who knows what else he revs his motor and starts jawing at the dude in the civic. Light turns green the cobra smokes the rear tires and the civic just redlines, dumps it and he's gone. I mean gone he wasted that mustang so bad I could barely drive I was laughing so hard. I knew the civc was fast you could tell it was plain white with the smaller exhaust and full roll cage. You could tell by the way it was sitting it was set up to go in a straight line.

All this civic talk has me wanting to do more mods. 410s coming soon!!

Thread Information