Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 camaro

old muscle wanted to play

I was on my way home from getting my N20 bottle filled. I was at a red light and I see a nice red 68 camaro in my rear view. We take off cruisin and he gets in front of me and stops at a red light. We take off again and I get in front of him. He's behind me at another red light. We take off and now he floors it & trys to go around me. As soon as he gets even with my car I sprayed it for 2 seconds & he fell back about a half a car. He didnt want to play after that. This was actually the first time i sprayed with my new converter from a roll. Felt good, but i need a tune.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

yea man old school muscle cant mess with new school..

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    Really?

Nice kill by the threadstarter.

Black
    2002 Formula Firehawk

old muscle is wicked. You never know what might be under them hoods
    Victor
    2000 z28 A4
    2002 Formula Firehawk M6

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Marc87GN View Post
    Really?
    No doubt your GN is wicked fast but does it qualify as old school muscle...now that's the question

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Marc87GN View Post
    Really?

Nice kill by the threadstarter.
    yes refering to stock vs stock..plus 87 isnt old school

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

umm. did it really take the nos to pull on him, or did you just do it for fun

aka would he have won straight up?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i had a similar story a bit ago with a 396 69' SS

Ive noticed that old muscle cars that basically created this hobby of ours were that fast from the factory. Some were, but most of them werent. 15s-16s?

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by 96z28 View Post
    old muscle is wicked. You never know what might be under them hoods
    Well said. A while back i saw a mint looking plymouth superbird DESTROY a terminator cobra. It was a heads up race and the 'bird had seriously like 5+ car on him after like 300 ft. Then the cobra just It was sickkkk fast - i wish i knew what he had.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that's cool that a dude with classica actually raced. most of them can be tight-end, lame asses.

Black
    2002 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    umm. did it really take the nos to pull on him, or did you just do it for fun

aka would he have won straight up?
    Wasent a real race, just playing around plus i wanted to see how the N2o was with my new converter. He probibly would of had me cause my engine is all stock.

I'm not so sure about that. SOme of those old Trans Ams and Camaros from the early to mid 70s were mean machines. The gov't at the time was introducing many power robbing emissions controls. But before those regulations, there was some serious torque and hp on those babys. You must respect the old school!

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by apache View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. SOme of those old Trans Ams and Camaros from the early to mid 70s were mean machines. The gov't at the time was introducing many power robbing emissions controls. But before those regulations, there was some serious torque and hp on those babys. You must respect the old school!
    respect yes i do, but the 4th gens are the fastest trans ams and camaros period. but yes they id pack some serious shit under those hoods

respect yes i do, but the 4th gens are the fastest trans ams and camaros period.
    As for the fourth generation F-Body's being the fastest period, you are sadly mistaken. Have you ever driven in a third generation '89 TTA? Ever driven a '74 Super Duty Trans Am? How about a high winding (up to 7500-RPM, without floating the valves) late 60's Z28 302? What about a Motion Performance inspired (from the factory) Camaro with a guaranteed eleven second pass (or your money was gladly refunded)? To settle such a dispute right here and now, what about the infamous ZL1 Camaro (easy elevens)? These cars ran the numbers that they did while spinning the tires the length of the track. Put a set of slicks on them, and your looking at factory twelve, eleven and TEN second street terrors...

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    As for the fourth generation F-Body's being the fastest period, you are sadly mistaken. Have you ever driven in a third generation '89 TTA? Ever driven a '74 Super Duty Trans Am? How about a high winding (up to 7500-RPM, without floating the valves) late 60's Z28 302? What about a Motion Performance inspired (from the factory) Camaro with a guaranteed eleven second pass (or your money was gladly refunded)? To settle such a dispute right here and now, what about the infamous ZL1 Camaro (easy elevens)? These cars ran the numbers that they did while spinning the tires the length of the track. Put a set of slicks on them, and your looking at factory twelve, eleven and TEN second street terrors...
    ok were any one of those mass produced at the 4th gen levels? i'm not talking about rare ass optioned cars.

98' trans am

ok well i wasn't talking putting slicks, i was refeering to completely stock and i believe that the gmmc zl1 camaros were tested to be faster then the older lz1 but dont hold me to that becuase it could have been the other way around. screw it you win ..besides the 89 tta, 74 sdta, 302 and zl1...the 4th gens are fastest.
    Last edited by shady milkman; 10-08-2006 at 05:29 PM.

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    DAMN STRAIGHT!!!! finally, im glad i saw someone put that down... no one is saying that the new camaros are not incredible machines, but its just that u have absolutly no room to bag on oldschool muscle, not only did it create the hobby we all love so much, but they were for the m,ost part just as fast, if not faster than there modern day counter parts, and thats with technology from 40 years ago... and that deserves some respect.

bright red
    1993 z28 camaro

302's were not that fast mid 14s from what i've seen i cant really speak for the sd 455. the tta was 4th gen level. but those others are too rare to be considered. as far as i remember the new zl1 was a 10 sec car maybe 9 its been a while since i've seen the vid

2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by 69camarokid View Post
    DAMN STRAIGHT!!!! finally, im glad i saw someone put that down... no one is saying that the new camaros are not incredible machines, but its just that u have absolutly no room to bag on oldschool muscle, not only did it create the hobby we all love so much, but they were for the m,ost part just as fast, if not faster than there modern day counter parts, and thats with technology from 40 years ago... and that deserves some respect.

Thread Information