Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Old Man SRT8 300C VS The L.

Yesterday I got my Lightning dynoed to see where my baseline horse power was so on the way back I was on I35 south when an older man passed me in a silver SRT8 300C. He kind of throbbed a little at me but I was on the phone with my buddy telling him about the dyno results. When I got off the phone the 300 was about 3 cars ahead of me. I got into the fast lane and caught up to him. As soon as I was beside him he had a huge grin on his face and gave me the thumbs up.(His car was FREAKIN loud...is the stock exhaust that loud???) So we slowed to about 55mph and I gave him the sign for 3 honks he nodded like he understood so I began honking and on the second honk he punches it. I'm thinking what the F. So I hit it and he just pulls like crazy on me. He lets off and I catch back up. I motion 3 honks WAIT this time... Same thing 2nd honk and he is off. I hit it again but he just kills me. He lets off and I pull up again, I just motioned 3 honks NOT 2!!!! but 3!!!! Finally he understands and we hit it the same time. This was surprisingly a good race. I jump maybe an 1/8 of a car (his front bumper was at my front tire.) Then he starts to pull back on me when we hit 100 his front door is at my front bumper. We stay on it all the way to 120. By then he is probably 1 to one and a half car lengths in front. We let off I get beside him and we give each other the thumbs up and part our separate ways. Pretty cool old guy in my book!

Black
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro View Post
    Yesterday I got my Lightning dynoed to see where my baseline horse power was so on the way back I was on I35 south when an older man passed me in a silver SRT8 300C. He kind of throbbed a little at me but I was on the phone with my buddy telling him about the dyno results. When I got off the phone the 300 was about 3 cars ahead of me. I got into the fast lane and caught up to him. As soon as I was beside him he had a huge grin on his face and gave me the thumbs up.(His car was FREAKIN loud...is the stock exhaust that loud???) So we slowed to about 55mph and I gave him the sign for 3 honks he nodded like he understood so I began honking and on the second honk he punches it. I'm thinking what the F. So I hit it and he just pulls like crazy on me. He lets off and I catch back up. I motion 3 honks WAIT this time... Same thing 2nd honk and he is off. I hit it again but he just kills me. He lets off and I pull up again, I just motioned 3 honks NOT 2!!!! but 3!!!! Finally he understands and we hit it the same time. This was surprisingly a good race. I jump maybe an 1/8 of a car (his front bumper was at my front tire.) Then he starts to pull back on me when we hit 100 his front door is at my front bumper. We stay on it all the way to 120. By then he is probably 1 to one and a half car lengths in front. We let off I get beside him and we give each other the thumbs up and part our separate ways. Pretty cool old guy in my book!
    Do you know the specs on those srt8 motors, and if you dont mind telling what where you numbers after the dyno run.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

nice runs man

Those SRT8's make 425hp and 420 ft lbs of torque, and even with the car weighting over 4200lbs it is still quick. My brothers works for Dodge and let me ride in the car and for it's size it was fast, but the cost of the car is alttle out of my price range.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by jperkins812 View Post
    Those SRT8's make 425hp and 420 ft lbs of torque, and even with the car weighting over 4200lbs it is still quick. My brothers works for Dodge and let me ride in the car and for it's size it was fast, but the cost of the car is alttle out of my price range.
    Yeah, I got spanked by a Charger SRT-8 a few weeks ago...those things are mean >.<

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Yeah, I got spanked by a Charger SRT-8 a few weeks ago...those things are mean >.<
    I wish my brother would have let me drive the car, but he was a dick that day. It is a big, heavy family car with the power to still have fun with on a daily basis.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

it's sorta like a modern day impala SS.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by therel82 View Post
    Do you know the specs on those srt8 motors, and if you dont mind telling what where you numbers after the dyno run.
    Trap speeds as high as 108-110mph. If going from a roll, do it at 70mph - its the bottom of 3rd and sucks for the SRT8. 120mph is about the top of 3rd.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Deuuuce View Post
    Trap speeds as high as 108-110mph. If going from a roll, do it at 70mph - its the bottom of 3rd and sucks for the SRT8. 120mph is about the top of 3rd.
    Good advice!

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Quote Originally Posted by therel82 View Post
    Completely stock truck. Went to Speedtek Performance they have a Dynojet. It put down 350.19 RWHP and 424.31 RWTQ.

Thread Information