Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

NSX Trouble??? UPDATE*

This is a discussion on NSX Trouble??? UPDATE* within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Yes, let's look at what I drive. In 2003 the Lancer Evolution made it's debut in the U.S. The MSRP ...

  1. #21
    Member 4tun8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    485

    Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

    Yes, let's look at what I drive.

    In 2003 the Lancer Evolution made it's debut in the U.S. The MSRP on the Evolution was in the 29,000 range. Find me a better performing car for less money, I challenge you.


    I'll save you the trouble right now. Pound for pound, there are none. Even if you took into consideration the STI, you wouldn't be able to, because the MSRP on the STI was closer to 35k.

    Other then that there's nothing in it's range.

  2. #22
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    Yes, let's look at what I drive.

    In 2003 the Lancer Evolution made it's debut in the U.S. The MSRP on the Evolution was in the 29,000 range. Find me a better performing car for less money, I challenge you.


    I'll save you the trouble right now. Pound for pound, there are none. Even if you took into consideration the STI, you wouldn't be able to, because the MSRP on the STI was closer to 35k.

    Other then that there's nothing in it's range.
    Nobody gets an Evolution for $29K. They sold for around $35K brand new, you're not fooling anybody here.

    Better performing is subjective. I like my cars to go faster than 135MPH and do 5-60MPH faster than 6.5 seconds. I also like them to trap faster than 100MPH in the 1/4 mile, and not break down while doing so. Just based on that alone, I can make you a nice list of much "better performing" cars.

  3. #23
    Member 4tun8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    485

    Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

    I have a 2003, the MSRP on the 2003 was 29k, I believe a few magazines did articles on the best performing cars for under 30k when the Evo came out......guess which car won?

    Performance is very provable my friend. Skid pad, 0-60, 60-0, etc.

    Even the lowly 03 Evolution with it's non-LSD front differential, and heavy sunroof trapped higher then 100mph. 5-60mph is NO problem on the stock turbo it will still do it incredibly fast. I'm sorry that you're a hater, I think you should look at things more like I do. I love all cars, I can see them for what they are, something to have fun with, not something to make my dick feel bigger.

    But I'm still waiting for my list of cars. Stop trying to change the rules to better suit you.

  4. #24
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    I have a 2003, the MSRP on the 2003 was 29k, I believe a few magazines did articles on the best performing cars for under 30k when the Evo came out......guess which car won?

    Performance is very provable my friend. Skid pad, 0-60, 60-0, etc.

    Even the lowly 03 Evolution with it's non-LSD front differential, and heavy sunroof trapped higher then 100mph. 5-60mph is NO problem on the stock turbo it will still do it incredibly fast. I'm sorry that you're a hater, I think you should look at things more like I do. I love all cars, I can see them for what they are, something to have fun with, not something to make my dick feel bigger.

    But I'm still waiting for my list of cars. Stop trying to change the rules to better suit you.

    Change the rules?? What rules?? Evos go for $32-$37K on average. I've never heard of anyone getting one for $29K, because dealers wouldn't let them go for that price. You can claim you only paid 29K all you want, doesn't help if nobody believes you.

    Performance is provable. And your car loses to even a Mustang GT in 5-60MPH and 1/4 mile trap speeds. Want to step it up?? The 03-04 Cobra, for roughly the same price, stomps your car by a full half second and 12MPH in the 1/4 mile, beats it in 0-60 by half a second, and also beats it on the skidpad, where it pulled .90g's. An LS1 F-body also whoops your cars ass in 5-60MPH, 1/4 mile time and trap, and top speed.

    Heres a nice link for you too:

    http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...cs+page-3.html

    Sorry, there is more to performance than just getting from a dead stop to 60 as fast as you can.

  5. #25
    Member 4tun8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    485

    Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Change the rules?? What rules?? Evos go for $32-$37K on average. I've never heard of anyone getting one for $29K, because dealers wouldn't let them go for that price. You can claim you only paid 29K all you want, doesn't help if nobody believes you.
    Yeah, because I've been proven a liar here right? I didn't buy my car for 29k I bought my car for 23,500, but that's besides the point. The MSRP is all I can look at. I won't say for certain if there was, or if there wasn't dealership mark up, I wasn't looking for one nor did I even know the car existed when it came out in late 2003.

    Performance is provable. And your car loses to even a Mustang GT in 5-60MPH and 1/4 mile trap speeds.
    And the Evolution probably beat it in everything else, like skidpad, braking, 0-60, ET, 300 slalom, etc.

    Want to step it up?? The 03-04 Cobra, for roughly the same price, stomps your car by a full half second and 12MPH in the 1/4 mile, beats it in 0-60 by half a second, and also beats it on the skidpad, where it pulled .90g's.
    First, the 03/04 Cobra was no where near the Evolution in price, not even close, not by any stretch of the imagination. Second, .90g in the skid pad is about the lowest number I've ever seen from ANY magazine driving an Evo.

    An LS1 F-body also whoops your cars ass in 5-60MPH, 1/4 mile time and trap, and top speed.
    There were no LS1 F-bodies in 2003.



    Sorry, there is more to performance than just getting from a dead stop to 60 as fast as you can.
    Are you that daft man? The Evolution is one of the best handling cars for under 30K that you can buy period, we've been over this and over this, but I guess we'll take this for one more spin. I swear, you're like an old dog that just doesn't get it. I slap your nose and beat you with the paper but you just keep coming back and doing the same idiotic things.


    Why do you continually try to argue with me? You're only going to end up getting more warnings on your account.

  6. #26
    ls1ftw tigersport14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,035

    NBM
    98 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    They're not straight line cars Wesman, I know it's hard for you to imagine, but there are other forms of racing besides drag racing.
    why were you a dick in the first place?

  7. #27
    Member 4tun8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    485

    Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    why were you a dick in the first place?


    So you're saying that his, and everyone else comments weren't dick comments?


    Nice kill.

    NSX's are ovepriced rice burners. You'd have to be a moron to pay $90,000 for a car with a 290HP V6.
    That's not a dick comment?

  8. #28
    ls1ftw tigersport14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,035

    NBM
    98 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    So you're saying that his, and everyone else comments weren't dick comments?




    That's not a dick comment?
    no, I'm not saying theirs weren't. I'm just asking why you did it in the first place.. i didn't really see any reason for you to be a dick...

  9. #29
    Member 4tun8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    485

    Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

    If that was me being a dick.....wow, it was pretty tame man. Are we really going to be that sensitive around here? I mean if that's the case I'll bring it down a few notches and all will be well.

  10. #30
    Member 180ls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego (Poway)
    Posts
    516
    1998 Firebird Formula WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    If that was me being a dick.....wow, it was pretty tame man. Are we really going to be that sensitive around here? I mean if that's the case I'll bring it down a few notches and all will be well.
    you do not have to defend your car so much, true car enthusiasts know what they can do. you are best just leaving it alone. you gotta remember you are on an ls1 site people will say biased things just because thay want to.

  11. #31
    Member 2-bowties&abird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lancaster,va.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    505

    cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

    who gives a shit its still a fart can. i wouldnt care if it did 5 seconds in a 1/4 i still wouldn't drive one of those shit boxes. so don't think your going to come over here and impress any of us with your little yellow dildo.

  12. #32
    Member 4tun8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    485

    Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

    I never have, and never will try to impress anyone here, just to clear that up. My car isn't an extension of my dick. When someone however, spreads flat out lies, I'm going to step in and say my piece. It's my right, I earned it.

  13. #33
    Member fxgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Camp Hill, Pa
    Posts
    719

    Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    A Corvette will hand an NSX its ass in the corners, beat it in the straights, and look better while doing it. All for half the price. The NSX is overpriced garbage.
    Been there, done it................................................ .......


  14. #34
    Member blackls1ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    kittanning,pa
    Age
    41
    Posts
    516

    black
    2000 ws.6 m6

    yeah this is ls1 territory be nice or get lost

  15. #35
    Senior Member KyleLs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    3,534

    NBM
    99 TA

    Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    I never have, and never will try to impress anyone here, just to clear that up. My car isn't an extension of my dick. When someone however, spreads flat out lies, I'm going to step in and say my piece. It's my right, I earned it.
    Its half fact and half opinion.

    It is a Fact that NSX's are overpriced for what they are (not saying they aren't cool cars and handle great, but there is MUCH more car for the money available)

    It is my Opinion, that EVO's are ugly as fuck. I don't care how fast or great they are, they could have 500hp stock... Still an ugly 4 door car (in my opinion)

    No one here is saying you are not welcome to post here cuz you drive an EVO... but you have to understand you are on an LS1 board, don't expect people not to defend the vehicle they are passionate about, just like you are posting defending the EVO.

    Not trying to start anything, just laying out my opinion.

  16. #36
    Member 4tun8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    485

    Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by 180ls1 View Post
    you do not have to defend your car so much, true car enthusiasts know what they can do. you are best just leaving it alone. you gotta remember you are on an ls1 site people will say biased things just because thay want to.
    Ok and where in the rules of this site does it say that I'm not allowed to defend my own car? As a matter of fact, as per the normal, I was not the one who brought my car into the conversation. You won't find me calling LS1 cars garbage, or mullet mobiles, or gas guzzlers, or anything else. Do I really like LS1 cars? Not really, aside from the Corvette they are ugly, plastic looking pieces of shit, but I absolutely LOVE the lsX series of motors and think it was one of the best motors ever produced.

    I wont sit here and try to tell someone who OBVIOUSLY loves these cars those feelings though, because they're just my opinions and to that person, it's not going to matter.

    You all can sit here and say "ricer this, and ricer that" but in the long run it's because of guys like me that you're really pissed. It's the guys that half a milk carton of displacement and a HUGE turbo that really piss the "rice haters" off. Being that I race frequently on both the strip and street I know this, because I've seen it with my own two eyes.

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    847

    Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    Ok and where in the rules of this site does it say that I'm not allowed to defend my own car? As a matter of fact, as per the normal, I was not the one who brought my car into the conversation. You won't find me calling LS1 cars garbage, or mullet mobiles, or gas guzzlers, or anything else. Do I really like LS1 cars? Not really, aside from the Corvette they are ugly, plastic looking pieces of shit, but I absolutely LOVE the lsX series of motors and think it was one of the best motors ever produced.

    I wont sit here and try to tell someone who OBVIOUSLY loves these cars those feelings though, because they're just my opinions and to that person, it's not going to matter.

    You all can sit here and say "ricer this, and ricer that" but in the long run it's because of guys like me that you're really pissed. It's the guys that half a milk carton of displacement and a HUGE turbo that really piss the "rice haters" off. Being that I race frequently on both the strip and street I know this, because I've seen it with my own two eyes.

    Gas guzzlers? Evos have the same rated MPG as my V8 Trans am.

    I can see your point, but dude youre starting to over react, Youre just a guy on the internet like every one else in here, and I do think that youre wasting your time by replying angry. but hey I'm no one to tell you what to do, keep it up,

    *Grabs some popcorn*

  18. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    12

    Black
    1999 Ram Air Trans Am

    You all can sit here and say "ricer this, and ricer that" but in the long run it's because of guys like me that you're really pissed. It's the guys that half a milk carton of displacement and a HUGE turbo that really piss the "rice haters" off. Being that I race frequently on both the strip and street I know this, because I've seen it with my own two eyes.
    And that's where you're dead wrong. Almost everyone can appreciate a ride with a "HUGE" turbo, especiallly if it's the owner that's spent their evenings/weekends/every spare minute working on the car. It's the attitude. I remember being a punk, but it's different now. The lack of respect is incredible. "Ricer" is really synonymous with "disrespectful punk", not necessarily with driving an import, at least around my neck of the woods. Remember, there are A LOT of people out there that are much faster and are much more humble.
    Last edited by mrr23; 05-17-2008 at 05:42 AM. Reason: fixed quote

  19. #39
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    I have a 2003, the MSRP on the 2003 was 29k, I believe a few magazines did articles on the best performing cars for under 30k when the Evo came out......guess which car won?
    Stop all that MSRP list price crap. How much were they really going for at the dealers? Definitely not $29k. Evo's are sold for above $30k.

    Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    Do I really like LS1 cars? Not really, aside from the Corvette they are ugly, plastic looking pieces of shit, but I absolutely LOVE the lsX series of motors and think it was one of the best motors ever produced.
    Your definitely entitled to your opinion, but I am to mine, and I think the Evo's are some funny looking little cars, especially the (cough, cough) loud colors like yellow. I do not like them AT ALL. I think the WRX's look 20x better...in my opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    Been there, done it................................................ .......

    Click for full size
    I still can't believe you sold your Grand Sport for an F-body
    Last edited by N20LT4; 05-16-2008 at 07:56 PM.

  20. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    columbus, ohio
    Posts
    90

    black
    1999 T/A

    I like Evos. i really do. 4g63 great motor. but for you to say that an f body is an ugly car i find hard to believe. long hood, sleek body, almost classic sports car lines. Besides what's an Evo besides a hopped up 4 door economy car with a big carbon fiber boy racer wing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Super Bowl is in trouble. Big trouble.
    By 5.0THIS in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 02-02-2015, 06:20 AM
  2. Update on the TA!
    By TmaxicanA in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 06:43 PM
  3. Trouble In Marineland - Trouble Shooting
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 03:30 AM
  4. lil update on my car
    By chevy1966 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 12:12 AM
  5. Update on the car...
    By TARZAN in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-22-2006, 09:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •