Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

NOW I HEARD IT ALL(damn stang owners)

This is a discussion on NOW I HEARD IT ALL(damn stang owners) within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by secondgearscratch wait a minute...... people actually stroke v6's. Mustang or not, that is Well gm did it ...

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    wait a minute......people actually stroke v6's. Mustang or not, that is

Well gm did it factory. 2.8 to a 3.1. So i guess your calling gm gay?

Black
    1999 Mustang GT

Dude, hes a ricer im sorry.

Not a Mustang owner.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Toyota h8r View Post
    Well gm did it factory. 2.8 to a 3.1. So i guess your calling gm gay?
    what car????

and yeah i am calling GM gay if they did this.... i think they have better things to do like buying ford and putting a bowtie on the mustang.....

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

There are two ways to increase displacement using the same block and the same number of cylinders: Bore the cylinders, or add stroke. It is a very common thing as engines evolve for a company (such as GM) to do one or both in order to achieve more displacement.

lol what did u expect, tranny shops are chok full of retards

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    There are two ways to increase displacement using the same block and the same number of cylinders: Bore the cylinders, or add stroke. It is a very common thing as engines evolve for a company (such as GM) to do one or both in order to achieve more displacement.
    thank you for that history lesson on increasing displacement. not too sound like a dick, but i knew that. what i asked was what car he is referring to. i know this happens in general, but if im calling GM gay i want to know what over.

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

thank you for that history lesson on increasing displacement. not too sound like a dick, but i knew that. what i asked was what car he is referring to. i know this happens in general, but if im calling GM gay i want to know what over.
    I meant to type they were stroked from factory.
    Well the 2.8 camaro was stroked out to the 3.1.
    The early grand prix 2.8 stroked to 3.1
    Also, the 2.8 was also bored and stroked to a 3.4 for a lot of cars, camaros, fwd gm's.
    Last edited by Toyota h8r; 04-02-2007 at 11:19 AM. Reason: spelling

Pewter
    2000 z28

you know what i cant figure out??? why we all are still talking about this shit!!!!! the guy who said this is a moron, and the OP is a moron IF he believed this malarky. this always sparks a debate over who will win. here, ill make it easy....
    the honda will win.....

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

thank you for that history lesson on increasing displacement.
    You're most welcome, though it is more shop or science vice history.

not too sound like a dick, but i knew that.
    Sorry. Bad assumption on my part.

what i asked was what car he is referring to. i know this happens in general, but if im calling GM gay i want to know what over.
    All car makers do it..."in general".

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    You're most welcome, though it is more shop or science vice history.

Sorry. Bad assumption on my part.

All car makers do it..."in general".

let me clarify what ive been trying to put across. who would stroke a v6? if you had a 6 cylinder stang or camaro, can you in all honesty say that you would stroke it? there would be no benefit. it would cost double to get it into any real power and then it may be even with the base 8 cylinder option in these vehicles. i looked at what i posted and i came off ignorant in both ways and this was not my intention. i know that factories do this. the 302 and the 351 are the same basic block for example. i know all of that. but im asking, who would stroke THEIR domestic v6? it makes absoluteley no sense. and please no "i would do it to be different". like i said in another thread, you can get your cock pierced if you wanna be different.....

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

Cool

let me clarify what ive been trying to put across. who would stroke a v6? if you had a 6 cylinder stang or camaro, can you in all honesty say that you would stroke it? there would be no benefit. it would cost double to get it into any real power and then it may be even with the base 8 cylinder option in these vehicles. i looked at what i posted and i came off ignorant in both ways and this was not my intention. i know that factories do this. the 302 and the 351 are the same basic block for example. i know all of that. but im asking, who would stroke THEIR domestic v6? it makes absoluteley no sense. and please no "i would do it to be different". like i said in another thread, you can get your cock pierced if you wanna be different.....
    Well i would it here and argue, but im not getting a warning or what not. So how bout this.....lets agree to disagree and call it a day.!
    Last edited by Toyota h8r; 04-02-2007 at 02:38 PM. Reason: ss

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Toyota h8r View Post
    Well i would it here and argue, but im not getting a warning or what not. So how bout this.....lets agree to disagree and call it a day.!
    i have no idea what youre talking about. what do you wanna argue about? there is nothing. youre telling me that you would rather have a 6cyl camaro and dump money into it with getting a crank, getting it bored, adding a bunch of other shit instead of just buying a v8 platform. you wanna argue, go ahead. i wasnt clarifying it for you btw, because this is all common sense. their must be a reason youre on LS1.com. i dont think its because you have a stroked v6.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

let me clarify what ive been trying to put across. who would stroke a v6? if you had a 6 cylinder stang or camaro, can you in all honesty say that you would stroke it?
    Would I? No. Do some? Probably - though very rare and only (yes, I'm going to say it) to be different. Or perhaps for certain racing clases.

there would be no benefit.
    There is benefit, but not enough for the vast majority to justify cost vs gain.

it would cost double to get it into any real power and then it may be even with the base 8 cylinder option in these vehicles. i looked at what i posted and i came off ignorant in both ways and this was not my intention. i know that factories do this. the 302 and the 351 are the same basic block for example. i know all of that.
    Correct - though to be more correct, the 351 has a taller deck height than a 302, so the blocks themselves are not interchangeable (ie...you can't bore/stroke a 302 to get a 351 its a different block, but it is possible to do that with a GM 305 and get a 350, as an example).

but im asking, who would stroke THEIR domestic v6? it makes absoluteley no sense. and please no "i would do it to be different". like i said in another thread, you can get your cock pierced if you wanna be different.....
    Commented on above.

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

i have no idea what youre talking about. what do you wanna argue about? there is nothing. youre telling me that you would rather have a 6cyl camaro and dump money into it with getting a crank, getting it bored, adding a bunch of other shit instead of just buying a v8 platform. you wanna argue, go ahead. i wasnt clarifying it for you btw, because this is all common sense. their must be a reason youre on LS1.com. i dont think its because you have a stroked v6.
    I just stated that camaros were stroked. I would never want a 3.1 turbo'd camaro. The reason why im here on ls1.com is im pickin a 93 t/a up in a few days and the lt1 forum is pretty nice.

Holy shit kid, you have a bad attitude almost all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post

Those SVO's can be made decently fast for cheap. 12s are easy to get out of those.
    Ive never seen one. And Ill bet its cuz they are so fucking ugly.

Id like to see one though. I dont have the slightest clue what theyd sound like nor know how reliable theyd be.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    Holy shit kid, you have a bad attitude almost all the time.
    holy shit....now youre following me. you really dont make any sense. why dont you read the posts following up to whatever i say. and whats the bad attitude? its called sarcasm usually, and most people pick up on it....

holy shit....now youre following me. you really dont make any sense. why dont you read the posts following up to whatever i say. and whats the bad attitude? its called sarcasm usually, and most people pick up on it....

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    It is funny what some people say when they are trying to sound like they have a fast car. One guy I knew in highschool said he had a special edition Chrysler Lebaron and it went 200 mph and could beat Porshes and Lambos. I was only 15, but I knew he was either gulible or a liar.
    Sounds like some of the chevy guys here !

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

That stang owner must have been smoking some shit. Probably just a stock v6 with N2O.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information