Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nothing to brag about but......

This is a discussion on Nothing to brag about but...... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; hahaha, you guys don't need to get me started. I have all types trying to race me. I think the ...

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

hahaha, you guys don't need to get me started. I have all types trying to race me. I think the worst was an intrepid hahaha. I get bored easily because I don't have much competition. I did see a turbo'ed magnum the other night when I was waxing my girls car. I wanna catch him(or her) in my SS and see what that turbo's about. It might get ugly, they've got a turbo'ed 5.7hemi. from what I've seen out of turbos lately is that they're not worth much until third gear and by then it all may be over for them.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

I used to live in tallahassee, driving up thru perry I got a redneck with a beer holding bastball helmet and a bed FULL of bricks (his rear suspesion was totally maxed out) trying to race me. Funniest damn thing I have ever seen!!

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Well......I've learned that you got to really know what you're dealing with when it comes to trucks......95% of them wont come close but there are those out there that will absolutely kill a stock SS, LS1, hell....a lot of cars....my nephew has a S-10 that we put a 454 in that will absolutley haul!!! He's taken quite a bit of money from unsuspecting f-bodies.....

Always a faster car/truck out there somewhere....

Midnight Blue
    2001 Z28 Camaro

Yea most of these people in V8 trucks/ SUVs think they have the power to run with most sports cars. Just a couple days ago I was at a light with 3 lanes, and the one on the right ends a couple hundred feet ahead, I'm in the middle and this guy in a 90s Blazer tries to hammer it past me, let him get about a car in front and then blew by him. We caught another light together couple miles down the road and he says, "Wow that thing has some get-up-and-go".
    Now those lightnings and srt10 rams and such are badass though, if I ever need a truck in the future I'll definitely be looking into buying something like them.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    Well......I've learned that you got to really know what you're dealing with when it comes to trucks......95% of them wont come close but there are those out there that will absolutely kill a stock SS, LS1, hell....a lot of cars....my nephew has a S-10 that we put a 454 in that will absolutley haul!!! He's taken quite a bit of money from unsuspecting f-bodies.....

Always a faster car/truck out there somewhere....
    I know a guy with a 95 or so 4cyl eclipse who can blow most of our doors off right now, as long as we're stock though. Its actually the fastest thing I've been in! I mean he doesn't just pull, he blows the doors off. Definitely not from a dig, but his 3rd gear?*? OUCH! only front wheel drive too!
    Last edited by 7camaro7; 10-04-2006 at 08:16 AM. Reason: correction

Member A~NICE~CAR~IS~A~NICE~CAR's Avatar

Rally Red/race stripes
    2002 Super Sport

any thing with forced air induction ?SHOULD? BE FAST

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I don't completely think so. I think you've got to have supporting mods and that makes the difference! fast is relative and depends on what any certain person calls fast. I can imagine some of these cars with blowers around here and they wouldn't be fast as me, at least that's what I think.

Member A~NICE~CAR~IS~A~NICE~CAR's Avatar

Rally Red/race stripes
    2002 Super Sport

hence the italics???????

black
    04 silverado

Ford are great and all, but isn't this a GM website

P.S. Bad ass truck for a Ford

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

I got a good truck story. I was out in the LS-1 back before I had to many mods done (i think all i had was lid, loudmouth, wheels, and stripes at that point) and im out on this country road heading towards the highway when this ass wipe in a lifted f-150 (79 if im not mistaken) comes plowing up on my ass... so i nail the throttle a lil bit to get away from him and get him outta my bubble. He keeps with me until i get to the highway and every once and awhile i see his buddy yelling yee haw and things of that nature... they were eyeing up my ex g/f who was in the passenger seat at the time... so... we get to the highway and i decide, fuck this asshole, im loosing him before he hits me staring at my g/f. So i nail it coming out on the highway, get sideways and take off... i get way on up the road, think hes gone and i settle down about 70 in the slow lane... not even a minute later here he comes... he dose a ricer flyby on me and then brake checks me (seems to be a theme with assholes and me) so I get up next to him to pass him and he starts to accel to keep up... i see him look over and down at my g/f (who was wearing a pretty revealing skirt) and he yells... "hey honey, real men drive trucks, why dont you get in my bed?" she flicks him off... at this point were doing a good 90 (his top speed i take it) so i lay into it even harder and pulled on his ass like he was standing still... i let out around 130 and he never had the balls to get next to me again. I ran into the kid at a gas station a few days later and he had the nerve to ask me what i was running in that thing... to which i ofcourse replied...its stock, ya know...kinda like your jacked up truck Theres tons of them in this town though, and they never ever learn... i dont get it lol

Pewter
    2002 SS Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    Every get tired of rednecks in pick-up trucks with fast motors for a truck, thinking they can beat an ss ? or other sports cars, Going home today i got behind a slow car passed him and look up and some guy in a truck passes the car also and runs up to my bumper. Truck was mid-size no doubt he had a big ole country boy v-8 that he thought was the bomb. i has cruising about 85 mph when he got behind me. We come around a slight curve and had about a mile straight ahead. i thought i cant believe he's going to try this. I kicked the
    "Bandit" in and half way through the straight she hit 120 mph. Truck man was left behind like he was sitting still. I had a 4-way stop sign coming up so i cooled my little black baby down. i know its nothing to brag about but if u going to race buy a sports car !

I hear ya. The only fuckers that want to race me are PU and SUV owners. Find my thread here regarding my last race with a Turbo Diesel Chevy PU. The S.O.B. threatened to kill me and my entire family because his truck got owned. Oh, and he screamed that he didn't care if he went to jail after doing this. Crazies are everywhere. The sad part is that he was the one who kept fucking with me, got wipped, and then got mad as hell about it. I yelled to him that whatever meds he was currently on, he needs to double the dosage or else fire his Psychiatrist. That's when he took off. I let his insane ass go his way. Later on, up the road, I pulled up beside him and the pussy wouldn't even look my way. Later in the week I ran across his truck again and he wouldn't get within a block of my car in traffic.

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

SHIT MY 73 P/U WAS SPORTING A BUILT 454 BBC- 11.5 compression-.625 in lift comp roller cam.. EDELBROCK RPM PERFORMER HEADS-PORTED WITH VICTOR JUNIOR INTAKE 850 CFC DEMON,( i told people it had 500 hp---but i knew it had almost 600 hp by 7500 rpm)T-400 WITH 3800 RPM STALL, FULL BACK HALF, WITH LADDER BARS..MUCHO MUCHO WEIGHT REDUCTION..... I WOULD GET RAPED OFF THE LINE BY F-BODS AND VETTES----THEN BY ABOUT 80 MPH ID FLY BY (MOST) OF THE TIME,,STILL SIDEWAYS, trucks with built motors are dangerously hard to keep traction while wot-

Pewter
    2002 SS Camaro M6

I hear ya about the rear being too light. For sure, trucks and SUVs can be as fast or faster than a F-Body with enough money but that's true of any vehicle. Your truck sounds kick-ass and I'm envious. I just wish that my 2000 F-150 was like that. One day...

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

But An Old School Truck That Was Built For Racing Cant Compare To A Turbo Silverado---my Friend Has One And He Swears He Has 500 + Worth Of Tq---but Even With All Of That, Plain And Simple Its No Faster Than My Moms Stock Gti 1.8 T-----

In A Jesus Christ pose.... on the banks of the Thames with Ratty and Mole.

hunter Green
    92 Camaro RS 350 Special

what it all comes down to is money. Money = Speed. whoever has more wallet has more speed plain and simple i dont care who ya are

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

i got a bud with a '93 (i think) chevy single cab short bed. he has a built 350, reworked m5 and of course the rear end to boot. his dyno showed 435 rwhp, n/a. he only runs like a 8 flat at the 1/8th mile but that m/f is spinning crazy style!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information