Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

NOTAKILL...Porsche none the less

This is a discussion on NOTAKILL...Porsche none the less within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN what if next to the Lambo is a kid in a Turbo LS1 just itching to ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6 T-Top

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    what if next to the Lambo is a kid in a Turbo LS1 just itching to kill a Bull...
    That's what I'm talking about! But, I don't think I want to spend $5,000 for the one in a million chance a Lamborghini wants to run me.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by patricksd View Post
    That's what I'm talking about! But, I don't think I want to spend $5,000 for the one in a million chance a Lamborghini wants to run me.
    LOL... yeah... but lets say that you already have one BAAD LS1...just cause you wanted it that way...and you have that one in a million chance... I think you'd take it...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6 T-Top

LOL... yeah... but lets say that you already have one BAAD LS1...just cause you wanted it that way...and you have that one in a million chance... I think you'd take it...
    Oh, I'd most definitely take it. After that Cayman S called me out (he initiated the race) I wanted more of that rush. That's why LT's and a custom tune are being done this weekend. Then it will be followed by a Moser 9" and a nasty cam

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Oh, I'd most definitely take it. After that Cayman S called me out (he initiated the race) I wanted more of that rush. That's why LT's and a custom tune are being done this weekend. Then it will be followed by a Moser 9" and a nasty cam
    I'm gonna go LOW...but not slow...with some Eibachs...and such... as my next mod... cause I'm trying to mix in...every sort of MOD at the same time... Performance/Looks/handling...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6 T-Top

I'm gonna go LOW...but not slow...with some Eibachs...and such... as my next mod... cause I'm trying to mix in...every sort of MOD at the same time... Performance/Looks/handling...
    I bought this car with Hotchkis springs and 18" Z06 rims on it and I hate it. The ride sucks, the larger rims create a harsh ride, and I scrape over everything.

I want to put the stock springs back on it, some TT2's, and some nice sticky tires lol.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

I bought this car with Hotchkis springs and 18" Z06 rims on it and I hate it. The ride sucks, the larger rims create a harsh ride, and I scrape over everything.

I want to put the stock springs back on it, some TT2's, and some nice sticky tires lol.
    LOL... I'd love some Z06 rims... and I'm only gonna lower it by 1inch... so it wont be that bad... I have on my Z28... TRANS AM... rims... cause that's the way I bought it...with a Set of V6 springs in the back...(good for traction off the line...not good for anything else)... in the end...I want the car to handle with the best of them...and later on... be amonst the fastest of Puerto Rico...(a long term proyect... definetly)

Blue
    99 Z28

I think most Porsches are over-rated, though there are some quick ones.
    And since you guys are talking about wheels/suspension, I have 17in ZO6 wheels, and I want to get some Koni SA shocks for performance, but I think I'll keep stock springs, I don't want to lower it any. I think the ride should still be comfortable like that.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by cavpat View Post
    I think most Porsches are over-rated, though there are some quick ones.
    And since you guys are talking about wheels/suspension, I have 17in ZO6 wheels, and I want to get some Koni SA shocks for performance, but I think I'll keep stock springs, I don't want to lower it any. I think the ride should still be comfortable like that.
    yeah...it should remain comfy for daily driving...I'm changing my springs because I have to... not because I want to...replacement Stockers here for the rear only cost $160 each... I can get the whole Eibach kit for under $250....for all 4 corners

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

My car is lowered I dont have too many problems other then one of my exhaust brakets have a bolt the is kinda long and it scrapes whe nim not careful. Its not too bad and i did notice i could take turns much fast lowered i like the performacne gain.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    My car is lowered I dont have too many problems other then one of my exhaust brakets have a bolt the is kinda long and it scrapes whe nim not careful. Its not too bad and i did notice i could take turns much fast lowered i like the performacne gain.
    sounds pretty good... around here there's barely any straight road(that's not Highway) ...so I'll enjoy the turns more...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Not to mention i dont know if you looked under your hood and saw how far back our motors are giving a low center of gravity already, lowering make the ride a little more bumpy but alot more grip and go on turns and coming off turns.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Not to mention i dont know if you looked under your hood and saw how far back our motors are giving a low center of gravity already, lowering make the ride a little more bumpy but alot more grip and go on turns and coming off turns.
    I'm young still... the Bumpiness will only be a massage... when I get older I'll start to worry about it...hehe... btw... I'm gonna use KYB's with them for a while... Will they mess up the springs at all?...I mean everyone has told me to use Koni's with the new springs...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I dont really know

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I'm running KYB AGX shocks with the pro-kit and I don't have any problem with them. I also keep my tires on the firm side so the big cracks and bumps in the road can be a little rough, but I think the ride is smooth on normal roads. It rides smoother than my 79 Vette that's stock.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I'm running KYB AGX shocks with the pro-kit and I don't have any problem with them. I also keep my tires on the firm side so the big cracks and bumps in the road can be a little rough, but I think the ride is smooth on normal roads. It rides smoother than my 79 Vette that's stock.
    KYB AGX... adjustable? or what?...

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

KYB AGX... adjustable? or what?...
    They have 8 different settings on them. They don't work to bad for the price.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

They have 8 different settings on them. They don't work to bad for the price.
    I got about a $200 budget for the Front Shocks... so question is... how affordable are they... LOL

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I think they were around 90 each. I put mine on a couple of years ago so I don't remember the exact price.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

I think they were around 90 each. I put mine on a couple of years ago so I don't remember the exact price.
    k thanks...

slowly working my way up Chicago Camaro's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 Camaro

Wink

[QUOTE=cavpat;853200]I think most Porsches are over-rated, though there are some quick ones.
    .....QUOTE]

I went heads up against a carrera coming out of a toll booth, kinda felt like sonny at the toll booth from godfather after that

I was tailing him for awhile, but the guy started weaving thru traffic like a maniac, so I let him go.

Yes it's true, when your spending money on a car like that, you're expecting results. Where as with our cars, we have to work our way up there.

It's remarkable that a straight six can produce around 239hp, and with the turbo all wheel drive, boom! It's a shame you gotta dip into the pocket book for that much.

Once I finish all my mods, my car would gladly eat that carrera for brekfast, but for now, my car has to stare at the carrera insignia.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information