Not really a kill story but.... (Vegas)

This is a discussion on Not really a kill story but.... (Vegas) within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Going east on flamingo the other day into work. Riding my VFR (800cc sport/touring bike) just cruising along at 50mph ...

bigslacker666

Not really a kill story but.... (Vegas)

Going east on flamingo the other day into work. Riding my VFR (800cc sport/touring bike) just cruising along at 50mph or so. I see what I'm pretty sure was a red ls1 camaro in the left lane start accelerating quick. My race gene kicked in, thought he was trying to suprise me or just wanted to play. I was in 3rd at about 5500 RPM or so, that is cruising gear, not into the powerband. Just as he was pulling up to my back tire I got into it and away I went. Pulled just enough to let him know then got on the brakes.

Now I'm not sure what the deal was at this point. He went by looking at me and waving his finger. (Not the middle one.) Then got in front of me and waved??? Maybe he was saying he wasn't racing and he waved because I let him in? But I'll be damned if he wasn't on it when he came up on me.

Anyway, traffic cleared a little and he hit the gas. Little bit of black smoke from the pipes and he took off, pretty quick too. If I'm ever dumb enough to buy another sports car I know what it'll be. Now how much are those ls1 trans-am's going for?

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

I will go up against a street bike, i know i will loose but its always fun to see them things take off.

Pewter
    02' Z28 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by FantaZGuy28
    I will go up against a street bike, i know i will loose but its always fun to see them things take off.
    me too. They must have the racing gene bad.

bigjay
    ive run itno a few street bikes, most will hand you your @$$ but youde be surprised how many cant really ride the bike they have and you can get them in stop light to stop light

bigslacker666
    Yup, you can usually identify them. Guys in their early to mid 20's on a 1000cc bike wearing shorts and a wifebeater. They know how to wheelie but can't slip the clutch to launch or take a corner to save their lives. We call 'em squids, when they wreck all that is left is a helmet and some danglies.

The current crop of 600cc bikes are all capable of mid 10's, the 1000's high 9's, all bone stock. But those are the best times for a day at the track with guys who do nothing but test bikes for a living. A lot of guys (specially squids on liter bikes) have problems launching from a stoplight. Either they can't keep the front wheel down or are scared and bog. A 12 sec car that hooks up quick can certainly win stoplight races against this type of rider.

bigjay
    squids.. thats gross!, i taught myself how to wheelie and how to do a stoppie just to do it, then i never did either again, i was more concerned with laucnhing and getting times from my bike ( before the dumb broad in a scion took me and my 2 wheeled pal out). those are the guys who but a hayabusa as a first bike..lol.. hope you have life insurance

Thread Information