Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Not my kill but still a good race

This is a discussion on Not my kill but still a good race within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by riceslayer302 the only mustangs i like are the foxes and the 03-04 cobras, and ill agree, foxes ...

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Quote Originally Posted by riceslayer302 View Post
    the only mustangs i like are the foxes and the 03-04 cobras, and ill agree, foxes are ugly, but they are fuckin bad ass little cars especially for their time, you cant deny them that.

+1 on the 03-04 cobra vs. 98-02 or even 93-97 T/A

an 04 cobra is nice, but to anybody that doesnt know cars, its just another mustang
    Well put. I like the 03 04 snakes when they have the right mods and stance, i don't like any other '70 or newer mustangs tho.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    the 4.6 cant be stroked to a 351 LOL not even a 5.0 block can be stroked to a 351..........
    Sorry i didnt know you can make a 4.6 or even the 302 a stroker, i just assumed Ford would be smart enough to allow strokeing since they make such small v8s. I guess ford buyer like limited modifcations.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

yeah we love limited modifications, the more limited the better. In fact we dont even have an aftermarket, we make our own parts in our garages........

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Perhaps that why GTs are so slow but sound so nice.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

exactly, Cobras too......

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

03 04 cobras are fast, only because the have a S/C, the mach 1 is the same motor with higher compression and i can take those so dont talk up the cobra like its some gift from god. The are fast cars but without the S/C your nothing, if the LS1 came S/C with lower compression it would walk a cobra stock for stock. When it all comes down to it if your talking what the motors can do then the ls1 being a 350 can make more power than your 4.6. But stock for stock yes you are faster. That doesnt make you any less of a Douche bag.

white
    1990 Mustang GT

i agree with guru, without the s/c the dohc 4.6 is a sad little pos.

i converted from ford b/c they suck, the new mustangs are puss, till ford makes a good engine im cutting them off and sticking with LSx

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

are you guys for real?so you guys are saying the cobra is only fast because of the engine it comes with? ok that makes sense. Thats like me saying, "the LS1 is only fast because its 5.7liters" "the LS1 is only fast because it has decent flowing heads" "the LS1 F-Bodies are only fast because of its aerodynamic advantage" "the LS1 is only fast............" stop making excuses. Its wierd how the tables have turned, back when i owned an 1996 LT1 Camaro , LS1 F-Body owners were walking around like they had the greatest thing in the world (in a way they were,the design is much better than the first gen SBC) but now, theyre outmatched (im speaking in general, obviously there are a lot of fast LS1's that can beat modded/heavily modded Cobras,shit theres some 4cylinders out there that are faster than you and me). Just mod your car and quit crying already sheesh.i never said Cobras were the best in the world either. Seems like the word "cobra" makes some of you guys sensitive,didnt mean to step on your ovaries.cobra cobra cobra...........

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

All were saying is for a supercharged v8 it still isnt makking that much power. If i were to put 6psi on my car it would make 440 right there. Or how about the ls7 makes 505 and you new cobra motor with a 5.3liter S/C only making 500. Ford just makes shitty motors.

Now GM is superchargeing the vette and making 150 more hp than fords superchaged v8.

Between the viper and the vette ford cant keep up.

Its not like saying the ls1 is only good cause its a 5.7, if your gonna have a car for racing why dont you start with a good motor and then add a supercharger the results will be better if you have a bigger, better design motor all were saying is the 4.6liter is a piece of shit.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 07-17-2007 at 02:13 PM.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    If i were to put 6psi on my car it would make 440 right there........
    shut up with all this "if" talk and just go and do it then. Yeah, the 4.6 is so shitty ok while you're at it turn up the boost to 17psi with youre "superior" engine and have fun collecting the pieces of hyper pistons and powdered metal rods. we dont live in a hypothetical world, we live in reality,and the reality is the "shitty" 4.6 makes (and reliably stays together) incredible power. Look at what the Supra guys do with 3.0 LITERS and ONLY 6 Cylinders. Massive displacement isnt always needed. You act like the 346 cubic inch LS1 is a big engine,its only 5.7 liters! does that make my 68' Galaxie better because its got a 533cid stroker (@700HP, what is that, like an 8.7?)? NO! all that matters is the end result: horsepower! (in relation to the weight of the car of course)

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Between the horid grammar/spelling and the general (virtually complete) ignorance in this thread, it is really hard to follow what is going on here. But lets give it a try....

1) Chances of a 99 GT street car having a "stroked 351" are virtually nil.
    2) The 302 (5.0) and 4.6 modular can both be stroked. They simply can't be stroked to make 351 cid.
    3) Mr T/A....I highly recommend edumacating yourself on the N/A 4V - beyond what you read from other teenagers on this Forum. It may be enlightening (then again, I've been wrong before).
    4) "If" is just like a dyno, in that it doesn't go down the street, nor down the track. "If" is for your high school locker room discussions.
    5) GM *may* indeed supercharge a version of the LSx to put in the Vette. If they do, it is quite likely that it will make more HP than the current 330 cid blown modular in the GT500. Of course, when/if that happens, we have no idea what Ford will up the HP to. Perhaps you do? Even so, it doesn't help make your car any faster, nor your cousin's girlfriend's wife's brother's mom's car look any better.
    6) The car you rode in didn't pull the front tires - on the street - when it went into 2nd gear (unless it is a low-rider with hydraulic shocks, bouncing up and down the road....which is possible). I'm sure you thought it did, though.
    7) What does "tires werent prestaged" mean? Did that stoplight have staging beams?
    8) 12.7 with 352 RWHP in a fox body is pitiful.
    9) Looks are subjective - completely and totally subjective.
    10) And finally, Mr Guru, it must really suck to be outrun by cars with such "shitty motors".

Wait...let me guess...you've never been beat by a Mustang with equal mods? Have you ever been to a race track?

Quote Originally Posted by chevyss1234 View Post
    hey i hate askin this but whats a stand alone fuel management system, i feel stupid askin but hey...
    Not stupid at all. A stand alone fuel management system (more correctly known as an Engine Management System) completely replaces the stock EFI in a car (including the computer, wiring harness, sensors, etc). They are typically quite expensive and rather difficult to setup, but allow much more flexibility for tuning, modifications, etc. These types of setups are much more common on race cars than street cars.

Now there are Fuel Management Systems that piggy-back off the stock EFI, but they are not really "stand alone". For example, the "FMU" (Fuel Management Unit) was a big deal about 10-15 years ago when centrifugal blowers were all the rage in Mustangland.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I never said i havent been beat by a mustang or that the cobra isnt a fast car, and no i ahve never lost to cobra that wasnt supercharged and i have raced plenty of full bolt on cobras. I have been to the track my best time was a 12.87.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

"Full bolt-on" n/a Cobras have run as quick as mid 11s. Mild bolt-on, DR'd Cobras quite often go mid 12s, and some have gone into the low 12s - even with the IRS.

But you've never been beat by one. Congrats.

Red
    06 GTO

wow this went from a kill story to a ford vs chevy duel. This is a argument that is done everyday, both sides have reasons and arguments, if you feel the need to keep arguing about it, why not make a new thread.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I know and im tired of doing it lol, i just wanted to talk about one ford that impressed me and then the mustang crew comes on and tells me how me and my car are a piece of shit lol.

I tell them my personal experiences on how i have never lost to a pre 03 bolt on cobra and they tell me about how they see it all the time i really dont care. Then he puts 352rwhp and only a 12.7 thats pretty bad, dude i dont care about your opinion. Go turn on some lincoln park and cut your wrist with a broken AOL disk you fag.

Red
    06 GTO

but its funny that they come in, considering its a Fbody site there registered on.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

there just making sure they keep their enemies closer... making sure that we don't come up with some super secret new mod that will kill all else...

Red
    06 GTO

we do have a secret mod, its call the C6 Z06 vette

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Hey guys wait till they bring out the "blue devil corvette" It will shart on almost anything. Google it bitches!

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by ice97ta View Post
    but its funny that they come in, considering its a Fbody site there registered on.
    The site is www.ls1.com not f-body.com, its also for GTOs and Corvettes, you have a 97' TA does THAT have an LS1, i dont think so...........
    2000T/A Guru,the "mustang crew" never came in and said your car was a piece of shit, can you show us where i said your car was a piece of shit? i think YOU were the one that started throwing that term around.............

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information