WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

nice 130 pull down rt 340 with a celica and a ls1 z28

Im never one to go fast in even moderate traffic but the other day i was on my way to fredrick md on rt 340 with my g/f and two of my buddys. We were rolling 90 and moving our way up threw traffic which was rolling about 80 and all of a sudden this guy in a Celica (had the factory body kit and all that stuff) sees me coming and he pulls out and steps on it... well he gets over like he wants to race me and i blow by him... he follows suit and were running like 90 again now and we blow by an LS1 Z-28 following another car... he pulls out behind us and at that point traffic opened up so i said to hell with it. We took it up to about 130 (the celica must have been in the draft or something cause he stuck with us)... from there to fredrick we probley averaged about 110... it was a blast... They hit i-270 and i went on up the road to rt15 so i didnt ever see if the two raced but im sure the camaro owned his ass. Hey if the guy in the maros out there hit me up, I wouldnt mind knowing what your thoughts on it were.

Awaiting Activation
    nice story. That celica must've been modded pretty good to hang with an LS1 on the highway.

black
    2002 ws6

ya that celica had to have had alot of stuff done to it, to hang with your car. What mods do u have?

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

right now all i have done is cold air intake, msd optispark, and throttle body coolant bypass... i got parts in the mail though, i need to get back in LS1 Territory. Mods to come:full top end kit, headers, borla catback, offroad y pipe. I have a moser 9 bolt with 3.73s that will be going in soon and a built a4with a pretty hefty stall... Thatll keep me tided over for now... this summer im either gonna supercharge it or if im still up for the challenge i might go with a turbo kit from PTS... (probley just gonna go supercharged though). Me and my friend have also tossed around the idea of an LS2 Swap but its all still kinda up in the air

Black
    2000 trans am

if ur gonna put all thoes mods on it i wouldnt waste the money on an LS2

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

yea, i agree, it was just a cool idea he had one day so we tossed it around a bit. Gotta admit though, it would make for one hell of a sleeper... lt1 body with an ls2 in it? better yet how bout an ls7 lol

2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlusTen View Post
    yea, i agree, it was just a cool idea he had one day so we tossed it around a bit. Gotta admit though, it would make for one hell of a sleeper... lt1 body with an ls2 in it? better yet how bout an ls7 lol

If you can find a junked Z06 I'd do it.... and with all the reports about the rear ends randomly literally catching on fire.... You might be able to find some.....

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisV
    Starting to look like the Viper is the best bet in teh category. the Fords had some engine problems and suspension parts replaced, and teh Corvettes spontaneously combust...

From another board:

"So I'm chillin on my way home from work today when all of a sudden a red vette passes me on the right shoulder and its ON FIRE! I'm like " Holy Sh*t, I gotta see this" so i follow him about a block and he pulls into a goodyear tire store near my house. As I pull up I realize its the new Z06. WOW. I pull up and the owner is out of the car and watching it being consumed in flames right in front of him. The guys at goodyear come running out with a fire extinguisher and put out the fire, or so they thought. I asked the owner if he was ok and he said yes. He said he heard something from underneath the car on the highway but didnt realize it was on fire until he exited, which is when he passed me. I asked if he was beating it or what? He said no, but the dealer recently installed a new exhaust on the car. I was like "ooohhhhh"! Just then, the goodyear guys started yelling at us to move away because it was on fire again. This time it spread quickly and I really thought the gas tank was gonna explode. Then, the local fire dept. arrived and started dousing the car with the fire hoses. I mean DOUSING! The fire chief walkes over to us and tells the owner that the car is gone and not salvagable, but they would try to be as careful with as they could. As soon as he said that, the firemen went to work on the car with pic-ax and heavy ax. They smashed the trunk window and started to pull off the body work with the ax's. I personally am not a fan of the vettes, but it was heartbreaking to see this beautiful Z06 being torn apart after it has just burned to the ground. I asked the owner if he minded if I took a few pics and he said not at all. I knew you guys would like this so I snapped away........Here ya' go and remember...On a side note, if you look at the pics you will notice the burns on the back of the car. Thats from the design of the undercarrige which channels air through diffusers. When he went passed me, the flames were visible under the car and shooting out the back from the airflow design, but not on the side of the car at all. It showed how well the underskirts work for airflow...." "

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

damn... that sucks for that guy. If the prices on those LS7s wernt so high id deffinatly try it. I know that the LT1 is a great platform to build on but im eventually going to have to do the internals which annoys me. I might just go out and get another LT1 out of a scrap yard and build a stroker so I dont have to take the car out of comission for more than a few days when its done

2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlusTen View Post
    damn... that sucks for that guy. If the prices on those LS7s wernt so high id deffinatly try it. I know that the LT1 is a great platform to build on but im eventually going to have to do the internals which annoys me. I might just go out and get another LT1 out of a scrap yard and build a stroker so I dont have to take the car out of comission for more than a few days when its done
    Who told you that? You mean an LS1 right? And how high are the prices on the LS7? I mean come on 500hp naturally aspirated? That would offset the costs of a stroker and all the other crap you'd have to do to an engine to get that performance, I think if you could get an LS7 and tranny for under 7k you'd be in good shape.

silver
    2002 z-28

an LS7 and tranny for under 7 grand?......this is used correct?...arent those motors like 14 grand brand new?

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

I wont get into an the LT1 LS1 argument, but i think its a great platform and this is coming from a guy who use to own a 400 rwhp LS1 car... it was time for something diffrent

Thread Information