Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

New Mustangs

This is a discussion on New Mustangs within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by secondgearscratch i love your responses, i really do. so ripe with complex reasoning and explanation..... there is ...

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    i love your responses, i really do.

so ripe with complex reasoning and explanation.....
    there is no reason to respond to you with any intelligence, your posts already show your lack of any understanding of the car industry. All you post is your uneducated opinion.

Sad part is, all you do is base your opinions on the already biased and illogical comparisons of the media(comparing a mustang to a vette). Most people already realize that media is full of shit on their "comparisons", yet you are still focusing on them.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    there is no reason to respond to you with any intelligence, your posts already show your lack of any understanding of the car industry. All you post is your uneducated opinion.

Sad part is, all you do is base your opinions on the already biased and illogical comparisons of the media(comparing a mustang to a vette). Most people already realize that media is full of shit on their "comparisons", yet you are still focusing on them.
    im not biased towards the vette. look at the numbers, look at the times. i dont post my uneducated opinion, i post an opinion based upon things i hear, see, read, and comprehend.

i dont listen to the "media"....you and youre cliche responses. *YAWN*

im getting weary of your bullshit excuses such as the one bolded above. since i am not an "insider" like you, i take facts from different sources, first person accounts, and good ole fashion commen sense to draw a conclusion.
    i also give reasons for my statements unlike......

wow you arent to bright are ya....
    LMAO @ comparing a mustang to a vette. Come on, seriously.
    wow, you dont know much about the car industry do ya.....

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Listen the new 5.3 s/c mustang was supposed to compete with the vette. Ford puts it up against the vette in courses all the time. Needless to say it looses. The Ford GT doesnt compare. A c6 z06 with slicks can do a 10.9 like i said, the ford gt cant pull that off. However it is a supercar and has a super large price. The vette can beat italian super cars in drags for a quarter of the price.

The Z06 is also far easier to mod, they built the GT like a race car not too many perfromance mods to be done. With the c6 the sky is the limit.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Listen the new 5.3 s/c mustang was supposed to compete with the vette. Ford puts it up against the vette in courses all the time. Needless to say it looses. The Ford GT doesnt compare. A c6 z06 with slicks can do a 10.9 like i said, the ford gt cant pull that off. However it is a supercar and has a super large price. The vette can beat italian super cars in drags for a quarter of the price.
    i like where youre trying to go, but let me save you from getting ripped open. youre making it all about drag racing, and its not all about drag racing.

the mustang is a 5.4 not that it matters, i just dont want you getting picked apart here, since so many people seem to be industry insiders and know the dichotomy, intentions, and operations of two of the worlds largest auto makers.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

No it isnt all about drag but the ford gt really isnt that better in the handleing department.

Pewter
    2000 z28

No it isnt all about drag but the ford gt really isnt that better in the handleing department.
    truth.

but if you like the z06 youre just bias....

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Lol fuck this bias shit the z06=better, cooler, cheaper.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Lol fuck this bias shit the z06=better, cooler, cheaper.
    go get em tiger....

white
    1990 Mustang GT

as a ford guy ide have to agree, Z06 > Ford GT any day

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

*sigh* Some of you folks would do REAL well to eductate yourself on that which you know virtually nothing about.

Motortrend did same day, back-to-back testing of the Z06 vs a GT (also had a Viper in the mix). In the 1/4 mile, they ran 11.6 @ 126.6 and 11.5 @ 128.7 respectively. Forget the ET - look at the mph. What does that tell you?

Now consider the ET, and put DRs on both. Why would one benefit more than the other? Both have far, far, far from optimum traction at launch. With a better tire, each can launch more aggresively, and each will bring down their 60 ft times.

MT also did us a favor and put them both on a dyno. The Z06 was ~450 RWHP. The GT was ~510 RWHP. The Z06 weighs 3169 lbs. The GT 3497. Doing a little 3rd grade arimethic, that gives power-to-weight ratios of 7.04 for the Z06 and 6.86 for the GT.

Gearing is essentially a wash. Aerodynamics are essentially a wash (stock GTs have been clocked over 200 mph - I'm sure Z06s have gotten close to that too).

Modability....jeezum....give me a break. Ever heard of swapping a pulley and tuning a car on the dyno? Do you have any clue - at all - what that does for a motor that is only making 12 psi stock out of a positive displacement blower? Do you know how easy it is - even on a GT? What can you modify on the Z06 that you can't modify on the GT? Further, what can you do to the Vette that will give it the very easy extra power of a pulley swap/tune?

Wow.

Handling...the Z06 shines here - probably the equal or better of the GT based on it being lighter and on its incredible brakes (of coures it helps being lighter). The GT's main benefit is the balance of the car over all (being mid-engined). Its main liability is its tires (narrower than the Z06).

GT500....my opinion....overweight pig. Nice looking car, gobs of power, way too much heft. Never designed to go after the Z06 (same power, 800 lbs heavier....come on.....), I'm sure it did have the regular Vette in its sites as far as acceleration goes (and it made a hit). A Ford exec, or especially a Ford Dealership, would look at some of the comments here and laugh their ass off all the way to the bank (some of you might catch my drift).

"King of the Road"....known as "KR" back in the 60s. More history - though it happened way before your time. Go do a Google search of " 1968 GT500KR".

The Vette did not undergo a 'drastic power increase in 2005. Consider when the Vette went from the L98 to the LT1 in 1992, power increased from 245 to 300 (up about 21%). when the Vette went from the LT1 to the LS1 in 1997, HP went up from 300 to 350 (about a 17% increase). When the Vette went from the LS1 to the LS2 in 2005, power went up from 350 to 400 (about a 15% increase).

All that said - and based purely on performance numbers vs price, the Z06 is an amazing machine - unmatched in dollars per performance ration - and damn near unmatched no matter WHAT the dollars are. On other Forums, I have put it like this: If I was spending my money, I'd buy the Z06. If I were spending someone else's money, I'd buy the GT.

I would not buy a GT500. If Ford gave me one, I'd sell it and pick up a 2004 Z06, or go racing next season in NMRA.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

What do you have done to your cobra?

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Actually, I just bought it back (as in, this past weekend) from the guy I sold it to in 2004 at the end of the NMRA season.

If you read the thread that had the video of the Mustang beating the Neon that I posted a couple of weeks ago in this Forum, that was my car with the stock internal motor. External bolt-ons only, gear, and slicks. Car made 314 RWHP at the time, and weighed 3200 lbs. It went 11.60 that day.

Short story for what is shown in the picture in my sig....that was taken in 2004 when I was competing in the NMRA's Factory Stock class. The basic combo was a stock block .020 over with flattop pistons (0 deck, per rules), stock cams (not regrinds, per rules), stock unported 03 heads with a good valve job (that rules thing), stock untouched intake (rules), shorty headers (rules...yada yada), x-pipe, SLP Loudmouth Catback, CAI, 4.56 gears, mild chassis mods, 6 pt bar. Car made 356 RWHP, weighed 3340 lbs raceweight (3325 was my minimum), and ran a best of 11.43 @ 117 mph on BFG Drag Radials. Was torn down to the crank immediately after that pass to verify legality.

Bob

wow, that was 3 years ago already? I cant believe that car made 350rwhp without long tubes.

Congrats on getting it back.
    324hp/333tq

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information