Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

New Mustangs

This is a discussion on New Mustangs within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Never heard of a bone stock GT500 going 11.8. Best I've heard of is 12.2. The N/A Mach 1 was ...

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Never heard of a bone stock GT500 going 11.8. Best I've heard of is 12.2.

The N/A Mach 1 was a very good run for an LS1 F-body or GTO.

Weight certainly isn't everything, but it is quite important for any metric related to performance.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Those GT500's are definately nice but they are no Terminator. Id take a terminator ofver the GT500 anyday in terms of performance. I saw one at the track last night with a KB blower and a whole bunch of goodies under the hood showing off his 702 rwhp dyno chart. Very nice car no doubt but even with DR's that 702 hp only netted him a low 12 second timeslip with lower 60's than me. That car would be lethal on the street hwy run but after talking to the owner you are stuck with 18 inch rims unless you remove rear swaybar, and you will not get an 18 inch tire to hook that beast at 700 whp. Terminator>GT500 IMHO.
    Last edited by slims00ls1z28; 04-28-2007 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    shelby cobra? you mean the shelby gt500? so what is the shelby cobra and the shelby gt. this doesnt make sense......
    They heve a freaking big Cobra on the car, 3 to be exact. Its a damn cobra, its not like we can call it a garder snake......

Those Cobra/GT 500 owners are always modding their rides. Someone once told me the chance of running into a "stock" cobra is like running into virgin cheerleader at college. The fact that their aftermarket is so damn big and cheap is what makes this threat so bad. Check out this link:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums....php?p=4314290

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    They heve a freaking big Cobra on the car, 3 to be exact. Its a damn cobra, its not like we can call it a garder snake......
    i appreciate the smartassness of your reply, however, you gave the wrong info. ive seen a v6 stang with a big cobra on it, guess that was one too eh? and in your post you talked about two different cars, neither of which you used the right name. how is anyone supposed to know what the hell an 07 shelby cobra is and what an 07 shelby gt is when there are (technically speaking) no such things?

i just know that mustang zo6 would hand my camaro cobra its ass......
    ?????????

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Ha ha, the conversation always turns to the 500 being a real porker, at the end of the day it really is all about the power to weight ratio. I would never own a mustang of any kind but I still admire the 500 for being something special and making pony cars even more exciting. The competition is good for everyone.

Another thing I love about this forum is that we have members driving cars that are not LS1s. At first I didn't get it but now I realize it's the different points of view that make it interesting. I don't like dodge but I love reading Stone's threads.

With a gearhead forum like this there is going to be a lot of smack going around. Can't take this stuff personally, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    i appreciate the smartassness of your reply, however, you gave the wrong info. ive seen a v6 stang with a big cobra on it, guess that was one too eh? and in your post you talked about two different cars, neither of which you used the right name. how is anyone supposed to know what the hell an 07 shelby cobra is and what an 07 shelby gt is when there are (technically speaking) no such things?

i just know that mustang zo6 would hand my camaro cobra its ass......
    ?????????
    wow you arent to bright are ya....

FAS02SS

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

Not the GT 500 but whatever the other new Shelby is, if I could smoke a GT 500 I'd be pretty freakin happy!!!

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

The Shelby GT is an overpriced regular GT, with a CHEAP ass hood scoop, and side scoops that do nothing. For an extra ten grand you get the beforementioned cheap ass scoops, and a few bolt-on mods from Ford racing (CAI, little better catback, and a sloppy Hurst shifter). What a rip off.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    wow you arent to bright are ya....
    you make a ton of sense. really....

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I have seen a GT500 being dynoed with just a new supercharger, it made 734rwhp everything else stock even exhaust, ok it had a tune but thats it. Done by a racing company they said that they were goin to rebuild the whole car forged everything and see what they could get. The car still does weigh 4200 pounds though lol.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    The Shelby GT is an overpriced regular GT, with a CHEAP ass hood scoop, and side scoops that do nothing. For an extra ten grand you get the beforementioned cheap ass scoops, and a few bolt-on mods from Ford racing (CAI, little better catback, and a sloppy Hurst shifter). What a rip off.
    Are you guys talking about the Rousch? I didnt think they made a Shelby GT. Of course I really dont know since I'm not a big ford guy but I thought the only Shelby production stang was the GT500.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    Are you guys talking about the Rousch? I didnt think they made a Shelby GT. Of course I really dont know since I'm not a big ford guy but I thought the only Shelby production stang was the GT500.
    thats what i was trying to say but of course im the idiot.....

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    Please read the latest issue of CAR & DRIVER. It has the Shelby GT review in it vs. a bunch of imports.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

A new Shelby Gt 500 is 500 horse s/c. The standard GT's have 3.73 gears and with a 5 spd they run descent. I handed my bro in laws a$$ to him in my SS. His car with a tune, cold air, and exhaust will run high 13's on street tires and those cars are very traction limited like our cars are. A good driver and slicks and a slightly modded Ls car will have to be up on the wheel. The Shelbys I have seen run havne't been impressive, but they were also rich people who couldn't drive.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Fellas, there is a Shelby GT, AND a Shelby GT500. They look different, and have completely different drivetrains. Check it out. I am not pulling your umm....legs.

linky

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=116496

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Fellas, there is a Shelby GT, AND a Shelby GT500. They look different, and have completely different drivetrains. Check it out. I am not pulling your umm....legs.

linky

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=116496
    Thats gay. Ford seriously needs to give it a fockin break w/ the mustangs.... I'm so tired of seeing so many different Mustangs that i cant even call BS on a kid who says he has a stock Blown, turboed mustang cause how the fock am I supposed to keep up w/ what they're actually producing

Let's see, Roush, Steeda, Foose, Cobra's, Shelby GT's, Shelby GT500's, Shelby GT500KR, Shelby Super Snake, Saleen... etc. Yep, that's just to name a few. Remember, it's a free market system, the companies go to where the money is. People buy stangs... and lots of 'em. There's no way (unless your a massive enthusiast) to remember all of those..

Electron Blue
    2002 EB Z06

Yeah, yeah, yeah, just having some fun, i'm a car lover in general and those are pretty nice numbers on your big body.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by fox1x View Post
    Let's see, Roush, Steeda, Foose, Cobra's, Shelby GT's, Shelby GT500's, Shelby GT500KR, Shelby Super Snake, Saleen... etc. Yep, that's just to name a few. Remember, it's a free market system, the companies go to where the money is. People buy stangs... and lots of 'em. There's no way (unless your a massive enthusiast) to remember all of those..
    save one on this list and the rest are still losing to the c6.

sad, but true.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information