Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 97

New Mustang GT

This is a discussion on New Mustang GT within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; THE 05/06 MUSTANG IS NOT THE FASTEST CAR OUT THERE . Quote me on that. On the same note, NEITHER ...

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Age
    49
    Posts
    134

    Torrid Red
    05 GTO

    THE 05/06 MUSTANG IS NOT THE FASTEST CAR OUT THERE. Quote me on that.
    On the same note, NEITHER IS THE LS1/LS2. The LS7's have a better chance of making the claim of being king. From what i've actually seen, Ls1's and 2's can be beaten by the 05/06 stang from time to time.[/QUOTE]

    I didnt say the LS1/2s were the fastest. I simply said I have come across one that can beat me, and Ive done from the line and from a roll. Maybe all those other drivers suck, I dont know.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by TACE02
    HMMMM!!! where are all these 12 second 05/06 GTs. None of em want to play with me. They all just simply turn when I come around. I at least would like to play. Hell I will even give them a thumbs up if they beat me. It's all good, just having fun. And a stock GT, ummmm easily a disappearing in my rearview by 4th gear (3.42 gears still installed.) And still haven't seen any of them at our 1/8th mile track here.
    Here are two guys in the 12s with bolt-ons:

    mustangforums.com/showProfile.asp?memid=15271

    mustangforums.com/showProfile.asp?memid=23154

    Sounds like you're racing at a small track. Maybe you could meet up with them at their tracks, or look around at one of the larger ones in your area, if there are any.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    44
    Posts
    182

    Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    Everyone of them i've pulled up to usually tries to ignore me and drives away. I dunno what the deal is. I thought they were suppose to be like the Mach 1, and a match for the LS1.

  4. #24
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    It's tough for me to remain silent with all the yacking about the new Mustang, but I'll try to shut up after this post. If there is any Ls1 guy that I will listen to, it's my friend at work. He has the Camaro SS(406RWHP). He bought an 06 Mustang after driving mine and he loves it. I told him about the spec in the mirror and all the statements about leaving the mustang as if it was no competition. He even said that anyone with a stock Camaro says they beat an 05/06 Mustang by even 5 car lengths is spewing This is from a guy who owns both cars. The fact that he went out and bought an 06 stang as a Chevy fan who's never owned a Ford like myself speaks for itself. Okay, I'm out...
    Last edited by Camarofan; 06-01-2006 at 02:04 AM.

  5. #25
    Senior Member ss~zoso~ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    )
    Posts
    9,128

    SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

    i will never understand why there are mustang owners on this site tring to back up their cars, dudes there will ALWAYS be a rival / supremisy issue with the mustang vs. the camaro so dont try to regulate on this site

  6. #26
    Junior Member Chubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Age
    38
    Posts
    67

    Pewter
    1999 Trans Am (WS7)

    I watched a 05 Stang at New England Dragway run a 12.9 @ 106 with tires, catback, predator tuning, and an intake. They are hard running cars they just need a good driver I guess.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    i will never understand why there are mustang owners on this site tring to back up their cars, dudes there will ALWAYS be a rival / supremisy issue with the mustang vs. the camaro so dont try to regulate on this site
    It's not about trying to regulate.

    It's about trying to keep it real when the exaggerations go overboard.

  8. #28
    Member SR71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Age
    38
    Posts
    105

    Black
    1998 Trans Am, 2007 TB SS

    Quote Originally Posted by john
    That episode has been discussed here before. I think the conclusion was it was not an '05+ mustang gt, but a sn95 car with two valve heads.

    john

    No, I'm 100% positive it was the 05. I do remember them modding the sn95 car however. I remember watching it sunday morning and calling my brother who's a diehard mustang lover. They were both black, but the sn95 was a convertible.

  9. #29
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    RE:




    I don't know where you guys live, or how these guys drive these stangs, but I've seen your Z's get worked on the track where I'm at. It's back and forth. A Z will triumph, then a stang would also. A WS6 got worked just this last Wednesday By an 05 that has shorty's CAI and tune and an axle back. I don't know what the Ws6 had done to it. I raced an SS and I blew it by creeping forward and red lighted.. He launched ahead and won due to my screw up, but he didn't pull on me in third gear like I thought he would. I was realing him in suprisingly to me. He won by two car lengths. I wanted him again so I could launch this beast on him. I was at the track all day and I never saw an 05/06 get worked the way you guyz talk on this board(specs in the mirror,etc..). What am I missing? Are you racing V6's?
    I wouldn't be surprised to find out some guys are making their V6's look like GT's, and trying to pass them off as such. Unfair, I know. In current form, my car put a bus length or more on a stock 06 supercharged Saleen (3 lbs boost, big whuuppee) from a dig to 120 mph. But, it did the same distance, pretty much, on a 00 Z28 with a catback. So, that leads me to believe that those two would have made an interesting race together.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

  10. #30
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    It's tough for me to remain silent with all the yacking about the new Mustang, but I'll try to shut up after this post. If there is any Ls1 guy that I will listen to, it's my friend at work. He has the Camaro SS(406RWHP). He bought an 06 Mustang after driving mine and he loves it. I told him about the spec in the mirror and all the statements about leaving the mustang as if it was no competition. He even said that anyone with a stock Camaro says they beat an 05/06 Mustang by even 5 car lengths is spewing This is from a guy who owns both cars. The fact that he went out and bought an 06 stang as a Chevy fan who's never owned a Ford like myself speaks for itself. Okay, I'm out...
    Has to be the driver. It is 50% car, 50% driver. If we raced on a dyno, then the winner will be who has the most power. We don't. We race in the real world where clutch work, road quality, and shifting ability all come into play.

  11. #31
    Junior Member JunkyardTurbos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    23

    Silver
    2002 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    RE:




    I don't know where you guys live, or how these guys drive these stangs, but I've seen your Z's get worked on the track where I'm at. It's back and forth. A Z will triumph, then a stang would also. A WS6 got worked just this last Wednesday By an 05 that has shorty's CAI and tune and an axle back. I don't know what the Ws6 had done to it. I raced an SS and I blew it by creeping forward and red lighted.. He launched ahead and won due to my screw up, but he didn't pull on me in third gear like I thought he would. I was realing him in suprisingly to me. He won by two car lengths. I wanted him again so I could launch this beast on him. I was at the track all day and I never saw an 05/06 get worked the way you guyz talk on this board(specs in the mirror,etc..). What am I missing? Are you racing V6's?
    Hmmm. I ran a 12.8 at 113 with free mods and stock rubber. Are the V6's close to that now?
    Last edited by JunkyardTurbos; 06-02-2006 at 02:55 PM.

  12. #32
    Junior Member JunkyardTurbos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    23

    Silver
    2002 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    It's tough for me to remain silent with all the yacking about the new Mustang, but I'll try to shut up after this post. If there is any Ls1 guy that I will listen to, it's my friend at work. He has the Camaro SS(406RWHP). He bought an 06 Mustang after driving mine and he loves it. I told him about the spec in the mirror and all the statements about leaving the mustang as if it was no competition. He even said that anyone with a stock Camaro says they beat an 05/06 Mustang by even 5 car lengths is spewing This is from a guy who owns both cars. The fact that he went out and bought an 06 stang as a Chevy fan who's never owned a Ford like myself speaks for itself. Okay, I'm out...
    No lie, I beat him by more than five. Why is that so hard to believe? A 300hp car vs. a 350+ hp car? Did you also miss the part of my post where I said it was a vert?

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkyardTurbos
    No lie, I beat him by more than five. Why is that so hard to believe? A 300hp car vs. a 350+ hp car? Did you also miss the part of my post where I said it was a vert?
    He probably let off when he saw you were ahead, so yeah, you beat him by more than 5 then. Good job!

    I beat a '99-'04 GT by even more than that. By the time I hit 80 in 3rd he was WAY back. I guess I could say the same thing about him. I beat him by 15+! Although I'm reasonable certain he let off as well.
    2006 GT, 5-Speed

  14. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    8

    Silver
    2002 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Black GT
    He probably let off when he saw you were ahead, so yeah, you beat him by more than 5 then. Good job!
    Yea sure, that or I just plain whooped his ass!

    Show me a stock (no bolt-ons, no gear, nitrous, exhaust, chip, stock rubber etc.) new GT that can run this time and mph. I'm car 57. I ran this time with free mods and a lid in 2004. That's with a 2.22 60'. Remember, the car I raced was a convertible as I stated in my first post. How do you get off prediciting how my race turned out when you don't even know what mods I have or what my car runs now?

    http://www.junkyardturbos.com/images/12854.jpg

  15. #35
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    48
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    RE:




    I don't know where you guys live, or how these guys drive these stangs, but I've seen your Z's get worked on the track where I'm at. It's back and forth. A Z will triumph, then a stang would also. A WS6 got worked just this last Wednesday By an 05 that has shorty's CAI and tune and an axle back. I don't know what the Ws6 had done to it. I raced an SS and I blew it by creeping forward and red lighted.. He launched ahead and won due to my screw up, but he didn't pull on me in third gear like I thought he would. I was realing him in suprisingly to me. He won by two car lengths. I wanted him again so I could launch this beast on him. I was at the track all day and I never saw an 05/06 get worked the way you guyz talk on this board(specs in the mirror,etc..). What am I missing? Are you racing V6's?
    i have yet to lose to a 05+ mustang


    mustangs=. from me
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

  16. #36
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    48
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    auto 05s and up are pigs.
    get a manual and those stangs are in the 13s.
    a well launched ls1 wont lose to a stang.

  17. #37
    Junior Member cubicpower89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Meridian Idaho
    Age
    32
    Posts
    26

    Mystic Teal
    1995 Z28 m6

    Nice kill. Saturday night I was cruisin around and started getting some shit from an 06 GT driver...(My plates say 8ASTANG) anyways, he wouldn't shut his mouth so I took him on a roll of 10-13, 1st gear.. My sweet spot!!! I pulled him through third and cut it off at 90 or so. It was awesome. When I came to a stop he started making excuses like I got more displacement or his wheels are holdin him down. All I said was 11 years is a pretty big gap, and to find me when Ford catches up ... HAHA I love my Z

    David

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeslipRegistry
    How do you get off prediciting how my race turned out when you don't even know what mods I have or what my car runs now?
    Pretty much the same way you get off predicting the guy in the Mustang didn't let off and you beat him by more than 5 car lengths when you don't even know what mods he had or what his car runs now.

  19. #39
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Camaro's, 05/06's Mustangs and Mach 1's are all so close that I decided to post these. Camaro's and Mach 1's both think the 05/06 can't hang so I thought I'd provide a little proof that they're wrong .
    I had to post this since this is supposed to be impossible assuming both drivers are honest about mods. The first vid ought to make you Ls1 guys happy.
    http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...4C4C5B9C72.htm
    http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...sz28camaro.flv

    http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...9989FD9A20.htm

    http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...456F2B819C.htm

  20. #40
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula
    a well launched ls1 wont lose to a stang.
    Already has happened.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mustang gt's??
    By Transamws6 in forum Domestics and Foreigns
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 06:28 AM
  2. 05 Red Mustang GT
    By Z06-Goose in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 09:39 PM
  3. ls1 vs mustang gt
    By midnightnavyz28 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 05:56 PM
  4. here's my mustang...
    By sit_back in forum Member's Rides
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 08:42 PM
  5. 06 Mustang GT vs. 99 z28
    By raybroussard in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 01:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •