Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

new mustang

This is a discussion on new mustang within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Red Neck That was a race from a roll. Both cars had traction. Didn't loo like shifting ...

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by Red Neck View Post
    That was a race from a roll. Both cars had traction. Didn't loo like shifting was a problem. That was a car with far superior horsepower walking a lesser car. The Mustang got the jump. It took a boatload more than the stang to walk back on him like that.

Personally, no offense, I don't believe there are bonestock LS1's making 330 rwhp SAE or STD. Maybe uncorrected in 30 degrees. The shop where I dyno is a Chevy shop although he runs late 60 model Camaros in 10.5 Outlaws. One of the top outlaws in the mid-Atlantic. I've been to several tracks with him. He traps close to 160 in an 1/8th. He shows me all the cars he's dyno'd. Most F-Bodies are less than 300 rwhp SAE. One WS6 with headers, intake mods, tune made 330 plus SAE.

There is no such things as factory freaks in this day of manufacturing.

Hum. But he got jumped. Then he pulled right past the 5.0. Aint no way that was driving ability. That was raw HP.

Just like Gimmie Gohnson having that 50 HP advantage over every other driver. His engine builder should have gotten Athlete of the Year. He walks the field. He did till ASSCAR taketh away about the start of the final 10 races.

hey if your such a redneck then this should be your favorite sport right

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

^^

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Red Neck is just mad that 12 year old F-bodies can take down brand spanking new 400+ HP Mustang GT's. How does that salt taste, Red Neck? lol

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Z-28 View Post
    Red Neck is just mad that 12 year old F-bodies can take down brand spanking new 400+ HP Mustang GT's. How does that salt taste, Red Neck? lol
    Red Neck got the ban hammer right between the eyes..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Red Neck got the ban hammer right between the eyes..
    my christmas wish has been answered

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

finally no more trolling

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    my christmas wish has been answered
    Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    finally no more trolling
    If I had to guess these guys find us and our stories and so forth by googling something like (generalization), "Mustang vs f-body"..

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

If I had to guess these guys find us and our stories and so forth by googling something like (generalization), "Mustang vs f-body"..
    nope he just pissed me off whenever he started to troll one of my threads

btw how'd you know he got banned?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    nope he just pissed me off whenever he started to troll one of my threads

btw how'd you know he got banned?
    When it say's "impounded" under their name..

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

When it say's "impounded" under their name..

2000 Trans Am

LOL great kill OP, but my question is why can't we all just get along. Why would you troll a GM website knowing that it took Ford years to catch up to running what our 10+ year f bodys run? I just don't get it....have some respect for the cars, the new 5.0 is fast but it doesn't mean it can't be beaten by a close to stock ls1....makes no sense to me....what an idiot....
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    LOL great kill OP, but my question is why can't we all just get along. Why would you troll a GM website knowing that it took Ford years to catch up to running what our 10+ year f bodys run? I just don't get it....have some respect for the cars, the new 5.0 is fast but it doesn't mean it can't be beaten by a close to stock ls1....makes no sense to me....what an idiot....
    I agree. I like most all V8 RWD cars, and can respect any fast car.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Nah Fords SUCK! lol I kid, I kid.. But yes, I agree, as long as it's not a 4cyl.. But I can also respect the guy with one done right too. We are gearheads alike, don't really matter whom manufactures them really.. As long as we're all having fun doing what we do. There's no need to bash eachothers cars..

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Nah Fords SUCK! lol I kid, I kid.. But yes, I agree, as long as it's not a 4cyl.. But I can also respect the guy with one done right too. We are gearheads alike, don't really matter whom manufactures them really.. As long as we're all having fun doing what we do. There's no need to bash eachothers cars..
    Truth!

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

this is the most wisdom i have heard all day

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Maybe I should amend my thought so it reads "I like most any RWD car, V8 fun-to-drive ones preferred."

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by Red Neck View Post
    If it was a 2011 it was a V-6, 2010 then a 4.6. A 5.0 would walk you, bad.
    I am gonna have to say that this is the answer that makes the best sense. Sounds like OP only has exhaust. I have yet to run one of these (5.0)'s, but I am pretty sure it won't be pretty. I mean aren't we talking about the termi's hp in this new mustang? Wo at least a cam and exhaust, or gears and suspension, we lose right? I mean, he said he PROMPTLY flew by him.

Black
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    I am gonna have to say that this is the answer that makes the best sense. Sounds like OP only has exhaust. I have yet to run one of these (5.0)'s, but I am pretty sure it won't be pretty. I mean aren't we talking about the termi's hp in this new mustang? Wo at least a cam and exhaust, or gears and suspension, we lose right? I mean, he said he PROMPTLY flew by him.
    I'm going to say that walking a new 5.0 without mods may not be impossible but probably unlikely. Two things will need to happen:
    1). The 5.0 owner isn't really trying...or
    2). The 5.0 owner doesn't know how to drive.

I'm running just north of 400HP and ran against one and couldn't catch him. Now I later find out not only was this guy a tuner, he also had a 525HP blower kit installed so I no longer feel too bad about it. I actually thought to myself if he's running 100 more HP then me and that's all he's got, I'm kind of proud of the run.
    1999 WS6 - Black - 414rwhp 401rwtq w/o NOS
    632rwhp 577rwtq with HSW 250shot NOS

My neighbor bought a new 5.0. He's a bit older than me, and knows how to drive it. I played with him in my wifes car, 6 speed, LS6 cam, headers and tuned, everything else stock. I've dipped it into the 12's at 111 mph on stock rubber.
    We were side by side, I couldn't run away from him. Still had the temp tags on it

They run pretty damn good right out of the box. To beat one that is driven properly, is going to take a car that probably runs bottom 12's and traps better than my wifes car does, just to be sure, and that's a stocker.

Once they start modding these things, (and it won't take long) all bets are off. You better be ready.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    My neighbor bought a new 5.0. He's a bit older than me, and knows how to drive it. I played with him in my wifes car, 6 speed, LS6 cam, headers and tuned, everything else stock. I've dipped it into the 12's at 111 mph on stock rubber.
    We were side by side, I couldn't run away from him. Still had the temp tags on it

They run pretty damn good right out of the box. To beat one that is driven properly, is going to take a car that probably runs bottom 12's and traps better than my wifes car does, just to be sure, and that's a stocker.

Once they start modding these things, (and it won't take long) all bets are off. You better be ready.
    Lol that is awesome! I hope I can find a wife like that one day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information