Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

new mustang

This is a discussion on new mustang within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; It took me a little to find this. It was posted on 8-27-2010 Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS In regards to ...

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

It took me a little to find this. It was posted on 8-27-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    In regards to the 2011 5.0 Mustang threads, they have run their course here. Every one of them has ended in flames, wars, derogatory bickering and we are not tolerant of it anymore. It also seems to be the same handful of people that keep starting these threads or keep ruining these threads. From this point forward, anyone that initiates these type of threads or derails them with nonsense, is just going to get a 2 day vacation, no hesistation. This is a GM based website. While we don't mind discussion of competition vehicles to an extent, we have seen enough. Consider this everyones warning that this thread topic will not be dealt with lightly from this point forward.

White/Black
    98 Camaro Z28

Nice Kill dude...Chevrolet vs Ford...I love it...

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

OIC now. I thought for a minute, the way you worded it on post 18 it sounded like any talk of the new Mustang meant trouble for the poster, glad it's cleared up. I hadn't seen Y2Ks post about how badly these things get sometimes, and I have seen a bit of it happen.

Anyway, OP, nice kill again.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Red Neck View Post
    The new 5.0 is laying a butt whoopin on the new Camaro with one less liter cubes.

i cant really argue with that...i have worked on and driven the new camaro.

and if i were givin a choice. i would own the new 5.0 over the camaro.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    i cant really argue with that...i have worked on and driven the new camaro.

and if i were givin a choice. i would own the new 5.0 over the camaro.
    both cars are great but i just really wasnt all that impressed with the camaro however i have not had the chance to try out one of the new 5.0's

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

hmmmm hopefully the z28 rises in 2012

2010 GT500

Quote Originally Posted by JaycenK View Post
    Thats assuming they can get traction. They weight in a tad heavier and the tire selection from the factory sucks ass.

Nuffsaid
    That 5.0 had traction when he got passed. I skipped ahead in the video. Not sure what mods the F-Body had but there is no way that was anywere near a 300 rwhp SAE F-Body assuming the 5.0 driver was a good driver.

white
    2000 Z28

That 5.0 had traction when he got passed. I skipped ahead in the video. Not sure what mods the F-Body had but there is no way that was anywere near a 300 rwhp SAE F-Body assuming the 5.0 driver was a good driver.
    problem 1. assuming the driver of a brand new car is a good driver. give him some seat time and it may be a different story. lots of asshats pick up these cars brand new reading magazines that give reviews on any sports car that makes them all look like world class top notch race cars.

problem 2. 300 rwhp is bone stock 98-00 cars. 01-02s have been documented to put down up to 330 rwhp. he is more than likely modded. if he has just bolt on and is tuned that is a quite a bit more than 300rwhp. just a swap in tires could be the difference maker. not many stock tires are record setters. stock radials vs aftermarket, possibly drag, radials.

problem 3. the owner of the t/a is guaranteed to have tons of seat time and know the sweet spots for rolls all to well.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^and another thing, the new Mustang (3850?) is quite a bit heavier than the 4th gen F-bodies (3500?) So, with a couple of mods, it wouldn't be so hard to keep up or beat on a stock 5.0. You don't need so much HP, and I bet we get better MPG than the new 5.0.

It'd be nice to have this new 5.0 in a 3400 lb car, eh? It'd be nice to have the new Camaro SS engine in a 4th gen too, eh?

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    ^^^and another thing, the new Mustang (3850?) is quite a bit heavier than the 4th gen F-bodies (3500?) So, with a couple of mods, it wouldn't be so hard to keep up or beat on a stock 5.0. You don't need so much HP, and I bet we get better MPG than the new 5.0.

It'd be nice to have this new 5.0 in a 3400 lb car, eh? It'd be nice to have the new Camaro SS engine in a 4th gen too, eh?
    A base 5.0 is around the 3550+lbs and the GT 500 is around the 3800lbs.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

My research on the always true internet shows a manual trans Mustang 5.0 at 3800, automatic equipped at nearly 4000! And I thought 3500 was fat....but I have not read a report anywhere yet that said what they got at a scale, so who knows. If the Ford guys are able to keep it less than 3600 for a manual trans hardtop, that's good for them.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Yea these new cars are just pigs in the weight catagory but that said Ford has always kept the mustang lighter except for the boat they made back in the 70's. I wish GM and Dodge could get the weight down on the maro and the challenger. As for the vid yea tires from the factory are usually junk unless you get the upgraded tire package. I'm sure the SS had some decent tires on it and yea those 01 02 ls1's had alot more than advertised under the hood. Also the mustang had very little mileage on it so I'm sure the engine was still tight. Need to have about 6k+ on them before they loosen up a bit and run with good power.

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

I raced one a few weeks back with my slightly modded '93 Z28 and beat it by a fender. He did spin, but so did I. Afterwards, he kept insisting that I had the bottle hidden somewhere.......nope, ALL LT1 with stock manifolds! He left scratching his head. No doubt they are quick and now starting to look good....after all these years.
    1993 Black Camaro Z28 LT-Won

silver
    2002 ws6

The new 5.0 is laying a butt whoopin on the new Camaro with one less liter cubes.
    lol! one less liter cubes hey

2010 GT500

Quote Originally Posted by JaycenK View Post
    It says right in his comments that its a stock SS and by listening to the video he doesn't even have an exhaust on it. most of the V8 noise is coming from the trailblazer they are using to chase with.
    Yeah, I can see a 280 rwhp car at best whoopin up on a 360 rwhp car.

2010 GT500

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    problem 1. assuming the driver of a brand new car is a good driver. give him some seat time and it may be a different story. lots of asshats pick up these cars brand new reading magazines that give reviews on any sports car that makes them all look like world class top notch race cars.
    That was a race from a roll. Both cars had traction. Didn't loo like shifting was a problem. That was a car with far superior horsepower walking a lesser car. The Mustang got the jump. It took a boatload more than the stang to walk back on him like that.

problem 2. 300 rwhp is bone stock 98-00 cars. 01-02s have been documented to put down up to 330 rwhp. he is more than likely modded. if he has just bolt on and is tuned that is a quite a bit more than 300rwhp. just a swap in tires could be the difference maker. not many stock tires are record setters. stock radials vs aftermarket, possibly drag, radials.
    Personally, no offense, I don't believe there are bonestock LS1's making 330 rwhp SAE or STD. Maybe uncorrected in 30 degrees. The shop where I dyno is a Chevy shop although he runs late 60 model Camaros in 10.5 Outlaws. One of the top outlaws in the mid-Atlantic. I've been to several tracks with him. He traps close to 160 in an 1/8th. He shows me all the cars he's dyno'd. Most F-Bodies are less than 300 rwhp SAE. One WS6 with headers, intake mods, tune made 330 plus SAE.

There is no such things as factory freaks in this day of manufacturing.

problem 3. the owner of the t/a is guaranteed to have tons of seat time and know the sweet spots for rolls all to well.
    Hum. But he got jumped. Then he pulled right past the 5.0. Aint no way that was driving ability. That was raw HP.

Just like Gimmie Gohnson having that 50 HP advantage over every other driver. His engine builder should have gotten Athlete of the Year. He walks the field. He did till ASSCAR taketh away about the start of the final 10 races.

2010 GT500

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    lol! one less liter cubes hey
    Never liked that metric system.

I see your point though.

Cubes - liter?

You did catch that didn't you?

Shoulda said one quart less displacement.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Please tell me you gearheads don't think of "liters" as displacement..lol

Nice run op!
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Gm has ALWAYS under rated their muscle cars.. There are thousands upon thousands of dyno tests that have proven it.. Hell my little 3.4l dohc v6 was rated @ 200 crank with an auto. Yet on a dyno and bone stock they've put up over 218 stock.. You can bet your ars Ford does it too.. I honestly have never seen an LS1 dyno less than 300 to the wheels but I'm sure there are a few worn out ones that have.. Even if it were slightly below 300 to the wheels they would still be north of 300 crank..
    Last edited by Smittro; 12-10-2010 at 03:14 PM.

white
    2000 Z28

That was a race from a roll. Both cars had traction. Didn't loo like shifting was a problem. That was a car with far superior horsepower walking a lesser car. The Mustang got the jump. It took a boatload more than the stang to walk back on him like that.
    12.8 is the record for 98-02 ls1 f bodies(documented in a ford magazine). down to the tires bone stock. with many proven incidents ranging from 12.8- 13.3 in good runs. similar output in the 5.0 as far as actual performance goes. not your numbers game. the current best ive read about for the 5.0 was also a 12.8 from motor trend. read the asshats comment. just because he didnt over rev the car doesnt make it the correct spot to shift. not very hard to believe.

Personally, no offense, I don't believe there are bonestock LS1's making 330 rwhp SAE or STD. Maybe uncorrected in 30 degrees. The shop where I dyno is a Chevy shop although he runs late 60 model Camaros in 10.5 Outlaws. One of the top outlaws in the mid-Atlantic. I've been to several tracks with him. He traps close to 160 in an 1/8th. He shows me all the cars he's dyno'd. Most F-Bodies are less than 300 rwhp SAE. One WS6 with headers, intake mods, tune made 330 plus SAE.

There is no such things as factory freaks in this day of manufacturing.
    not sure what the relevance of the 1st gen camaro has to do with this thread, but 1 shop out of a whole entire country speaks volumes for the sample size your using. are you trying to say you know an employee or an owner?

Hum. But he got jumped. Then he pulled right past the 5.0. Aint no way that was driving ability. That was raw HP.

Just like Gimmie Gohnson having that 50 HP advantage over every other driver. His engine builder should have gotten Athlete of the Year. He walks the field. He did till ASSCAR taketh away about the start of the final 10 races.
    again reread the asshats comment angry nascar fan.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information