Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    99PontTA

new GTO gets spanked badly

i'm driving 65-70 on the interstate and see headlights coming up on me fast,i;m in the passing lane and too much traffic to get over.So this car doggie fks me hard for a bit....well after about half mile i had enough and stood on it hard.I pull away fast from the lights and finally find some room to get over in the regular lane when i see its a new GTO...he comes right along side me and WANTS ME...hehe.Without any hesitation i see i have at least 10 cars free space infrt of me and hit it hard.GTO was nowhere near me...after he catches up he does the ricer flyby on me!!!!!!

me thinks the new goats are very heavy.

Nice kill , got mods ?

In yo' hood up to no good

1 of 122 Blk A4 WS6 Verts
    1999 T/A WS6 Vert A4

Sweet! I was trying to play with an LS1 Goat last night but the 50 something driver wasn't trying to hear it.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

awesome...someone tell sarge

Bad06GTO
    Quote Originally Posted by 99PontTA
    i'm driving 65-70 on the interstate and see headlights coming up on me fast,i;m in the passing lane and too much traffic to get over.So this car doggie fks me hard for a bit....well after about half mile i had enough and stood on it hard.I pull away fast from the lights and finally find some room to get over in the regular lane when i see its a new GTO...he comes right along side me and WANTS ME...hehe.Without any hesitation i see i have at least 10 cars free space infrt of me and hit it hard.GTO was nowhere near me...after he catches up he does the ricer flyby on me!!!!!!

me thinks the new goats are very heavy.

Your mods? Was the GTO a 6-speed or A4 could you tell? Are you sure the GTO nailed it? No offense, just a little bit of information being left out.

BTW, I agree with you on the heavy part-base curb weight = 3725 lbs!!!
    Last edited by Bad06GTO; 11-12-2005 at 12:20 PM.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

yeah I need to hear mods too because I find it kinda hard to believe. I just got done racing a freinds 05 GTO with my TA and we were neck and neck the first run and the second I launched better and only had 2 cars on him.. I have full bolt ons with a 3200 stall and 12 bolt with 373's...

99PontTA
    guy was in a big hurry...i had to believe he was on it hard.My wifes car has a tune,headers,cat back,lid,and runs exceptional above 4k.I walked away hard from this guy both times.It was at night so i don't know what year goat? maybe a 5.3?I glanced down once to see the speedo over 100 but was in a long sweeper turn.Goat didn't catch me until i let off...like i said he did the ricer flyby crap which i thought was rather odd for a guy driving a american car.Are they any jap cars that look that close to a goat that i could have mistaken it?When i said new GTO i didn't mean 06...i meant the new GTO's.
    Last edited by 99PontTA; 11-12-2005 at 05:57 PM.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

guy was in a big hurry...i had to believe he was on it hard.My wifes car has a tune,headers,cat back,lid,and runs exceptional above 4k.I walked away hard from this guy both times.It was at night so i don't know what year goat? maybe a 5.3?I glanced down once to see the speedo over 100 but was in a long sweeper turn.Goat didn't catch me until i let off...like i said he did the ricer flyby crap which i thought was rather odd for a guy driving a american car.Are they any jap cars that look that close to a goat that i could have mistaken it?When i said new GTO i didn't mean 06...i meant the new GTO's.
    The 05 gto's have a ls2 6.0 liter...the 04's have a ls1 5.7.....there was no 5.3. I seriously doubt it was an 05...maybe a stock 04 though

99PontTA
    i'm starting to think it was some kinda jap car..i mean really i killed this thing......i don't mean to put down anyone's goat but they do look foreign

99PontTA
    Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    awesome...someone tell sarge
    lol don't..i'm not drivin to texas to get beat up on by a 6.0 goat i know will kick my azz.

maybe i just caught this guy off gard both times...or he was a pussy...or maybe my wifes car is just a ANIMAL and eats goats fer breakfast!I tend to bellieve the latter

99PontTA
    ok i lied..it was really a honda civic and i was drinking...i fell alseep on the sofa and dreamt all this.In my dream it was really a hot chick drivin the goat and beat her and she pulls over and lets me.........

Bad06GTO
    Lol, well good kill anyway.

TheSilverDragon
    at cruising speeds my cousin in his '04 GTO will beat my '02 SS, but out of the hole, i win hands down.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverDragon
    at cruising speeds my cousin in his '04 GTO will beat my '02 SS, but out of the hole, i win hands down.
    SS an auto?

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

ok i lied..it was really a honda civic and i was drinking...i fell alseep on the sofa and dreamt all this.In my dream it was really a hot chick drivin the goat and beat her and she pulls over and lets me.........

99transamLS1
    i live like 5 minutes from a dragway and i went there a few times this year and from wat i saw the 04 gtos dont have nearly as much as the 05s the 05s were runnin low 13s stock i think something like 13.3 but the 04s i think have 50 less horse or something like that and were runnin right with the stock ls1's

Black/Black
    96 Vert Z28-RIP/94 TT Z28

My buddy beat up an 04 GTO with his mild bolt-on 99 SS. I saw the 04 GTO's at the track running between 13.8 to even 14.5, it was sad to see that my bone stock A4 96 Z28 vert could keep up with the slower crowd of non-driving GTO guys.

99PontTA
    i spanked it badly...had to be a 04

GTwhOa
    Quote Originally Posted by GOODZ/BADZ
    My buddy beat up an 04 GTO with his mild bolt-on 99 SS. I saw the 04 GTO's at the track running between 13.8 to even 14.5, it was sad to see that my bone stock A4 96 Z28 vert could keep up with the slower crowd of non-driving GTO guys.
    GTO's aren't really that easy to drive - it definitely takes some practice.

There are couple challenges:

1. 245/45 all season tires
    2. IRS
    3. ~4000 lbs

Its not like you get out of your fbody, jump in a GTO and knock off good times unfortunately.

Once you get the launch right though, they are pretty quick cars. There are lots of '05 GTO's well into the 12's now bone stock.

After lots of practice, my totally stock 04 GTO would run consistent 13.1's @ 105 (I really wanted to pull a 12sec bone stock pass but oh well - the mod bug got me and now it runs in the 11's)

Member since 2001

Pewter
    Was he even ready, did you go on 3 beeps...by the sounds of your story it sounds like you guys got next to each other then you just punched it...Not doubting the kill at all, thats just how it sounded.

me thinks the new goats are very heavy
    They are,but w/ a good driver there still capable of 12's stock @107-109 mph

Thread Information