Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

my ws6 vs a tbss

I saw a tbss on the road for the first time today. I hadn't even heard of these until a few days ago when I saw one mentioned in another thread. It looked nice and sounded sweet!

He merged onto the interstate behind me and I could tell by the way he was driving he might be up for a little challenge. I sped up, and sure enough he floored it to catch me. He pulled up next to me, motioned ahead with a grin, and we both floored it from about 60. We were neck and neck up to 120, I had maybe half a car length on him. I don't know the specs on these things but he kept up just fine.

We couldn't do much due to traffic. We slowed back down to safe speed and weaved through traffic a bit. He went to exit and I passed him and flashed him a rocker/spiderman/whatever sign, and he pulled back out of the exit lane for more! So I floored it again and so did he. He caught up to me as we hit another patch of traffic. I had to slow down but he caught the open lane and left me in the dust.

All in all was just a few seconds of fun here and there. But it made me happy and he had a huge grin on his face too. As I caught up to the next exit I saw him crossing over the bridge and merge back onto the highwway to go back to his last exit. I liked it that he skipped his exit to hang with me a little longer.

Not really a kill for either of us. I'd call it a draw. But it was a blast. Now I gotta go read the specs on that tbss, see what he was packing...

-----

PS I just saw that I typoed 'tbss' in the title, but I can't edit that out... oh well...

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

ok, I just found some specs on that bad boy. No wonder it was neck and neck. That things got enough power to move its 4500 lbs at roughly the same pace as the ws6. 0-60 in 5.5, 1/4 mile in under 14. Niiiice for a midsize SUV...

black
    04 evo8

Those things are sweet. Tried to talk the old lady into 1 instead of the edge but she didnt budge.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by xcelr8 View Post
    Those things are sweet. Tried to talk the old lady into 1 instead of the edge but she didnt budge.
    heh. Wives. Lemme guess, the Edge had more cupholders or something like that? Totally ignoring the important features, like having a Corvette engine in it...

Black
    2005 CTS-V

Its the best sleeper I have ever owned

Plus I can pull the boat in the summer and not have to worry about ripping the front bumper off on curbs and scrapping the shit out of the bottom on speed bumps lol.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

I have a full exhaust, ported TB, small cam, and built 4L70E in my wifes TBSS, and it still gets around 15mpg city and 17 hwy. It runs low 14s at 5000ft. and will give my GTO a beating in the 1/8th. We took it to San Diego last month I embarrased a C6 for a couple blocks, and that's with luggage. I do think since it's her daily driver and our family ride I'd like to swap the gears to a 3.55 or even 3.73s(stock 4.11s) 2900 rpms at 80ish kinda suck with full exhaust, especially on long trips,but other than that it's awesome.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

if I had more money to spend for a DD i'd definitely take one of these.
    If not the Jeep SRT

Black
    2005 CTS-V

The SRTs are sick, to bad they get like 9mpg and are 10k more. But still very nice SUVs.

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

The SRTs are sick, to bad they get like 9mpg and are 10k more. But still very nice SUVs.
    Exactly

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

And square. Very square.

TBSS is cheaper to mod too. I'd rather have the SS and the cash than the SRT. MUCH quicker.

Black
    2005 CTS-V

Plus the one big turn off about the srt is due to the center mount exhaust you cant have a trailer hitch. The design is fucking terrible imo...Looks wise its ok but idk....

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

ok now you guys are gonna make me have to go google this SRT. Apparently I don't know anything about performance SUVs!

I guess Mopar came out with a hitch that works around the center exhaust. But I like the TBSS better: it may be slower from the factory but it is cheaper to buy, cheaper to mod, easier to set up for towing, and has a higher tow rating to boot. Plus that rear looks and sounds sweet with SLP's dual outlet exhaust system TBSS FTW!!! It's not that I don't like the Jeep SRT8, I just like the TBSS more

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Ya ya, having googled the Jeep SRT8, I have to agree that the TBSS looks better. And I know that the one I was playing with on the road sounded sweet...

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

The jeep srt8 isnt for towning. Its max tow capacity is 3500lbs, my legacys(4 cylinder turbo sedan) max tow capacity is 3500lbs. The Trailblazer SS tow capacity is 6700lbs, much better than the SRT8.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

I had a DD 07 TBSS awd. Did the CAI, muffler delete and vette servos in the trans. I ran a best of 13.9 @ 102. It was definitely a fun truck to own.

Black
    2005 CTS-V

^ Thats really good for still being pretty much stock. I dont want to run mine at the track 5800ft up will just be depressing best I could get my TA up here was 13.9 lol.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Bamfin06Tbss View Post
    ^ Thats really good for still being pretty much stock. I dont want to run mine at the track 5800ft up will just be depressing best I could get my TA up here was 13.9 lol.
    It really is amazing how much altitude makes a difference. Especially when you're a mile above sea level.

Black
    2005 CTS-V

It really dose the average fast car here runs low to high 14s.

Thread Information