Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 67

My T/A vs 01 Stang VID

This is a discussion on My T/A vs 01 Stang VID within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Even if they are in nothing but 10 second cars all day 12.4 is not slow by any means. What ...

  1. #21
    Member Eric1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    853

    Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

    Even if they are in nothing but 10 second cars all day 12.4 is not slow by any means. What cars do that stock? Corvettes? AMG's? The new GTR? Cmon man 12.4 is in super car range stock. Plenty of BMW's have a hard time running that stock too! The average car will NOT run that. At ALL.

  2. #22
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO View Post
    Is the only reason your saying that is because you run faster than 12.4, but when you were running 12.4 or slower, I bet you thought that was fast. Dont shit on anyone just because they run mid 12's and YOU think its slow, let someone enjoy what they run without someone like you putting them down
    when i was running mid to low 13s i thought 12.4 or slower was slow... im not shitting on him, just a lot of people would laugh at him if he said that that was fast.... it just plain and simple is no longer fast..


    right now im at a 11 flat- high high high 10 N/A H/C.. i think my car is stout, but by no means fast... no where close to fast.. id crap in my car running 13s just as fast as someone else.. and if i were running 12.8 i would have said the same exact thing to him.

  3. #23
    Member Eric1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    853

    Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

    How the fuck cant you think 10.9 isnt fast as fuck? Can any stock car beat that to this date? The veyron maybe? Not thinking 10.9 isnt fast as shit is extremely stupid man. I would literally laugh in someones face if they thought 10 second 1/4 wasnt fast. Now 10 second 1/8 isnt fast. Thats a lil under average I'd say.

  4. #24
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Even if they are in nothing but 10 second cars all day 12.4 is not slow by any means. What cars do that stock? Corvettes? AMG's? The new GTR? Cmon man 12.4 is in super car range stock. Plenty of BMW's have a hard time running that stock too! The average car will NOT run that. At ALL.
    again man.... comprehend.... i never said anything about stock... just like you said, who said anything about stock.... when the mods start coming, 12.4 is slow.. period, no if ands or buts.. you cant say, "it runs 12.4, but for what it has its fast"

    that doesnt work... a 12.4 is a 12.4 and when you are talking about track times, usually your not talking stock cars. so go to your local track...... let that 12.4 show up there and then go in the stands and watch, you also will think that is slow..

  5. #25
    USMC Y2K_CAMARO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rocky Point, NC
    Posts
    1,399

    Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    when i was running mid to low 13s i thought 12.4 or slower was slow... im not shitting on him, just a lot of people would laugh at him if he said that that was fast.... it just plain and simple is no longer fast..


    right now im at a 11 flat- high high high 10 N/A H/C.. i think my car is stout, but by no means fast... no where close to fast.. id crap in my car running 13s just as fast as someone else.. and if i were running 12.8 i would have said the same exact thing to him.
    11 flat and high 10's is fast to me, I hope to even break into the 12's when I go to the track again

  6. #26
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    How the fuck cant you think 10.9 isnt fast as fuck? Can any stock car beat that to this date? The veyron maybe? Not thinking 10.9 isnt fast as shit is extremely stupid man. I would literally laugh in someones face if they thought 10 second 1/4 wasnt fast. Now 10 second 1/8 isnt fast. Thats a lil under average I'd say.
    how can i think that a 10.9 pass is fast... have another fbody line up from you and watch them pick the wheels up twice as high and as long as you and then outrun you by a full second and out trap you by 10 miles per hour... i promise you will say "shit, that cars fast"

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO View Post
    11 flat and high 10's is fast to me, I hope to even break into the 12's when I go to the track again
    just because i am at a 11 flat high 10 does not mean i think it is fast.. im not hating on my cars times.. but that to me is not fast, my car is a stout running car.. and granted i can outrun most cars at the track, and in my town every single street car i know of..
    but again, just because i am at this time does not mean it is fast.. when i am at consistent 9 second passes, i will say my car is fast.. until then, shes gettin there..





    again eric....... I AM NOT TALKING STOCK!!!!!!! if you were paying attention and comprehending half the stuff i was saying you would understand i this... i am talking about modded cars.. and when talking about mods.. a 12.4 pass is slow.. period. you need to stop being so aggressive also.

  7. #27
    Member Eric1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    853

    Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

    I never said anything about only running stock either. I am just comparing super cars to your "slow" times. 12.4 is fast regardless of stock or modded. I dont care.

  8. #28
    Wow this thread blew up....I knew that would ruffle up the Mustang guys feathers. I know my car is slow, but it does ok for what I have into it. It was put together with used recycled parts, I only have 6k into the car including what I paid for the car. Feels good when you can romp on Fords flagship GT500 Mustang that costs around 60K...... My car with Drag radials and with it not shifting at the stock shift points it will be in the 11's, which I think is fast for a N/A DD street car. It takes a Supercharger, nitrous or even both to get there with a Mustang.....
    Last edited by Z28_06374; 10-20-2008 at 05:10 PM.

  9. #29
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    sooo..... mustangs suck...

  10. #30
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28_06374 View Post
    My car with Drag radials and with it not shifting at the stock shift points it will be in the 11's, which I think is fast for a N/A DD street car. It takes a Supercharger, nitrous or even both to get there with a Mustang.....
    I personally know someone with an N/A 347 stroker 93' notchback that runs consistant high 10.6's - low 10.7's

    Stock trim is just that, and modding is a whole other world...

    Lemons12...Are you saying that the fact that a bolt on Ls1 can run mid 12's for only a few hundred $$$ isn't impressive, or are you saying that it isn't that fast once one enters the "world" of modding? 12.4 may be slow for a cam or head/cam ls1, but in it's bolt on class, it's pretty impressive. BTW, how many "streetable" or street leagal 9 second cars have you seen? I do agree with you on some points, but definately disagree on others.

  11. #31
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    I personally know someone with an N/A 347 stroker 93' notchback that runs consistant high 10.6's - low 10.7's

    Stock trim is just that, and modding is a whole other world...

    Lemons12...Are you saying that the fact that a bolt on Ls1 can run mid 12's for only a few hundred $$$ isn't impressive, or are you saying that it isn't that fast once one enters the "world" of modding? 12.4 may be slow for a cam or head/cam ls1, but in it's bolt on class, it's pretty impressive. BTW, how many "streetable" or street leagal 9 second cars have you seen? I do agree with you on some points, but definately disagree on others.
    i am not saying i dont think it is impressive what our cars can do when we start modding... what i am saying is when talking about modded cars you cant say well for what i have done im fast... or well if i had a 200 shot on it i would be in the 10s...... its run what you brung... regardless of mods or this or that... period... if you run 12.4 you run 12.4... regardless of mods.. if you have full bolt ons and your runns 12.0 and a guy with a H/C/I car is running 10.7, the guy with the H/C/I car is faster, and more impressive..

    hope that clears up my point....

    ***im not trying to hurt anyones feelings, and im not hating on the guys car that runs 12.4, not at ALL!!!!!!! im just stating my opinion on this subject...

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    I personally know someone with an N/A 347 stroker 93' notchback that runs consistant high 10.6's - low 10.7's


    Thats cool, my friend has a 89 GT with a complete GT-40 long block, paxton @6psi and a 100 shot and only runs mid 12's on ET streets....LOL! Hes like wtf I have tons of money into this thing and you run the same times with bolt ons and street tires. Needless to say hes selling it and getting a f-body.



  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    847

    Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    Yeah, I know, but I couldn't let that comment pass without a reply.
    cant say that I'd blame you. but its not too diffrent, our cars are still Firebirds but I wont get upset if a mustang driver reports that he killed a TA, and then another poster posted that he doesnt report firebird kills anymore.

  14. #34
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28_06374 View Post
    Thats cool, my friend has a 89 GT with a complete GT-40 long block, paxton @6psi and a 100 shot and only runs mid 12's on ET streets....LOL! Hes like wtf I have tons of money into this thing and you run the same times with bolt ons and street tires. Needless to say hes selling it and getting a f-body.


    Click for full size
    This guy has a shit ton of work into his car, and it also has full interior (big .700+ lift solid roller cam helps too haha).

    I also know a guy I went to high school with a guy that has a 347 stroker in his 94 GT, full sospension, not too sure of other specs, but it only runs high 12's...he spent 16k I think...

    I don't hate "all" mustangs, and I especially like fox body stangs, but some people just don't know where to spend their money I guess

  15. #35
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    i am not saying i dont think it is impressive what our cars can do when we start modding... what i am saying is when talking about modded cars you cant say well for what i have done im fast... or well if i had a 200 shot on it i would be in the 10s...... its run what you brung... regardless of mods or this or that... period... if you run 12.4 you run 12.4... regardless of mods.. if you have full bolt ons and your runns 12.0 and a guy with a H/C/I car is running 10.7, the guy with the H/C/I car is faster, and more impressive..

    hope that clears up my point....

    ***im not trying to hurt anyones feelings, and im not hating on the guys car that runs 12.4, not at ALL!!!!!!! im just stating my opinion on this subject...
    I do agree, but to a point. When you break it down into categories, (stock, bolts ons, cam only, H/C, N20, m6, a4, etc, etc) fast is fast. You're pretty much comparing apples to oranges.

    On the ther hand, if you talk shit and and think your car is all that and a bag of potato chips (don't go there girlfriend ) when you run low 12's, obviously you're a tool, and you are going to get owned by someone with a much faster car.

  16. #36
    Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    897

    Red
    1999 Trans Am

    Fast is MPH

    Quick is times, so why arent you talking about QUICK cars.......

    Fail IMO

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    A lot of Mustangs like mine are faster than that. If you know how to drive, his 12.4 is what a Mustang like mine runs stock.



    Show me were you have seen a stock cobra run a 12.4 on street tires...or even on drag radials. Pull the sc belt ,then lets see what it really can do... We all know what happens when a sc or turbo is slapped onto on a ls1.

  18. #38
    Member mogs01gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    37
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by Z28_06374 View Post
    Thats cool, my friend has a 89 GT with a complete GT-40 long block, paxton @6psi and a 100 shot and only runs mid 12's on ET streets....LOL! Hes like wtf I have tons of money into this thing and you run the same times with bolt ons and street tires. Needless to say hes selling it and getting a f-body.
    Click for full size
    His car is royal fucked up. I know fox bodies with a simple single turbo setup running mid to high 10s on stock bottom ends, stock intake with 185 heads.

    That Mustang in this video was pathetic, that car sure didnt seem like it had any mods done.

  19. #39
    Speed Racer 99 Kobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    209

    White
    '04 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28_06374 View Post
    Show me were you have seen a stock cobra run a 12.4 on street tires...or even on drag radials. Pull the sc belt ,then lets see what it really can do... We all know what happens when a sc or turbo is slapped onto on a ls1.
    They run that fast in Southern California. I doubt that you have much to run against in Connecticut. You don't just "slap" a sc or turbo on a car. There's a lot more to it than that to do it right.
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

  20. #40
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    Fast is MPH

    Quick is times, so why arent you talking about QUICK cars.......

    Fail IMO
    Wahh, lets cry over verbiage

    1/4 mile times are (obviously) measured in MPH, and, oh look at that, (elapsed) TIME!!! MPH gives you an accurate measurment of your elapsed time, and something to guage it against.

    Do F1, NASCAR, NHRA, or road race events measure the winner by MPH...? That's right, I didn't think so

    Good try though!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Evo vs my Stang
    By Crimson Sin in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 05:56 PM
  2. Stang Up!
    By TempleU_WS6 in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 04:43 AM
  3. 04 C5 vs S/C stang
    By Danger731 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 01:09 PM
  4. First Stang.....and second!
    By Arrison24 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 11:56 AM
  5. Me vs SVT Stang..
    By Crimson Sin in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 02:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •