Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

my stock ta vs 500hp foxbody

The other night i am riding with my fiance and on a nice strip i see this foxbody stang so i catch up. We were playing around with each other and so i put it in third from fourth and let her our a little and he started to pull on me a little. Ahead we hit a light and he asked if i had any work done to it. Then we proceeded to tell me that he had a 500 hp stroker motor. Don't get me wrong it sounded nice although the body could use some work. But we both knew that when that light hit we were going. I got it out of the hole pretty good and was pulling pretty hard, only turning it over at about 4200rpm, i had him all the way through third by at least a car and then i shut her down. I don't know if that guy was just talking game but it was nice to shut him down. It was a nice defeat for f-bodies everywhere. maybe his car was made for the back half of the track but for 500 hp he should have walked all over me.

Quote Originally Posted by egod View Post
    The other night i am riding with my fiance and on a nice strip i see this foxbody stang so i catch up. We were playing around with each other and so i put it in third from fourth and let her our a little and he started to pull on me a little. Ahead we hit a light and he asked if i had any work done to it. Then we proceeded to tell me that he had a 500 hp stroker motor. Don't get me wrong it sounded nice although the body could use some work. But we both knew that when that light hit we were going. I got it out of the hole pretty good and was pulling pretty hard, only turning it over at about 4200rpm, i had him all the way through third by at least a car and then i shut her down. I don't know if that guy was just talking game but it was nice to shut him down. It was a nice defeat for f-bodies everywhere. maybe his car was made for the back half of the track but for 500 hp he should have walked all over me.
    He obviously didn't have 500hp.

Good kill.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    He obviously didn't have 500hp.

Good kill.
    nope--- i know one kid around here that did ALL the bolt ons he could to his 5.0, added up all the numbers and proceeded to tell everyone he had around400hp

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

not 500, maybe 250rwhp at most, good kill

rice..a growing epidemic PAT-LS101's Avatar

blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

those fox bodys are nice but they sound a look alot meaner than they actually are there was a guy at the local track with a cam and heads 5.0 mustang the thing was stripped down only have the drivers seat in it and was only turning 12.3-12.5....
    1999 Camaro Z28 w/ sports appearance package & optional 3.23 rear gears - SLP lid, custom Diablo tune. BEST 1/4 MILE TIME W/O MODS: 13.4 @ 102mph. NEW TIMES SOON!

2002 Camaro Z28 - Stall, gears, exhaust, tuned 12.3 @ 111mph SOLD

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    nope--- i know one kid around here that did ALL the bolt ons he could to his 5.0, added up all the numbers and proceeded to tell everyone he had around400hp
    maybe on a 150 shot LMFAO
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

No way he was making 500

primer grey
    1990 fox mustang gt

Quote Originally Posted by PAT-LS101 View Post
    those fox bodys are nice but they sound a look alot meaner than they actually are there was a guy at the local track with a cam and heads 5.0 mustang the thing was stripped down only have the drivers seat in it and was only turning 12.3-12.5....
    just saying he had cam and heads doesnt say much....a lot of guys use the gt40 and gt40p heads from 5.0 explorers outa junkyards....those times would be about right for that setup....i have seen 270+ rwhp guys with just those heads and intake from the explorer and a decent cam....not bad for junkyard parts and 302 ci

Black
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by PAT-LS101 View Post
    I agree with you, they can sound pretty mean. Most HCI 5.0's are fighting to hit 300hp and many fall short of that.

Thread Information