Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

My STOCK SS vs. Termi :) not impressed

This is a discussion on My STOCK SS vs. Termi :) not impressed within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by LGT Guru Lol a stick with soem decent rubber and a good driver can contend with a ...

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    Lol a stick with soem decent rubber and a good driver can contend with a stalled a4 with decent rubber. A 5500rpm launch with a m6 is no joke
    The chances of grabbing traction on a 5500-rpm launch on DECENT (i'm assuming street tires) is a looooooong shot. I've seen a stall knock almost 4 tenths off of my cousins completely stock '96 SS. A stall and good tires is tough to beat. I'd put my money on a stalled A4 anyday over a comparably matched M6. Anyday.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

You take a stalled auto, I'll take a 9" or 12 bolt M6 and its going to be some what fair. I did my 5200 on street tires (GS-D3's) but put slicks on with that type of rear and its anyones ball game. Both have there pros both have there cons. I do agree with a M6 your not going to get a 5200 and up dump everytime, that is were the A4's consistently are quicker on the track, because they are consistant. Now take a M6 vs. A4 drifting, the M6 will murder it. Different strokes for different folks, is well said. I have ridden in a stalled auto, it was really fun. He was also spraying which was my first and only sprayed car ride.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Lol, street tires=M/T drag radials is what i was rocking and with irs i could do 4500rpm dumps and grab good most of the time. Im sure if were to switch to live axle 5k rpms dumps on drag radials which are street tires technically is doable time and time again. Yes i have seen as big as .6 off 1/4 times with just a stall. An a4 stalled with drag radials is a good race against a m6 with drag radials and rear end that can handle abuse. There is no doubt a4s are consistent, but it becomes to easy. Anthing under 800rwhp i will take a m6 anyday. As far as drifting goes, you should have bought another car if you wanna be a drift racer lol.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Why, its fun to drift. Plus rear wheel drive is the best to drift. The GTO dominated often in the drift circuit when it was introduced. Just because silly ricers dominate the sport now doesn't mean us American muscle can't beat them at their own game, and then some.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I do agree with a M6 your not going to get a 5200 and up dump everytime, that is were the A4's consistently are quicker on the track, because they are consistant.
    Yes they are.

Lol, street tires=M/T drag radials is what i was rocking and with irs i could do 4500rpm dumps and grab good most of the time. Im sure if were to switch to live axle 5k rpms dumps on drag radials which are street tires technically is doable time and time again. Yes i have seen as big as .6 off 1/4 times with just a stall. An a4 stalled with drag radials is a good race against a m6 with drag radials and rear end that can handle abuse. There is no doubt a4s are consistent, but it becomes to easy. Anthing under 800rwhp i will take a m6 anyday. As far as drifting goes, you should have bought another car if you wanna be a drift racer lol.
    I guess you use the word 'decent' loosely, as the guy below you was speaking of launching at 5200-rpm on street tires. And if I ran something @ the 800whp mark, and I wanted to consistantly win races, an auto would be the only way to go. Period. I run 11.2's, and i've beaten numerous M6 cars that made more power than me. And what's wrong with it being easy?

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Why, its fun to drift. Plus rear wheel drive is the best to drift. The GTO dominated often in the drift circuit when it was introduced. Just because silly ricers dominate the sport now doesn't mean us American muscle can't beat them at their own game, and then some.

I like getting my car sideways as much as the next guy but as far as drift racing goes my friends 307rwhp 2800lbs 240sx was far superior to my 3500lbs 350rwhp Trans Am. I had a a4 for my first f-body and like i said it became to easy and therefore more boring.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I like getting my car sideways as much as the next guy but as far as drift racing goes my friends 307rwhp 2800lbs 240sx was far superior to my 3500lbs 350rwhp Trans Am. I had a a4 for my first f-body and like i said it became to easy and therefore more boring.
    Power to weight was the problem, H/C/FI your f-body and weight reduction and that SX is done. Don't get me wrong, I am no drift pro, I just like to try. My thought " there is always someone faster ". I agree with the boring part. I didn't buy my car to be a all out racer at the track, I bought it to have fun. I have owned auto's and they are not as fun as a manual in my opinion. Plus most racing is done on the street unfortunitly and on the street the M6 has a roll advantage. Everyone has their opinion, some love auto's and are fun to them, just not me. What is sad is people that don't learn to drive manuals and jump on the auto bandwagon. My old man told me when I first learned to drive, " if you can drive a manual, you can drive anything".

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

But, before I get I am in no way implying that A4's are junk, or not as fun. They are great cars, just not for me.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Lol drifting isnt about power, unlike drag racing you can have too much power in a drift car. And i too do almost all my racing on the street and probably 80% of the races are from rolls. His 240 was rebuilt this winter and is making almost 580rwhp out of a 2.4liter 4 cylinder. It has a 50 shot just to spool the turbo when he wants to get it sideways quick. The f-bodys arent good as drift cars IMO

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Have you seen the drift mustangs. They I believe are pushing around 720 rwhp, not 100 percent sure. Of course they are different then a F-Body. I also think cars that are set up for drifting have the front wheels turn more then your average car.
    Last edited by blackSS01; 04-16-2008 at 01:39 PM.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

720rwhp isnt too much for driftng, but with a H/C/ forced induction f-body you could be making too much is what i meant. 700 or so is about the max hp i would put on a drift car. In drag racing 3000hp isnt too much lol

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I agree with every part of your statement.

10's N/A

What is sad is people that don't learn to drive manuals and jump on the auto bandwagon. My old man told me when I first learned to drive, " if you can drive a manual, you can drive anything".
    I can drive the hell out an M6. I took my stock '97 SS M6 to a 13.59/104.7, and been mid-11's in a '95 T/A M6 as well. Out of the 8 F-bodies i've owned, only 3 were A4's. I love sticks, they are gobs of fun. But when I wan't consistant quick times, it's A4 for me.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    I can drive the hell out an M6. I took my stock '97 SS M6 to a 13.59/104.7, and been mid-11's in a '95 T/A M6 as well. Out of the 8 F-bodies i've owned, only 3 were A4's. I love sticks, they are gobs of fun. But when I wan't consistant quick times, it's A4 for me.
    Sorry, I wasn't implying that you can't. I was just stating that it is sad if someone can't drive a manual of any kind just because they are too lazy or don't want to learn.

10's N/A

Sorry, I wasn't implying that you can't. I was just stating that it is sad if someone can't drive a manual of any kind just because they are too lazy or don't want to learn.
    I know what you mean. Like it's that freakin' hard to learn.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Im not a sexist or anything but it has been my expirence that girls are harder to teach stick to. Sure there are those girls who just seem to pick up on things like that fast but the majority seems not to. I have taught like 10 of my male friends and about 5 girls how to drive stick. The girls always seemed to take longer to get the hang of things, plus it seems that when they make a mistake such as wrong gear or when you dont work the pedals right and the car shakes a bit they freak out and always seem to kill the car or i have to remind them to push in the clutch and its like neutral lol.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Im not a sexist or anything but it has been my expirence that girls are harder to teach stick to. Sure there are those girls who just seem to pick up on things like that fast but the majority seems not to. I have taught like 10 of my male friends and about 5 girls how to drive stick. The girls always seemed to take longer to get the hang of things, plus it seems that when they make a mistake such as wrong gear or when you dont work the pedals right and the car shakes a bit they freak out and always seem to kill the car or i have to remind them to push in the clutch and its like neutral lol.
    Boy did we : this.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Well noone else has had anything to say about cobras in forever lol

10's N/A

Well noone else has had anything to say about cobras in forever lol
    LOL.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Do terminators have the mustang in the grill?

(someone had to get it back on track!)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information