Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

My STOCK SS vs. Termi :) not impressed

This is a discussion on My STOCK SS vs. Termi :) not impressed within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by blackSS01 A LT and dual exhaust LS1 shouldn't run 13.5's. I agree. That's like...slower than stock!...

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    A LT and dual exhaust LS1 shouldn't run 13.5's.
    I agree. That's like...slower than stock!

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Yep, lots of sand and salt on us northern state roads. Lanes could easily be different. And if he can drive then he needs to fix whatever is wrong with his car. Modded like that and running that slow proves the car has issues. A LT and dual exhaust LS1 shouldn't run 13.5's. Stock they should run faster like low 13's.
    We were at about 1000' up if ya'd like to take that into account but i agree - only the other handful of ls1s out that night were, in some cases, running low 14's. Nobody was very modded but my '00 auto with like a lid was about the fastest ls1 out there. There was a stalled auto SS with an ls6 intake that was a vert running high 12's now that i recall though, but i think he had full bolt-ons. A guy in an M6 WS6 with volant intake and exhaust (at least) left after his first pass when he ran like a 14.3 or some shit.

Whatever tho im done explaining.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Yep, lots of sand and salt on us northern state roads. Lanes could easily be different. And if he can drive then he needs to fix whatever is wrong with his car. Modded like that and running that slow proves the car has issues. A LT and dual exhaust LS1 shouldn't run 13.5's. Stock they should run faster like low 13's.
    TD with LTs should be high 12s...

Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    We were at about 1000' up if ya'd like to take that into account but i agree - only the other handful of ls1s out that night were, in some cases, running low 14's. Nobody was very modded but my '00 auto with like a lid was about the fastest ls1 out there. There was a stalled auto SS with an ls6 intake that was a vert running high 12's now that i recall though, but i think he had full bolt-ons. A guy in an M6 WS6 with volant intake and exhaust (at least) left after his first pass when he ran like a 14.3 or some shit.

Whatever tho im done explaining.

wtf i was at 13 flat with my 98 3.23s... Lid and SLP LM.... stalled camaro with full bolt ons running high 12s? whats up with this...... stalled with headers would put you mid to high 12s..

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Wow.

Long thread.
    Someone want to update me on the current arguement?
    Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    M6 vs. A4.

The Cobra topic has been forgotten.

lmao.. somewhat..... not even that.. just saying a4s arent dogs.. niether are m6s.. more of an arguement of an m6 turning sub 1.7s with a cam only car..

Black
    2001 Camaro z28

OP sounds like a fantasy.

30mph 1st gear redline? did you have it in low range 4x4? LOL

1st gear redline in my M6 is about 45-50mph

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by random-strike View Post
    OP sounds like a fantasy.

30mph 1st gear redline? did you have it in low range 4x4? LOL

1st gear redline in my M6 is about 45-50mph
    fantasy? why the hell would i lie about my redlines? i thought that was stock anyways. . . apparently not. ill get a pic of rpms and speed in 1st and second gear.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    lmao.. somewhat..... not even that.. just saying a4s arent dogs.. niether are m6s.. more of an arguement of an m6 turning sub 1.7s with a cam only car..
    Yeah man, if anyone says A4's are dogs...they have never been in a stalled A4.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    fantasy? why the hell would i lie about my redlines? i thought that was stock anyways. . . apparently not. ill get a pic of rpms and speed in 1st and second gear.
    You don't have to prove anything about your gears. It is stupid to think you would LIE about that lol. Mod that bad boy up and start telling us about you killing modded Terminators!!

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

I've owned two A4's, one being an LT1 and the other an LS1. I now have a M6. I loved my 98 TA A4, but love the M6 as well. First time at the track with no mods, I was already postin faster times than my modded A4. You start talkin stalls, thats a whole nother ballgame. Just goes to show, different strokes for different folks. One thing about it, we're all in the LSx family, lol.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I hope I race my first terminator friday or sunday... yup I'm going racing... wish me luck

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

sooo apparently i have 3.90 gears with my a4...
    hmmmm
    no wonder it seemed a little faster than i thought it should be.
    7camaro7 i wanna hear about it!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    I've owned two A4's, one being an LT1 and the other an LS1. I now have a M6. I loved my 98 TA A4, but love the M6 as well. First time at the track with no mods, I was already postin faster times than my modded A4. You start talkin stalls, thats a whole nother ballgame. Just goes to show, different strokes for different folks. One thing about it, we're all in the LSx family, lol.
    I one hundred and ten percent agree. Both have there pros, both have there cons. Nothing to bitch about. We should all be fortunate that GM built the car we drive.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    sooo apparently i have 3.90 gears with my a4...
    hmmmm
    no wonder it seemed a little faster than i thought it should be.
    7camaro7 i wanna hear about it!
    me and one of my ls1 buddies on here kinda have a rivalry going on. He's got a 1999 ta with ws6 hood, egr!, cats!, kn filter, lid, catback, and I've got a huge list, but mine has the added weight of being convertible. Also he's an auto. his best now is 8.41 in the 1/8th. I'm going to shatter it! So far my best is 8.52. since then I've done the ported and polished tb, and a catback. My catback counts as better flow and weight reduction. I'm taking the belt back!(wwf talk) I'm the champ and that's how it's going to be!

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    me and one of my ls1 buddies on here kinda have a rivalry going on. He's got a 1999 ta with ws6 hood, egr!, cats!, kn filter, lid, catback, and I've got a huge list, but mine has the added weight of being convertible. Also he's an auto. his best now is 8.41 in the 1/8th. I'm going to shatter it! So far my best is 8.52. since then I've done the ported and polished tb, and a catback. My catback counts as better flow and weight reduction. I'm taking the belt back!(wwf talk) I'm the champ and that's how it's going to be!
    whats that about in the 1/4 mile?

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    IMO, a stall should be the first thing you do to an A4 car. That's all you need to bridge the gap between the M6's. I've murdered M6's with my stalled A4's. It's always the other auto cars that i'm worried about.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

a stalled auto with some decent rubber and the m6 is dead

i drive a m6 so im not partial or anything

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Lol a stick with soem decent rubber and a good driver can contend with a stalled a4 with decent rubber. A 5500rpm launch with a m6 is no joke

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    Lol a stick with soem decent rubber and a good driver can contend with a stalled a4 with decent rubber. A 5500rpm launch with a m6 is no joke
    Yup, I have gotten my car to hook off a 5200 rpm dump. Thought the whole rear car was going to break (ie, rear end). Also felt like the front tires came off the ground, but they didn't. Not many stalled autos at the time are going to beat me on that run unless they were modded more. BOTH CAN BEAT BOTH AT ANY GIVEN TIME. Of course a modded and stalled auto is going to beat a stock m6. ITS STOCK. If people would quit bitching, both are great cars, just a preference of what you want.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

The first time i launched my 500+rwhp supra at 5,000rpms all i kept thinking was dont break, dont break, DONT BREAK lol

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread Information