Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

My STOCK SS vs. Termi :) not impressed

This is a discussion on My STOCK SS vs. Termi :) not impressed within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; I don't get enough track time, to really perfect mine. I only get about 10 passes a year if that ...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I don't get enough track time, to really perfect mine. I only get about 10 passes a year if that so I still am a little inconsistant. That and everytime I go I have different mods doesn't help either. This next time I go I will have new clutch, flywheel, and tranny mount let alone some other stuff. But thats alright

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I'm still working on a sub 2.0 60'!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Me to, best I ever got was a 2.0. Thats with full 32 lbs in the rear tires and on street tires. Don't want to go any sticker with my tires and mods for the little 10 bolt to blow up 10 bolt

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Thats because he didn't know how to drive. Not trying to battle A4 to M6 but your car stock would have no chance against that car if he could drive it. M6's are a bit harder to lauch then an auto. But either way, a win is a win.
    no chance?? theres not that big of a difference...

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    I'm pretty good at launching mine... I get 2.1 and below 60's all the time now. You just have to get used to it.
    1.91 just about every pass.. heat lapped she did some 1.94s... that was stock, also with SHITTY street tires..

Me to, best I ever got was a 2.0. Thats with full 32 lbs in the rear tires and on street tires. Don't want to go any sticker with my tires and mods for the little 10 bolt to blow up 10 bolt
    you just proved my point.. in DRAG RACING (especially in the 1/8).. A4s are better.. period.. stock for stock.. its driver........... but stalled.. haha.. ive yet to see another ls1 with similar mods as me pull anything lower than a 1.7...

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

so whats up 7cam7 you coming to the track next sunday??? get some boys to come with you...... or you scared....

haha.. j/k man, you should really come

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Ahhhh, there are plenty of M6's pulling 1.6xx and in the 60' just because I can't doesn't mean it cant be done. Thats an ignorant statement. Like I said, my track experience isn't the greatest and since the track is almost 40 years old and is never preped that might make a difference too. Read my statements all the way thru, on STREET TIRES AND FULL PRESSURE. With my GS-D3's with 22 lbs was able to dump the clutch at 5200 rpms with pretty much no spin out on this newly made road by my area. Thought the front tires came off the ground, all my buddies were in shock, couldn't believe it could be done. A4's are def. more consistant I will give you that, but a good track, good driver, and a M6 can def give you a run for your money. Wish I could have got a 60' time for my dump, I would think maybe a 1.5 or lower, best launch ever in my car. Only did it twice and so far my rear has held. Once I get my new rear end and slicks or drag radials its a whole new game for me.
    Last edited by blackSS01; 04-11-2008 at 01:24 PM.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Ahhhh, there are plenty of M6's pulling 1.6xx and in the 60' just because I can't doesn't mean it cant be done. Thats an ignorant statement. Like I said, my track experience isn't the greatest and since the track is almost 40 years old and is never preped that might make a difference too. Read my statements all the way thru, on STREET TIRES AND FULL PRESSURE. With my GS-D3's with 22 lbs was able to dump the clutch at 5200 rpms with pretty much no spin out on this newly made road by my area. Thought the front tires came off the ground, all my buddies were in shock, couldn't believe it could be done. A4's are def. more consistant I will give you that, but a good track, good driver, and a M6 can def give you a run for your money. Wish I could have got a 60' time for my dump, I would think maybe a 1.5 or lower, best launch ever in my car. Only did it twice and so far my rear has held. Once I get my new rear end and slicks or drag radials its a whole new game for me.
    not many pulling .6's.. i was just shooting that up.. you know any with similar mods as me pulling 1.5s?? i doubt that.. i love the given right trakck right driver right day right car... lol.. take an a4 put it out there.. its gonna turn the same almost every pass...

a4s are without a doubt more consistent.. and yes m6s with similar mods at the track given those circumstances could give a stalled a4 a RUN FOR ITS MONEY.. but most people arent that lucky.. so the a4s is usually on top

*** dont get me wrong.. if i didnt race mine.. i would DEF!!!!! have an m6...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I pretty much agree with everything you said in that last post. With mods it is anyones ball game. But if you are into hardcore dragging, then you can beat a A4, more consistant. I really wish there was a better track around my area but they are all shit.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    so whats up 7cam7 you coming to the track next sunday??? get some boys to come with you...... or you scared....

haha.. j/k man, you should really come
    The only thing I'm SScared of is the rain! I hope there will be some people there on street tires because that's all I've got.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post

you start that name calling shit because you havent nothing productive to say.....i get it.
    blah blah blah things happen on the street....what could happen to 55 mph that makes any kind of difference?? not only do i not believe it for several reasons, but why does it matter in the first place? i have read the 0-60 is where its at and the 60 foot at the track is where its at and this and that. doesnt mean anything. the cobra would own, and probably did own, even if, like you said, he "spun". he could dump the clutch and roast em all he wants, the ss has a weight disadvantage, a horspower handicap, and apparently a blacked out windshield that obstructs vision of the road ahead and the car to the side.

great if it did happen but it was a worthless story with almost no credibility and any and all arguments you make in its defense will be swiftly retorted with the same one disproving it. you werent there either...try and remember your own words.

and a different suface on one side of the road???? give me a break man.

keep it coming.

okay whatever, you're right and i am wrong. i am just trying to say that you dont have to call bs because it is not probable on paper. shit i lost to a gtp one time because i lit the tires up, it was a 15mph punch, the kid thought he was a badass cuz he beat a z28. i do remember my own words. also have you never seen a road that had a different surface on the other lane?

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

The only thing I'm SScared of is the rain! I hope there will be some people there on street tires because that's all I've got.
    theres plenty of people there on street tires.. ive only seen one other ls1 on radials and he was cammed and spraying and only one stock GT on radials.. of course theres a lot of drag cars.... but for the normal people driving their car to the track almost all of them are on street tires... i got an extra set of BGF's... just no rims to put them on for you.. im using my extra set of rims for mine..

theres going to be a ton of people in your class, but with your mods.. you should be in the very fastest of your class.. dont forget to bring some friends!

i dont think it is going to rain... but you never know..

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    theres plenty of people there on street tires.. ive only seen one other ls1 on radials and he was cammed and spraying and only one stock GT on radials.. of course theres a lot of drag cars.... but for the normal people driving their car to the track almost all of them are on street tires... i got an extra set of BGF's... just no rims to put them on for you.. im using my extra set of rims for mine..

theres going to be a ton of people in your class, but with your mods.. you should be in the very fastest of your class.. dont forget to bring some friends!

i dont think it is going to rain... but you never know..
    Thanks a lot for the offer on the slicks man, I just don't feel like having to get a new rear end right now hahaha. I'll run my street tires and I should be fine. As long as I get my take offs right and nail those shift points I'll be fine. The only reason I'd need them is for a better 60 anyways. I've never raced in classes before. I've only run on test and tune nights at the track. Do they let you get some warm up runs in? I'll need them because off the bat I don't know how sticky the track will be and I'll need to run atleast once to feel it. I'm trying to get some guys out.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    okay whatever, you're right and i am wrong. i am just trying to say that you dont have to call bs because it is not probable on paper. shit i lost to a gtp one time because i lit the tires up, it was a 15mph punch, the kid thought he was a badass cuz he beat a z28. i do remember my own words. also have you never seen a road that had a different surface on the other lane?
    nope. not really. usually when they pave a road they tend to get the same type of asphalt for both lanes going one direction.

its a world full of opinions my friend....i had mine, and it was something not directed at you, yet you blow in all big and bad and say im a fool. i had my opinion, i rationalized it. enough said. still cant see it happening, and since you brought it up....i cant see how you spinning at 15 is going to make that much of a difference against a gtp. i guess it was on one of those streets with the left lane thats asphalt and the right lane thats gravel.....

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

I would put my money on this guy over just about anybody. he spends all of his time with cars and bikes and he does a good job driving - not to say he can't be bested but he's no novice and he was putting down better 60 times than my automatic at like 2.0 and on his 13.5 run he hit a 1.8something if I recall correctly. my car was acting beastly, putting up higher mph numbers than him on like 2.1 and 2.2 60 times. we never actually got to line them up either. that's why I was so proud of my auto. and btw that track sucks so bad I used to have spin issues with my mid 15 sec (before n2o) v6 firebird so those 60 times are pretty impressive for the time even if they aren't in the 1.6xx range.

Thats because he didn't know how to drive. Not trying to battle A4 to M6 but your car stock would have no chance against that car if he could drive it. M6's are a bit harder to lauch then an auto. But either way, a win is a win.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Thanks a lot for the offer on the slicks man, I just don't feel like having to get a new rear end right now hahaha. I'll run my street tires and I should be fine. As long as I get my take offs right and nail those shift points I'll be fine. The only reason I'd need them is for a better 60 anyways. I've never raced in classes before. I've only run on test and tune nights at the track. Do they let you get some warm up runs in? I'll need them because off the bat I don't know how sticky the track will be and I'll need to run atleast once to feel it. I'm trying to get some guys out.
    its cool man.. i understand... but if it does go. just gives you anoither chance to m od...

nope. not really. usually when they pave a road they tend to get the same type of asphalt for both lanes going one direction.

its a world full of opinions my friend....i had mine, and it was something not directed at you, yet you blow in all big and bad and say im a fool. i had my opinion, i rationalized it. enough said. still cant see it happening, and since you brought it up....i cant see how you spinning at 15 is going to make that much of a difference against a gtp. i guess it was on one of those streets with the left lane thats asphalt and the right lane thats gravel.....
    well in his defense if he spun and gave him the hit.. and was bone stock... it would take a second to catch back up.. but he said the gtp was modded i think?? idk.. should still kill it...

Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    I would put my money on this guy over just about anybody. he spends all of his time with cars and bikes and he does a good job driving - not to say he can't be bested but he's no novice and he was putting down better 60 times than my automatic at like 2.0 and on his 13.5 run he hit a 1.8something if I recall correctly. my car was acting beastly, putting up higher mph numbers than him on like 2.1 and 2.2 60 times. we never actually got to line them up either. that's why I was so proud of my auto. and btw that track sucks so bad I used to have spin issues with my mid 15 sec (before n2o) v6 firebird so those 60 times are pretty impressive for the time even if they aren't in the 1.6xx range.
    lol put money on him.. i also own my car and an f4i.. stock i was running 13.1s and 13 flat.. 60 foot was 1.9.. i never said a stock car could do it.. i didnt even say a modded one could do it.. but it is VERY VERY rare to see a cam only ls1 m6 turning sub 1.7 60 foot times.. in a4 ls1s, its expected. hell stall and tires on one and an a4 would do it..... also come to think of it.. i dont see very many, if any at all cam only ls1 m6s pulling the tires off the ground......

as far as the firebird comment.. i had a 99 3.8l, it ran like mid 10s in the 1/8.... it spun worse than my trans am..... both on street tires, so that means absolutely nothing...

again i say... mod for mod an m6 is NO match for a stalled auto.. period. this is nothing to argue about. its been said and proven time and time again...

7cam7 is hopefully going to come to the track next weekend... he will tell you about my groups a4 dogs.......... hahaha thatd be funny..

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

hahaha I know, I just don't want to speed up the process since I'm broke... I got some new pics up on my fquick at the end of the slide show of some of my buddies cars. I took these shots tonight. my camera sucks, but works so I guess that's a good thing

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Wow.

Long thread.
    Someone want to update me on the current arguement?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

M6 vs. A4.

The Cobra topic has been forgotten.

FUGLY CBR1000RR rider.com

Black n Black
    04 Dodge Ram 07 CBR1000RR

Not to take sides, but I've seen numerous roads where one side is asphalt and the other is like shitty concrete or torn up with pot holes while the other is smooth.. just lettin you know

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Yep, lots of sand and salt on us northern state roads. Lanes could easily be different. And if he can drive then he needs to fix whatever is wrong with his car. Modded like that and running that slow proves the car has issues. A LT and dual exhaust LS1 shouldn't run 13.5's. Stock they should run faster like low 13's.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information