Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 212

My STOCK SS vs. Termi :) not impressed

This is a discussion on My STOCK SS vs. Termi :) not impressed within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by ATCharming that thing ALMOST caught up with me from a 20 roll. by 100 he was a ...

  1. #101
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    that thing ALMOST caught up with me from a 20 roll. by 100 he was a wayyys back, but for a bit, he was only like a car back
    gtps are stout outta the hole.. but fall flat on their face after 40 or 50..

    Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    think so? I think it's possible.

    unless driver error on your part.. yes you woud..

  2. #102
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Sorry to tell you, but I know of not one peron who's LS1 auto is still STOCK. My brothers '98 A4 produces over 700-rear-wheel, and everyone else is...well...NOT STOCK.

    Sorry I couldn't be of any assistance
    cool man. im glad you know all sorts of cool people who arent stock anymore. thats fantastic, and really serves your reputation well as the guy who knows people whos ls1 cars arent stock. im sure your brothers car is a beast, but its irrelevant

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    come on... anytime.. bring your bottle..
    :
    no nitrous for me, it just doesnt suit me. but i will come up and run for sure

    Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    you're a fool. yes anything can happen on the street. what if the cobra spun because the road was a different surface on that side. since i said that i guess i'm not a car enthusiast, damn guess i should stop doing everything im doing then. saying that different things dont happen on the street should rasie a flag that you are ignorant. i am not gonna call him a liar, why would he get on here and make up a story huh? and yeah i screw with people in first gear, if i'm on a 30mph road i am not gonna go running thru the gears to beat someone, i am just messing around with em
    you start that name calling shit because you havent nothing productive to say.....i get it.
    blah blah blah things happen on the street....what could happen to 55 mph that makes any kind of difference?? not only do i not believe it for several reasons, but why does it matter in the first place? i have read the 0-60 is where its at and the 60 foot at the track is where its at and this and that. doesnt mean anything. the cobra would own, and probably did own, even if, like you said, he "spun". he could dump the clutch and roast em all he wants, the ss has a weight disadvantage, a horspower handicap, and apparently a blacked out windshield that obstructs vision of the road ahead and the car to the side.

    great if it did happen but it was a worthless story with almost no credibility and any and all arguments you make in its defense will be swiftly retorted with the same one disproving it. you werent there either...try and remember your own words.

    and a different suface on one side of the road???? give me a break man.

    keep it coming.

  3. #103
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    hey lemons....where in tennessee are you located. my mom lives in nashville. i would go over to memphis to run because if memory serves me right nashville only has an 1/8 mile track. let me know.

  4. #104
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    u guys are getting so worked up about my story, as if im asking for money, or begging for approval. so i bragged a little, get the fuck over it

  5. #105
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    no nitrous for me, it just doesnt suit me. but i will come up and run for sure

    me niether.. what you running?

  6. #106
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    hey lemons....where in tennessee are you located. my mom lives in nashville. i would go over to memphis to run because if memory serves me right nashville only has an 1/8 mile track. let me know.
    im on the AL TN line... about an hour and a half from nash.. nash doesnt have a track that i know of.. and memphis is a loong drive.. i would either go to Chattanooga TN or >>>>huntsville AL<<<<<....

    Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    u guys are getting so worked up about my story, as if im asking for money, or begging for approval. so i bragged a little, get the fuck over it
    because they didnt see it dude.. who cares. some people understood that you know at a track with only you in your car and only the cobra owner in his.. that you would get murdered.. and that you were happy for some ODD reason you won against a cobra to 55 and only 55 because of traffic.... which i am almost 100 percent positive that EVERYONE who street races has had to stop before they wanted to because of traffic wether it be 55 30 or 150.......

  7. #107
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...36#post1416336

    go to last page.. i whored a small bit..

  8. #108
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    im on the AL TN line... about an hour and a half from nash.. nash doesnt have a track that i know of.. and memphis is a loong drive.. i would either go to Chattanooga TN or >>>>huntsville AL<<<<<....



    because they didnt see it dude.. who cares. some people understood that you know at a track with only you in your car and only the cobra owner in his.. that you would get murdered.. and that you were happy for some ODD reason you won against a cobra to 55 and only 55 because of traffic.... which i am almost 100 percent positive that EVERYONE who street races has had to stop before they wanted to because of traffic wether it be 55 30 or 150.......
    its not like i stopped at 55 cuz i wanted to
    maybe he had a bad launch, maybe i do have more agressive gears like 3.90s... also, since it was from a dig and a short sprint, the passengers in the rear probly helped me get power to the ground. i have noticed that i can launch much higher rpms. i can barely spin the tires at all with passengers in the back, its odd that it would make such a difference.

    so lets say it was a little mix of luck, aggressive gears, a good launch for me, and a shitty cobra driver, for an ss to beat a cobra in a really short sprint. i wasnt making a huge deal out of it, but some ppl here are...
    not a big deal, but i figured worth a post. if u dont think its worth a post, then dont bother responding.

  9. #109
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    I agree people are getting way to worked up about this story. Maybe he is telling the truth, maybe he isn't, either way its his story to tell not everyone elses. We all enjoy the same type of car so why get panties in a bunch. Its not the end of the world. Anything can happen on the street, more power is not the best power, only thing that matters is traction. You can have 1000 hp but if it isn't getting to the street then its junk. And with the ILL winter like my good old WI, the road surface does matter, we have salt and sand everywhere. All it takes is a little sand and bam, your done. Good job AT, I see what you are trying to say and I respect that. Termi are a tough car and you didn't dog them in any way, you are like me, a race is a good race win or lose, your happy to play the game.

  10. #110
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I agree people are getting way to worked up about this story. Maybe he is telling the truth, maybe he isn't, either way its his story to tell not everyone elses. We all enjoy the same type of car so why get panties in a bunch. Its not the end of the world. Anything can happen on the street, more power is not the best power, only thing that matters is traction. You can have 1000 hp but if it isn't getting to the street then its junk. And with the ILL winter like my good old WI, the road surface does matter, we have salt and sand everywhere. All it takes is a little sand and bam, your done. Good job AT, I see what you are trying to say and I respect that. Termi are a tough car and you didn't dog them in any way, you are like me, a race is a good race win or lose, your happy to play the game.

  11. #111
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6


  12. #112
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    me niether.. what you running?
    im on the AL TN line... about an hour and a half from nash.. nash doesnt have a track that i know of.. and memphis is a loong drive.. i would either go to Chattanooga TN or >>>>huntsville AL<<<<<....
    [/QUOTE]

    i ran a 12.89@110 bone stock with street radials and no back seat, no spare and jack. not too awful stock anymore...well...i am...but its not camaro stock.

    i would go to chattanooga if you wanted to give me a ball park of when...i would just take a weekend and swing by. i have no clue when you can test and tune so let me know if you find out.

  13. #113
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    just stop talking about.. so will they.

  14. #114
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    im on the AL TN line... about an hour and a half from nash.. nash doesnt have a track that i know of.. and memphis is a loong drive.. i would either go to Chattanooga TN or >>>>huntsville AL<<<<<....
    i ran a 12.89@110 bone stock with street radials and no back seat, no spare and jack. not too awful stock anymore...well...i am...but its not camaro stock.

    i would go to chattanooga if you wanted to give me a ball park of when...i would just take a weekend and swing by. i have no clue when you can test and tune so let me know if you find out.[/QUOTE]

    dude thatd be awesome.. im a little bit away from stock now.. ms4 and some other things. but itd still be bad ass.. not this sunday but next sunday 19th, they are having a king of the streets in huntsville.. theres gonna be a ton of ls1s there.. its split into classes too..
    also good stock time man..

  15. #115
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    im trying to get camaro7 to go too..

  16. #116
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    cool man. im glad you know all sorts of cool people who arent stock anymore. thats fantastic, and really serves your reputation well as the guy who knows people whos ls1 cars arent stock. im sure your brothers car is a beast, but its irrelevant
    Whut?

  17. #117
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    what

  18. #118
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    524

    Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

    Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    Second gear scratchs car does run pretty hard if memory serves me correctly, as for what you say there are alot of things to factor in, chances are heres what happened the cobra wasnt in the right gear when the race happended. I have seen a bone stock auto ls1 run a 13.23 before, thats faster than i have seen alot of kids get there m6s to go even with bolt ons. Generally is a m6 faster if the driver can drive it, yes but some autos will suprise you.
    My stock auto LS1 ran a 13.20 @106 at temple raceway. Only race I lost all night was to an 11 sec termy but the funny thing was that the first run was the best all nite with a 13. 23 and a 13.21 immediately following; after that it was bracket racing so i ran 14's hitting the brakes lol, except against the termy bc i spun off the line, running a 13.7 on a 13.2 dial in against his 11.75 on a 11.7 dial in - i got pwned

    Best part of the night was my friend's m6 SS running no better than 13.5 and he had long tubes, no cats and true duals in addition to god knows what else. WS6 a4 FTW!

  19. #119
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    My stock auto LS1 ran a 13.20 @106 at temple raceway. Only race I lost all night was to an 11 sec termy but the funny thing was that the first run was the best all nite with a 13. 23 and a 13.21 immediately following; after that it was bracket racing so i ran 14's hitting the brakes lol, except against the termy bc i spun off the line, running a 13.7 on a 13.2 dial in against his 11.75 on a 11.7 dial in - i got pwned

    Best part of the night was my friend's m6 SS running no better than 13.5 and he had long tubes, no cats and true duals in addition to god knows what else. WS6 a4 FTW!
    Thats because he didn't know how to drive. Not trying to battle A4 to M6 but your car stock would have no chance against that car if he could drive it. M6's are a bit harder to lauch then an auto. But either way, a win is a win.

  20. #120
    SS#430 1 of 74 7camaro7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,754

    Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Thats because he didn't know how to drive. Not trying to battle A4 to M6 but your car stock would have no chance against that car if he could drive it. M6's are a bit harder to lauch then an auto. But either way, a win is a win.
    I'm pretty good at launching mine... I get 2.1 and below 60's all the time now. You just have to get used to it.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Which do you prefer? 2011 gt or termi
    By Murder after Midnight in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 08:12 PM
  2. got killed by a termi
    By Getzen_Guy in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 05-08-2010, 07:38 AM
  3. Help: I need to bury an 03 Termi
    By jz28 in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 07:50 PM
  4. Diff between T56 in f body, termi, vette, etc..
    By GottaHaveLS1 in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 03:32 PM
  5. 408 vs Twin T57 termi || 02 GT s/c vs 02 Z28
    By djvaly in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 12:35 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •