Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    2001 Formula

my formula vs my buddys gt

so i have a all stock formula nothing done to it. he has a 98 gt mustang with a bigger throttle body, bigger injectors and manifold. he has been giving me shit about driving a GM for years. so i finally call him out. we do a 30 pull. we are head to head for about 2 seconds then i just slaughter him.

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

Now tell him to go buy a f body and shut his trap. Me and my bud go through this all the time except his stang is fast ! He's got and 04 cobra that has been played with a touch.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Nice

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Good job, bolt on 2v mustangs are always ego boosters.

Seriously, that model/year Mustang GT only had 225hp stock. There are bolt on Civics that can beat it. It's pitiful. Unless these cars have extensive modifications, they are slow as dirt. I remember I was in my friends daily, and Chevy Malibu automatic, and we beat a mid 90s Mustang GT with mods, from a roll.

In my opinion, you shouldn't touch those cars unless your planing on pulling out that shitty motor and replacing it with something that will get the car moving. The chassis isn't terrible though, so it's a good car to build up if you have a motor setup for it.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by ls1wallen View Post
    so i have a all stock formula nothing done to it. he has a 98 gt mustang with a bigger throttle body, bigger injectors and manifold. he has been giving me shit about driving a GM for years. so i finally call him out. we do a 30 pull. we are head to head for about 2 seconds then i just slaughter him.
    nice kill, you guys both autos or is one a stick? I know a stockish 4.6 2v car is slow, but an auto is even slower.

To make the race more fun, you should let him take off first, then see how long it takes to pass him. That is a lot of fun.

Did he give any excuses, or did he say good job?

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

The outcome of this race was clear long before it started.
    Even if it was a 4v Cobra the result would have been the same.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    The outcome of this race was clear long before it started.
    Even if it was a 4v Cobra the result would have been the same.
    yeah the n\a cobras are no hell either--- better then the 2v's though

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Seriously, that model/year Mustang GT only had 225hp stock. There are bolt on Civics that can beat it. It's pitiful. Unless these cars have extensive modifications, they are slow as dirt. I remember I was in my friends daily, and Chevy Malibu automatic, and we beat a mid 90s Mustang GT with mods, from a roll.

In my opinion, you shouldn't touch those cars unless your planing on pulling out that shitty motor and replacing it with something that will get the car moving. The chassis isn't terrible though, so it's a good car to build up if you have a motor setup for it.
    It only has 225hp, but it has 300 ft. lbs. of torque. You calling the 5.0 a "shitty motor"? I'll be polite and not trash your rice.

2000 Trans Am

A guy I know in town that rebuilds cars for a living at a local speed shop said they had three mustangs in his shop right now getting ls1 swaps....what a total kick in the go-nads!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    It only has 225hp, but it has 300 ft. lbs. of torque. You calling the 5.0 a "shitty motor"? I'll be polite and not trash your rice.
    Ummm..... a '98 GT has a 281ci 4.6L, which when you're talking about standard American V8s, is pretty small and weak. They also ran 15s from the factory. It is a shitty motor in every sense. Unless these motors are forced induction or built, it isn't going to go anywhere. I have never seen an impressive Modular 4.6L (sub 1999, non-Cobra) in person.

The 5.0Ls that came in the late 3rd gen, and early 4th gen Mustangs and the new 4.6Ls (1999+) of the 4th/5th gens are a different story.

.....and ummm, my cars are far from rice. Both are completely stock exterior, no fart can, no nothing.... and both have run 10s. If that's rice, then please explain to me the definition of a car that isn't rice.
    Last edited by Superluminal; 07-13-2009 at 08:51 PM.

Silver
    04 Cobra

I agree the 2valve 4.6 BLOW! The 4v respond real well to mods. Ford really didn't get it together till they put a eaton on that hog! As far as putting a LS1 in a mustang I wouldn't waste my money, I mean their allright motors but theirs easier ways of getting power without haveing to change all that s*it! I'm sure the trannys are different, harness, mounts and the list goes on! So I seriously doubt anyone with any since would do that! That's just retarded!!! SO I'M CALLING BS
    Last edited by stangereater; 07-13-2009 at 10:22 PM.
    04 Cobra
    634.4rwhp 647.8rwtq
    Yea I own a Cobra now, so what!!

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by stangereater View Post
    I agree the 2valve 4.6 BLOW! The 4v respond real well to mods. Ford really didn't get it together till they put a eaton on that hog! As far as putting a LS1 in a mustang I wouldn't waste my money, I mean their allright motors but theirs easier ways of getting power without haveing to change all that s*it! I'm sure the trannys are different, harness, mounts and the list goes on! So I seriously doubt anyone with any since would do that! That's just retarded!!! SO I'M CALLING BS
    There are a TON of LS1-swapped stangs, put the crack pipe down

Arctic White, red/gray

Ummm..... a '98 GT has a 281ci 4.6L, which when you're talking about standard American V8s, is pretty small and weak. They also ran 15s from the factory. It is a shitty motor in every sense. Unless these motors are forced induction or built, it isn't going to go anywhere. I have never seen an impressive Modular 4.6L (sub 1999, non-Cobra) in person.

The 5.0Ls that came in the late 3rd gen, and early 4th gen Mustangs and the new 4.6Ls (1999+) of the 4th/5th gens are a different story.

.....and ummm, my cars are far from rice. Both are completely stock exterior, no fart can, no nothing.... and both have run 10s. If that's rice, then please explain to me the definition of a car that isn't rice.
    The 5.0 liter blocks still ahve there flaws. Like the super thin lifter galley which you can almost count on to crack at 500+whp and higher than stock rpms. Atleast the 4.6 block with built internals can take more power. I have friends right now making over 470whp scared to add power mods because they think they will split there 5.0 blocks.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 07-14-2009 at 07:14 AM.

There are a TON of LS1-swapped stangs, put the crack pipe down
    Since you specifically said "TON" ... show me 10

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by fox1x View Post
    no there really are. I have seen probably 5 or so at great lakes alone. And a couple fairmonts too
    Last edited by Zinergy; 07-14-2009 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ls1wallen View Post
    Lol. What a waste of gas/ Just watch out for terminators or you may get terminated

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Lol. What a waste of gas/ Just watch out for terminators or you may get terminated
    Lol there are alot of fast stangs out there that arent termis.

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

My bad. The last model year for the 5.0 engine was '95.
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by fox1x View Post
    I've tuned 3 within the last 2 years (though I am not putting mustang pics up on my site) and the conversion section on ls1tech is chock full of them.

I KNOW that you guys are wrong and was letting you know before you argued about something that you were apparently somehow in the dark on.

Too late.

Thread Information