Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

my formula vs my buddys gt

This is a discussion on my formula vs my buddys gt within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Frost There are a TON of LS1-swapped stangs, put the crack pipe down THATS THE DUMBEST SH*T ...

Silver
    04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    There are a TON of LS1-swapped stangs, put the crack pipe down

THATS THE DUMBEST SH*T I HAVE EVER HEARD! I guess some dumb redneck might try it. I don't care thats just the first I have heard. Show me some!!! It don't really seem cost effected to me! But Oh well anything is possible on the internet!
    04 Cobra
    634.4rwhp 647.8rwtq
    Yea I own a Cobra now, so what!!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Lol there are alot of fast stangs out there that arent termis.
    nah u take that blower off an fords nothin

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by stangereater View Post
    THATS THE DUMBEST SH*T I HAVE EVER HEARD! I guess some dumb redneck might try it. I don't care thats just the first I have heard. Show me some!!! It don't really seem cost effected to me! But Oh well anything is possible on the internet!
    Socal speed in Shafter, CA there are three there right now..........

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    I didnt know you meant stock. Cause i know alot of turbo stangs and 460 built stangs that run 10s all motor. The 5.0/4.6 is nothing without FI i agree, but there are some nasty ford N/A cars out there.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 07-14-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Arctic White, red/gray

Its not the dumbest thing to do to a fox body. The 5.0 block cant take anymroe than 550-600hp. So if your gonna upgrade why not to something that can handle power and make it.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by fox1x View Post
    Since you specifically said "TON" ... show me 10
    More than ten. Suck it. http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Silver
    04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    I haven't heard that before! Sounds like some blown fords have put you in your place before!
    I wasn't trying to pick a fight but theirs plenty of 5.0 making more than 600. I agree a LS1 is a great motor. But to go through all the headache and money of putting it in a Mustang? Theirs other cost effected ways of putting power down. That's all I'm saying! I did learn something new, didn't know anyone would do that!
    Last edited by stangereater; 07-14-2009 at 02:32 PM.

Arctic White, red/gray

I haven't heard that before! Sounds like some blown fords have put you in your place before!
    I wasn't trying to pick a fight but theirs plenty of 5.0 making more than 600. I agree a LS1 is a great motor. But to go through all the headache and money of putting it in a Mustang? Theirs other cost effected ways of putting power down. That's all I'm saying! I did learn something new, didn't know anyone would do that!
    There are 5.0s with more than 600hp and they should know there engine will split soon. I personally have seen it happen 4 times at the track. Its not a secret that 5.0s crack there, they even sell kits to try and help with this. They were trying to explain it on hp tv a month or two ago.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 07-14-2009 at 02:58 PM.

I was being sarcastic..

White
    '04 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    Socal speed in Shafter, CA there are three there right now..........
    Shafter is in the middle of nowhere in the central valley of California. They probably couldn't find a Ford engine!
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

White
    '04 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Maybe they are doing it because f-bodies are so fuc-ing ugly?

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    Shafter is in the middle of nowhere in the central valley of California. They probably couldn't find a Ford engine!
    Yeh because they're all in the junk yard.........

This guy can't be serious.......

Here is another one for the naysayers,,,with video and all

http://azfba.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=17044

The video is on page 4 about half way down,,,and there is even a chassis dyno graph of the car further down the page.

Plenty of chevy's in the fox body mustangs though. Why not??? The mustang is a great platform to build from. They are cheap to buy and easy to modify. I see them with chevys all the time at the drag strip. It's not unusual at all.
    I'm actually more surprised at all the mustang lovers that were unaware of this.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 07-14-2009 at 07:50 PM.

2000 Trans Am

Naysayers? I get warnings all the time and he doesn't have one for degrading the cars that we ALL love lol

White
    '04 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Here is another one for the naysayers,,,with video and all

http://azfba.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=17044

The video is on page 4 about half way down,,,and there is even a chassis dyno graph of the car further down the page.

Plenty of chevy's in the fox body mustangs though. Why not??? The mustang is a great platform to build from. They are cheap to buy and easy to modify. I see them with chevys all the time at the drag strip. It's not unusual at all.
    I'm actually more surprised at all the mustang lovers that were unaware of this.
    Some of us open track instead of 1/4 mile. But, who cares, American V8's are great.

It wasn't naysayers; it was that fact that the adjective "TONS" was used... Hardly... Tuning 3 of them in 2 years or 2 in three years is not a lot. Even the link in post 26 from frost doesn't have ten if you actually count them (several repeat pics and by page 2 it's not Stangs anymore).. I'm not saying it isn't/hasn't been done. But I think suggesting that there are TONS of them out there is a load of BS.

Some of us open track instead of 1/4 mile. But, who cares, American V8's are great.
    I grew up around dragstrips so it's more my thing, never did get into the turning stuff, although it sure is fun to watch....But you are right, it's all good.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Maybe they just need sweet airplane wings like your ride.
    Last edited by Frost; 07-14-2009 at 10:09 PM.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

It wasn't naysayers; it was that fact that the adjective "TONS" was used... Hardly... Tuning 3 of them in 2 years or 2 in three years is not a lot. Even the link in post 26 from frost doesn't have ten if you actually count them (several repeat pics and by page 2 it's not Stangs anymore).. I'm not saying it isn't/hasn't been done. But I think suggesting that there are TONS of them out there is a load of BS.
    I didn't say I TUNED A TON OF THEM, and there are definitely more than 10 pics on the first page alone. You wanted 10, click through the pages. You are wrong. That is all

2000 Trans Am

So now we're in grammar school? So what if someone typed "tons".......that is totally irrelevant to the original posting.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information