Onyx Black, M6
    2002 Berger Camaro SS #86

my first mustang...

... and it was everything i thought it could be. I'm just kind of cruising through this developed area near the interstate, driving thru on intersection when I notice a dark red GT vert on my right (waiting to turn left), new body style (couldnt tell ya a specific year), with a couple of younger guys in it. i continue thru the intersection, not really thinkin anything would come of it. it was then i looked in the rearview to see the guy peeling out and turning right. he comes flying up my ass and starts revving, sounded like it could possibly be an aftermarket setup. he then proceeds to whip by me and starts pointing me towards the highway on ramp. this was actually the way that i needed to go regardless, so i followed.

we both rolled about 25 or so (i was poised and waiting in 2nd), and sure enough he mashed it as soon as we got around the circle on ramp. i followed suit, and starting pulling almost immediately in 2nd (moving around him on his left), by the time i was getting into 4th my rear bumper was at his front bumper. i was just kind of walking away from him at a pretty constant (not ridiculous or anything) rate. i shut it down at 115 since it looked like he had gotten out of it, slowed down to the speed limit. he never passed me, just kind of sat back there until i had to get off a couple exits later...

anyway, nothin special, just wanted to share the story....
    02 Berger SS #86, SLP #4344: 380 hp/400 tq pkg, M6
    Dyno: 329.59 RWHP @ 5500/348.39 RWTQ @ 4500

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierSS02 View Post
    ... and it was everything i thought it could be. I'm just kind of cruising through this developed area near the interstate, driving thru on intersection when I notice a dark red GT vert on my right (waiting to turn left), new body style (couldnt tell ya a specific year), with a couple of younger guys in it. i continue thru the intersection, not really thinkin anything would come of it. it was then i looked in the rearview to see the guy peeling out and turning right. he comes flying up my ass and starts revving, sounded like it could possibly be an aftermarket setup. he then proceeds to whip by me and starts pointing me towards the highway on ramp. this was actually the way that i needed to go regardless, so i followed.

we both rolled about 25 or so (i was poised and waiting in 2nd), and sure enough he mashed it as soon as we got around the circle on ramp. i followed suit, and starting pulling almost immediately in 2nd (moving around him on his left), by the time i was getting into 4th my rear bumper was at his front bumper. i was just kind of walking away from him at a pretty constant (not ridiculous or anything) rate. i shut it down at 115 since it looked like he had gotten out of it, slowed down to the speed limit. he never passed me, just kind of sat back there until i had to get off a couple exits later...

Nice kill. Those young kids learned the hard way to not fugg with an
    LS1 on the highway unless they know how to mod. Those cars are too crazy in 3rd and 4th.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierSS02 View Post

Nice kill, even better.... they stayed back after you spanked'em!

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    they stayed back after you spanked'em!
    Shows that they are capable of learning something new after a

He asked for it, he got it.

Props to the Stang driver for not needing to try and salvage his masculinity with a Ricer Flyby.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Nice Kill! From a 25 roll you coulda gone in 1st lol..unless you're geared? First kill with the Berger?

Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

Very nice! I used to hate running into LS1's on the highway in my Mustang. Now Im one of those guys. Ha, and what part of Indiana are you from Hoosier?
    2001 Z28 M6
    SLP Loudmouth 1 catback, functional ram air hood, Pro 5.0 shifter, free mods, HSW wet nitrous kit

Onyx Black, M6

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Nice Kill! From a 25 roll you coulda gone in 1st lol..unless you're geared? First kill with the Berger?
    You're probably right actually, no new gears just the stock 3.42s. It may have been more like 35 or 40, 2nd felt right at the time. I was focusing on him mostly. It's actually 2-0 in the Berger now, had an antagonistic skye turbo a few weeks ago. Its not easy to get a lot of action in my car tho, people see the 380 on the hoodscoop and tend to shy away (even tho we all know 380 is nothing outlandish or anything).

Quote Originally Posted by zachj03
    Very nice! I used to hate running into LS1's on the highway in my Mustang. Now Im one of those guys. Ha, and what part of Indiana are you from Hoosier?
    Haha, glad to see you saw the light. I'm actually in Fort Wayne, on the southwest side.

Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

Yeah Im glad I saw the light too. And I used to live in Zanesville by Markle just a little south of you on 69. I live in Gas City now. Used to lift at the Jorgensen YMCA on the south side of Ft wayne. Is Colliseum still busy on sat nights with cars?

Onyx Black, M6

Quote Originally Posted by zachj03 View Post
    Yeah Im glad I saw the light too. And I used to live in Zanesville by Markle just a little south of you on 69. I live in Gas City now. Used to lift at the Jorgensen YMCA on the south side of Ft wayne. Is Colliseum still busy on sat nights with cars?
    Ok, I know all about Gas City from driving up and down 69 my whole life. I actually live about a half mile from that YMCA, a member there myself. And Coliseum is still pretty busy on the weekends, I havent really made it out there too often to tell you the truth tho... probably should get out there this weekend or somethin.

Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

Huh, I've been thinking of making a trip up there myself to check out the car scene on a sat night. Dont think Ill be able to make it this saturday but maybe here in the next couple of weeks. Ill let ya know and maybe we could meet up somewhere. If you go up there tomorrow (today i guess, I work second shift so its still friday night for me) let me know how it is!

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

nice kill, i wish i could run into a newer one

RED
    mustang

so ya beat a lil ol stock 281..lol

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    nice kill, i wish i could run into a newer one

LoL, you would destroy a new one with Heads and cam. Hopefully, you will run into one that's as modded as you are so you can get a feel for what's going on. An 11 second one.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    LoL, you would destroy a new one with Heads and cam. Hopefully, you will run into one that's as modded as you are so you can get a feel for what's going on. An 11 second one.
    the ironic thing is that i see about ten a day when i'm in my silverado, but when i drive the ws6 you would think they didn't exist. as far as running into one being modded...i would think you would have to dump an assload of money into a mustang gt to break into the 11's. the majority of people who buy those cars probably wont have much more than an exhaust.

btw, my car is cammed with lt/headers not heads. i wish i could have done heads but even at that it's still a potent machine being i have no other supporting mods other than a full open exhaust which i don't know if you even consider that a mod.

I dont even bother reporting Mustang kills any more, there not even a challenge....

RED
    mustang

a goood exhaust will get 300rwhp on a newer 4.6 . ill run any1 on here..wont beat all,but ill wax a lotta bs guys..no im not stock..

if you have never owned a pony,or knew som1 that did a few bolt ons..cold air dont count..then dont knock it,i like camaros too,but respect given to a 281ci motor vs a ls1.. it resond very good to bolt ons..5.0s are awsome motors.. stangs,corvettes standtest of time ,camaros were droped no1 wanted them reguardless of its motor power, i have a 69 bird love it...

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    I've owned a n 82 mustang, and I liked it. better than what they were offering pre 2005, IMO ford killed it going with an overhead motor. I dont even know whats going on down there.

Thread Information