Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

my cobra beat a zo6.....bad

This is a discussion on my cobra beat a zo6.....bad within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by dr.dan I'm in the same boat. Just exactly the opposite, and the "1" is a zero. ???...

2000 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by dr.dan View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Just exactly the opposite, and the "1" is a zero.
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by powermad View Post
    ???
    What's so confusing? Maybe you should read it again.

2000 Corvette

What's so confusing? Maybe you should read it again.
    My take is you have 'whooped ass' on 10 Vettes and lost to "0"..... Explain please....

My take is you have 'whooped ass' on 10 Vettes and lost to "0".....
    A+

2000 Corvette

A+
    Must not be racing the right Vettes.

Do tell though, what you got (mods) and what you run?

2002 TA

Yes cause nothing's faster than a 'Vette.

2000 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Pythias View Post
    Yes cause nothing's faster than a 'Vette.
    I didn't say that but what is he implying...

I don't pick them (I just pick on them when I happen to find one). My daily tune puts out 589/577.

2000 Corvette

My daily tune puts out 589/577.
    (Sorry the lack of usable smileys on here is annoying) Thats fricken awesome. You'd own me and I am not stock. I can see why there is a lack of losses in your book I assumed you were stock and racing C4s LOL!!! (Booo hahah, no offense to C4s, I have had 2 of them).

2002 TA

I didn't say that but what is he implying...
    True..... but until you know what HE is running....

2000 Corvette

True..... but until you know what HE is running....
    but there is always someone faster

but there is always someone faster
    Very true. I don't mind loosing; in fact, my best races are the ones where I loose by just a hair.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Stock Ford GT runs mid to low 11's. I doubt he was racing...
    My '92 runs the same exact times. Does it bother you that much that a car, for a fraction of the price, humiliated it.....?

And they are NOT ford Gt40's any longer becuase from the ground to the top of the car they are no longer 40 inches, they are more. I have one sitting at the dealership that I work at and actually have some pictures of it on my cell phone if you would like me to prove that for you.
    Is there supposed to be some coherent point within this nonsense, or are you simply that bent on trying to make your opinions known? I need no proof from you, as I'm quite familiar with the newer model. Forty inches is irrelevant to me, as the style of the make itself looks identicle to it's earlier predecessor. I clearly emphasized that I myself refer to them as the "GT40", because as far as I'm concerned, that's what they were after when they MARKETED the friggin thing proclaiming the return of such....

Now if the guy didn't really drive that well, yes you could have taken him. But if there was a competent driver in there, I can't see you beating him....
    Low elevens is low elevens. If I had the better sixty foot that day (meaning a better launch), then my low eleven second car, will beat his low eleven second car. Simple as that. I take it that math wasn't one of your stronger subjects.....lol?

Get over yourself.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

hes right pythias, alot of people still concider the gt the gt40...as i posted already..ford was going to call it a gt40 even tho it does sit at 46" now, but gulf owns the gt40 name..so to the designers and to alot of other people they know that the gt is and should be could the gt40

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

maybe its not 46" its either 42" 44" or 46" and i'm no lazy to look it up

2009 Corvette ZO6

Hmm, an interesting article....

Ford will build GT40 'supercar'
    Return of an icon from the '60s

By Michael Binstock
    Acorn Automotive Editor-'02

"Last week, Ford Motor Company Chairman and CEO Bill Ford delivered the news that car enthusiasts around the world have been waiting for.

Ford will build the GT40 to help celebrate the automaker's 100th anniversary in 2003.

Ford made the announcement to employees at the company's world headquarters. The event also marked the unveiling of the Ford brand's new "No Boundaries" ad campaign.

GT40, the modern version of the historic, two-seat supercar, should help breathe new excitement into the Ford brand and support Ford Motor Company's promise of 20 new or freshened products each year.

"Our revitalization plan is centered on products," said Ford. "The company that builds and delivers the best cars and trucks wins, and we're going to win. I can't think of a better symbol of that winning attitude than GT40."

The production announcement came on the heels of the 2002 North American International Auto Show debut of the GT40 concept car in Detroit less than two months ago.

The award-winning concept was inspired by arguably one of the most recognized and loved cars in automotive history.

In the mid-1960s, the low-slung, mid-engine GT40 was introduced to battle the world's best in endurance racing.

Just over 100 of these historic cars were built, placing Ford in prestigious winner's circles worldwide, most notably, winning the Le Mans 24-hour race in 1966, 1967, 1968 and 1969.

The new GT40, created by Ford's "Living Legends" studio, is more than 18 inches longer and stands nearly four inches taller than the original. Yet, despite being physically larger, it's unmistakably a GT40, an automotive statement of passion, speed and performance.

GT40 joins Thunderbird, Mustang and the Forty-Nine concept as part of Ford's "Living Legends" lineup.
    Production capacity, vehicle specifications, performance numbers, pricing and the final name of the production vehicle will be revealed at a later date but I'm informed that the supercar will be priced in "six figures."

Ford's new advertising campaign, titled "No Boundaries," celebrates the spirit and vision of one of the world's most recognized brands by combining new film footage with historical Ford material. Narrated by Bill Ford, great-grandson of the company's founder, the commercials have the distinct look and feel of a short documentary film.

"Ford products have been playing a role in consumers' lives for nearly 100 years, connecting with them in very emotional ways," said Jim O'Connor, Ford Division president.

"The No Boundaries campaign celebrates the people and products of Ford––great people building great automotive products. That's what Ford is all about."

More than 80 Ford employees participated in the production of the campaign, many from the Ford Rouge Center and Michigan Truck Plant. In addition, a small number of Ford dealers and professional actors are featured. While the commercials don't focus specifically on any single Ford product, they will, as a collection, work to raise the image and awareness of the Ford brand and its entire product lineup.

"These new Ford ads are designed to crystallize who we are and what we do," said O'Connor.

The campaign, initially featuring four 60-second TV commercials–Family, Legacy, Discovery and Built Ford Tough– debuted this week during prime time on network television and will be followed by print advertising in the coming months.

Don't expect to see the GT40 at your local Ford dealer, but you can bet that it will be heavily featured in the media.

The original Ford GT40 was built in England and actually raced as a British car. In the 60s, to compete at Le Mans, Ford was obligated to build a road-going version of the racing car. A small number of vehicles were sold to enthusiasts at a price in 1964 of less than $2,500 and could be seen driving on the streets of London. Perhaps one or two of these cars are still in exsistence.

I imagine the selling price is now well in excess of the original. A 1966 GT40 sold in Scottsdale last month at the Barrett Jackson auction for $405,000!"

Why not spew that nonsense of yours to those who marketed the vehicle for what it was always referred to by those who were in the know, the GT40...

Here's the link...
    Last edited by Street Lethal; 11-12-2006 at 06:18 PM.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    for WS6, full exhaust (headers, y, catback), cam, the lid and K&N.. should eat a stock '03 cobra which has a supercharger as stock.
    Mine isn't stock, but I see your point. Also the above combo would need a good tune to run well ehough to beat a 03/04 cobra, but its very possible.

2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    My '92 runs the same exact times. Does it bother you that much that a car, for a fraction of the price, humiliated it.....?

Is there supposed to be some coherent point within this nonsense, or are you simply that bent on trying to make your opinions known? I need no proof from you, as I'm quite familiar with the newer model. Forty inches is irrelevant to me, as the style of the make itself looks identicle to it's earlier predecessor. I clearly emphasized that I myself refer to them as the "GT40", because as far as I'm concerned, that's what they were after when they MARKETED the friggin thing proclaiming the return of such....

Low elevens is low elevens. If I had the better sixty foot that day (meaning a better launch), then my low eleven second car, will beat his low eleven second car. Simple as that. I take it that math wasn't one of your stronger subjects.....lol?

Get over yourself.

No because your 92 is still just some turbo'd 6. And how exactly is it in autocrossing? How well does it handle? Unless I missed the Memo the GT40 was not simply made to go in a straight line?

I don't see how the whole reason why it was called the GT40 was that it was 40 inches from the ground, now it no longer is, so it is simply called the GT. How that is nonsense I'm not quite sure, but I guess if I was as ignorant as you I would find a way of justifying it.

If if if, you know what all that adds up to? Nothing Until you run it, what you COULD run doesn't mean jack-shit, guess you were one of those kids that watched F&F and said yeah thats right he almost had him! haha!

2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Ford will build GT40 'supercar'
    Return of an icon from the '60s

By Michael Binstock
    Acorn Automotive Editor-'02

"Last week, Ford Motor Company Chairman and CEO Bill Ford delivered the news that car enthusiasts around the world have been waiting for.

Ford will build the GT40 to help celebrate the automaker's 100th anniversary in 2003.

Ford made the announcement to employees at the company's world headquarters. The event also marked the unveiling of the Ford brand's new "No Boundaries" ad campaign.

GT40, the modern version of the historic, two-seat supercar, should help breathe new excitement into the Ford brand and support Ford Motor Company's promise of 20 new or freshened products each year.

"Our revitalization plan is centered on products," said Ford. "The company that builds and delivers the best cars and trucks wins, and we're going to win. I can't think of a better symbol of that winning attitude than GT40."

The production announcement came on the heels of the 2002 North American International Auto Show debut of the GT40 concept car in Detroit less than two months ago.

The award-winning concept was inspired by arguably one of the most recognized and loved cars in automotive history.

In the mid-1960s, the low-slung, mid-engine GT40 was introduced to battle the world's best in endurance racing.

Just over 100 of these historic cars were built, placing Ford in prestigious winner's circles worldwide, most notably, winning the Le Mans 24-hour race in 1966, 1967, 1968 and 1969.

The new GT40, created by Ford's "Living Legends" studio, is more than 18 inches longer and stands nearly four inches taller than the original. Yet, despite being physically larger, it's unmistakably a GT40, an automotive statement of passion, speed and performance.

GT40 joins Thunderbird, Mustang and the Forty-Nine concept as part of Ford's "Living Legends" lineup.
    Production capacity, vehicle specifications, performance numbers, pricing and the final name of the production vehicle will be revealed at a later date but I'm informed that the supercar will be priced in "six figures."

Ford's new advertising campaign, titled "No Boundaries," celebrates the spirit and vision of one of the world's most recognized brands by combining new film footage with historical Ford material. Narrated by Bill Ford, great-grandson of the company's founder, the commercials have the distinct look and feel of a short documentary film.

"Ford products have been playing a role in consumers' lives for nearly 100 years, connecting with them in very emotional ways," said Jim O'Connor, Ford Division president.

"The No Boundaries campaign celebrates the people and products of Ford––great people building great automotive products. That's what Ford is all about."

More than 80 Ford employees participated in the production of the campaign, many from the Ford Rouge Center and Michigan Truck Plant. In addition, a small number of Ford dealers and professional actors are featured. While the commercials don't focus specifically on any single Ford product, they will, as a collection, work to raise the image and awareness of the Ford brand and its entire product lineup.

"These new Ford ads are designed to crystallize who we are and what we do," said O'Connor.

The campaign, initially featuring four 60-second TV commercials–Family, Legacy, Discovery and Built Ford Tough– debuted this week during prime time on network television and will be followed by print advertising in the coming months.

Don't expect to see the GT40 at your local Ford dealer, but you can bet that it will be heavily featured in the media.

The original Ford GT40 was built in England and actually raced as a British car. In the 60s, to compete at Le Mans, Ford was obligated to build a road-going version of the racing car. A small number of vehicles were sold to enthusiasts at a price in 1964 of less than $2,500 and could be seen driving on the streets of London. Perhaps one or two of these cars are still in exsistence.

I imagine the selling price is now well in excess of the original. A 1966 GT40 sold in Scottsdale last month at the Barrett Jackson auction for $405,000!"

Why not spew that nonsense of yours to those who marketed the vehicle for what it was always referred to by those who were in the know, the GT40...

Here's the link...

Thanks for proving my point.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information