Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 192

my cobra beat a zo6.....bad

This is a discussion on my cobra beat a zo6.....bad within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; .....

  1. #141
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    ..
    Last edited by djvaly; 11-10-2006 at 12:14 AM.

  2. #142
    Member 6sw00's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    N.Y
    Age
    31
    Posts
    282

    black
    2000 trans am ws6

    iv seen a c6 z06 runnin 11.3's at the track.. dope car. that was the day that i ran 13.44 completely stock. i was happy. i also saw an 03 cobra runnin 12.8. dont get me wrong there fast, but for some reason, ford does get a lot of power out of less engine.

  3. #143
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sneads Ferry, NC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    261
    2002 TA

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    I always refer to them as the GT40, quite frankly because that's what they really are. For those familar with Central New Jersey, it happened coming back from Green Brook, over on Route 22. I doubt the guy really let loose on her from the dig, but he mashed on it when he realized that I was game. Might have been closer had he launched the right way, but my '92 now runs low to mid 11's, so I doubt even a good driver would have caught me. Don't get me wrong, had we kept going to top speed, he would have flew right by me...

    My '92 is nothing out of the ordinary. Buick 3.8 Turbo swap, six speed... with 3.55 cogs. Car came with a Mufflex exhaust, so I adapted it. Weight is now close to 3000-lbs (w/out driver). Stock heads have been worked over prior to install, along with a custom camshaft. It's honestly been a real bear to tune though.

    Stock Ford GT runs mid to low 11's. I doubt he was racing. And they are NOT ford Gt40's any longer becuase from the ground to the top of the car they are no longer 40 inches, they are more. I have one sitting at the dealership that I work at and actually have some pictures of it on my cell phone if you would like me to prove that for you. Now if the guy didn't really drive that well, yes you could have taken him. But if there was a competent driver in there, I can't see you beating him.

  4. #144
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    2001 Corvette Z06, older Dodge Viper and Mustang Cobra R shootout.
    http://www.z06vette.com/media/shootout.wmv

    god bless good ol' LS6..

  5. #145
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    hahaahha, I've seen the "faimous" GT500 do 12.3, 12.2 @ the track.. too bad they put a 500hp engine, and it weights 3900lbs. oops.
    Very true statement. Some car mags could only get it to run 12.8. The car is very heavy and weight distribution is off ballance, the car gets no traction.
    I personally dont like them all that much. But they still have mega potential.
    Put some street slicks on them and a reduced upper pulley, and a tune, you got a low 11 sec car. For less than 3000$ in bolt ons and it will run with the new ZO6, which is like 800 pounds lighter.

    I love Vettes alot. I like alot of cars out there. I personally think the new vettes (C6) are a work of art, I just think they cost way to much money. People that are not rich cant get one untill they are used, and by then there is a better one out. I miss the F body cars personally. I am interested in the new Camaro coming out, but I read they are going to be high 30 thousands for the ls2 editions, thats to much money for me. At least the GT 500 is alot less money than a Zo6. But I still cant even afford it. Ill stick with my Cobra, its affordable and low miles and easy to mod, oh yeah, its really fast.

    Anyway, back to the kill story, The older ZO6 is not nearly as impressive as the new one, I like to race them, because the people who drive them, give you that cocky look, like "Hey dont you know this is a Vette and you have a Mustang" Then I smoke em. Priceless. to the mustang haters out there.

    Say it with me: Corvettes can lose to Mustangs, they are not unbeatable.

  6. #146
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Can't find any mustangs to race, Camaro lover? I never see you post about busting mustangs, and when I had my Cobra, mustangs came out of the woodworks to race.

  7. #147
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Pythias View Post
    Stock Ford GT runs mid to low 11's. I doubt he was racing. And they are NOT ford Gt40's any longer becuase from the ground to the top of the car they are no longer 40 inches, they are more. I have one sitting at the dealership that I work at and actually have some pictures of it on my cell phone if you would like me to prove that for you. Now if the guy didn't really drive that well, yes you could have taken him. But if there was a competent driver in there, I can't see you beating him.
    he knows that..read my post i already went over it

  8. #148
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    well any car is beatable if you race it while putting the right money and work in yours. congrats to your 1 kill vette, I'm sure you have 10 other vette whoop ass stories where you lost

  9. #149
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sneads Ferry, NC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    261
    2002 TA

    Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    2001 Corvette Z06, older Dodge Viper and Mustang Cobra R shootout.
    http://www.z06vette.com/media/shootout.wmv

    god bless good ol' LS6..
    13.4 in the Cobra R? Yeah my friend in his heavy fully loaded STOCK 98 Mustang Cobra Convertible, with absolutely no mods but sticky tires has run a best of 13.5 at 101. You CANNOT tell me a car with 85 more hp and torque can ONLY net .1 faster.

  10. #150
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    ...congrats to your 1 kill vette, I'm sure you have 10 other vette whoop ass stories where you lost
    I'm in the same boat. Just exactly the opposite, and the "1" is a zero.

  11. #151
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Seaford
    Posts
    52

    Black
    2001 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    Very true statement. Some car mags could only get it to run 12.8. The car is very heavy and weight distribution is off ballance, the car gets no traction.
    I personally dont like them all that much. But they still have mega potential.
    Put some street slicks on them and a reduced upper pulley, and a tune, you got a low 11 sec car. For less than 3000$ in bolt ons and it will run with the new ZO6, which is like 800 pounds lighter.

    I love Vettes alot. I like alot of cars out there. I personally think the new vettes (C6) are a work of art, I just think they cost way to much money. People that are not rich cant get one untill they are used, and by then there is a better one out. I miss the F body cars personally. I am interested in the new Camaro coming out, but I read they are going to be high 30 thousands for the ls2 editions, thats to much money for me. At least the GT 500 is alot less money than a Zo6. But I still cant even afford it. Ill stick with my Cobra, its affordable and low miles and easy to mod, oh yeah, its really fast.

    Anyway, back to the kill story, The older ZO6 is not nearly as impressive as the new one, I like to race them, because the people who drive them, give you that cocky look, like "Hey dont you know this is a Vette and you have a Mustang" Then I smoke em. Priceless. to the mustang haters out there.

    Say it with me: Corvettes can lose to Mustangs, they are not unbeatable.
    corvettes can lose to mustangs, they are not unbeatable, bc nothing is unbeatable, save for an intercontinental ballistic missle, lol

  12. #152
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    gotto love the muscle cars trying to out do each other, but yeah, a pulley and some minor mods the cobras are cool.

  13. #153
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Can't find any mustangs to race, Camaro lover? I never see you post about busting mustangs, and when I had my Cobra, mustangs came out of the woodworks to race.
    Ive got plenty of Mustang Kill stories, both in my TA cars and My Ford, but I dont like bragging about them, Its like beating up a 3rd grader, and then bragging about it. Seriously, its not a race at all. I sometimes will race a stock GT and see if I can win by leaving my car in 4th gear at 40 MPH.
    I have to be creative to have fun with them.

    I find Mustangs to be, not as much of a kill as a vette or F body.
    Most Mustangs are a lot slower than I. No competion at all.
    Now I do like racing other Cobras, and Modded Mustangs are always a fun challenge. The 94 to 04 GT Mustangs are pretty slow, they need some bolt ons to be fast. I do have a kill story for a newer Mach 1, they run ok.
    I have yet to really run a new (05+) GT, but Im always looking. I have played with a couple, but no real race yet, unless they were reallly trying and I didnt know it.

    By the way, Im more of a Trans Am lover than a Camaro lover, I hope the new Camaro is followed by a new Trans Am, Maybe a WS-7 with an LS2 or
    LS7 in it, De tuned of course, we cant have a TA or Camaro with the same horsepower as the Corvette now can we. Although it would be nice.

  14. #154
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    20
    I'd hit it.

  15. #155
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    camel toe

  16. #156
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    fl
    Age
    27
    Posts
    25

    black
    1998 ws6

    I eat cobras for fun all day

  17. #157
    Member A~NICE~CAR~IS~A~NICE~CAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Albuquerque,New Mexico
    Age
    31
    Posts
    174

    Rally Red/race stripes
    2002 Super Sport

    UHHHH RIGHT^^^

  18. #158
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    I eat cobras for fun all day
    Really, what year Cobras? 03/04 Terminators? If so, you must have a fast TA. What kind of Horsepower you runnin? Are you spraying? Just curious.

  19. #159
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    I eat cobras for fun all day
    then you wake up buddy

  20. #160
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    for WS6, full exhaust (headers, y, catback), cam, the lid and K&N.. should eat a stock '03 cobra which has a supercharger as stock.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 Cobra Jet Mustang - Return Of The Cobra Jets
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 09:16 AM
  2. Ford 428 Cobra Jet Build - Deadly Cobra - Engine T
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 11:40 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 01:14 PM
  4. How to beat a Cobra?
    By INeedLS1 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-17-2007, 09:22 AM
  5. I got beat by a Cobra
    By Stone in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 07:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •