Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

my cobra beat a zo6.....bad

This is a discussion on my cobra beat a zo6.....bad within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; .....

Last edited by djvaly; 11-10-2006 at 12:14 AM.

black
    2000 trans am ws6

iv seen a c6 z06 runnin 11.3's at the track.. dope car. that was the day that i ran 13.44 completely stock. i was happy. i also saw an 03 cobra runnin 12.8. dont get me wrong there fast, but for some reason, ford does get a lot of power out of less engine.

2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    I always refer to them as the GT40, quite frankly because that's what they really are. For those familar with Central New Jersey, it happened coming back from Green Brook, over on Route 22. I doubt the guy really let loose on her from the dig, but he mashed on it when he realized that I was game. Might have been closer had he launched the right way, but my '92 now runs low to mid 11's, so I doubt even a good driver would have caught me. Don't get me wrong, had we kept going to top speed, he would have flew right by me...

My '92 is nothing out of the ordinary. Buick 3.8 Turbo swap, six speed... with 3.55 cogs. Car came with a Mufflex exhaust, so I adapted it. Weight is now close to 3000-lbs (w/out driver). Stock heads have been worked over prior to install, along with a custom camshaft. It's honestly been a real bear to tune though.

Stock Ford GT runs mid to low 11's. I doubt he was racing. And they are NOT ford Gt40's any longer becuase from the ground to the top of the car they are no longer 40 inches, they are more. I have one sitting at the dealership that I work at and actually have some pictures of it on my cell phone if you would like me to prove that for you. Now if the guy didn't really drive that well, yes you could have taken him. But if there was a competent driver in there, I can't see you beating him.

2001 Corvette Z06, older Dodge Viper and Mustang Cobra R shootout.
    http://www.z06vette.com/media/shootout.wmv

god bless good ol' LS6..

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    hahaahha, I've seen the "faimous" GT500 do 12.3, 12.2 @ the track.. too bad they put a 500hp engine, and it weights 3900lbs. oops.
    Very true statement. Some car mags could only get it to run 12.8. The car is very heavy and weight distribution is off ballance, the car gets no traction.
    I personally dont like them all that much. But they still have mega potential.
    Put some street slicks on them and a reduced upper pulley, and a tune, you got a low 11 sec car. For less than 3000$ in bolt ons and it will run with the new ZO6, which is like 800 pounds lighter.

I love Vettes alot. I like alot of cars out there. I personally think the new vettes (C6) are a work of art, I just think they cost way to much money. People that are not rich cant get one untill they are used, and by then there is a better one out. I miss the F body cars personally. I am interested in the new Camaro coming out, but I read they are going to be high 30 thousands for the ls2 editions, thats to much money for me. At least the GT 500 is alot less money than a Zo6. But I still cant even afford it. Ill stick with my Cobra, its affordable and low miles and easy to mod, oh yeah, its really fast.

Anyway, back to the kill story, The older ZO6 is not nearly as impressive as the new one, I like to race them, because the people who drive them, give you that cocky look, like "Hey dont you know this is a Vette and you have a Mustang" Then I smoke em. Priceless. to the mustang haters out there.

Say it with me: Corvettes can lose to Mustangs, they are not unbeatable.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Can't find any mustangs to race, Camaro lover? I never see you post about busting mustangs, and when I had my Cobra, mustangs came out of the woodworks to race.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Pythias View Post
    Stock Ford GT runs mid to low 11's. I doubt he was racing. And they are NOT ford Gt40's any longer becuase from the ground to the top of the car they are no longer 40 inches, they are more. I have one sitting at the dealership that I work at and actually have some pictures of it on my cell phone if you would like me to prove that for you. Now if the guy didn't really drive that well, yes you could have taken him. But if there was a competent driver in there, I can't see you beating him.
    he knows that..read my post i already went over it

well any car is beatable if you race it while putting the right money and work in yours. congrats to your 1 kill vette, I'm sure you have 10 other vette whoop ass stories where you lost

2002 TA

2001 Corvette Z06, older Dodge Viper and Mustang Cobra R shootout.
    http://www.z06vette.com/media/shootout.wmv

god bless good ol' LS6..
    13.4 in the Cobra R? Yeah my friend in his heavy fully loaded STOCK 98 Mustang Cobra Convertible, with absolutely no mods but sticky tires has run a best of 13.5 at 101. You CANNOT tell me a car with 85 more hp and torque can ONLY net .1 faster.

...congrats to your 1 kill vette, I'm sure you have 10 other vette whoop ass stories where you lost
    I'm in the same boat. Just exactly the opposite, and the "1" is a zero.

Black
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    Very true statement. Some car mags could only get it to run 12.8. The car is very heavy and weight distribution is off ballance, the car gets no traction.
    I personally dont like them all that much. But they still have mega potential.
    Put some street slicks on them and a reduced upper pulley, and a tune, you got a low 11 sec car. For less than 3000$ in bolt ons and it will run with the new ZO6, which is like 800 pounds lighter.

I love Vettes alot. I like alot of cars out there. I personally think the new vettes (C6) are a work of art, I just think they cost way to much money. People that are not rich cant get one untill they are used, and by then there is a better one out. I miss the F body cars personally. I am interested in the new Camaro coming out, but I read they are going to be high 30 thousands for the ls2 editions, thats to much money for me. At least the GT 500 is alot less money than a Zo6. But I still cant even afford it. Ill stick with my Cobra, its affordable and low miles and easy to mod, oh yeah, its really fast.

Anyway, back to the kill story, The older ZO6 is not nearly as impressive as the new one, I like to race them, because the people who drive them, give you that cocky look, like "Hey dont you know this is a Vette and you have a Mustang" Then I smoke em. Priceless. to the mustang haters out there.

Say it with me: Corvettes can lose to Mustangs, they are not unbeatable.
    corvettes can lose to mustangs, they are not unbeatable, bc nothing is unbeatable, save for an intercontinental ballistic missle, lol

gotto love the muscle cars trying to out do each other, but yeah, a pulley and some minor mods the cobras are cool.

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Can't find any mustangs to race, Camaro lover? I never see you post about busting mustangs, and when I had my Cobra, mustangs came out of the woodworks to race.
    Ive got plenty of Mustang Kill stories, both in my TA cars and My Ford, but I dont like bragging about them, Its like beating up a 3rd grader, and then bragging about it. Seriously, its not a race at all. I sometimes will race a stock GT and see if I can win by leaving my car in 4th gear at 40 MPH.
    I have to be creative to have fun with them.

I find Mustangs to be, not as much of a kill as a vette or F body.
    Most Mustangs are a lot slower than I. No competion at all.
    Now I do like racing other Cobras, and Modded Mustangs are always a fun challenge. The 94 to 04 GT Mustangs are pretty slow, they need some bolt ons to be fast. I do have a kill story for a newer Mach 1, they run ok.
    I have yet to really run a new (05+) GT, but Im always looking. I have played with a couple, but no real race yet, unless they were reallly trying and I didnt know it.

By the way, Im more of a Trans Am lover than a Camaro lover, I hope the new Camaro is followed by a new Trans Am, Maybe a WS-7 with an LS2 or
    LS7 in it, De tuned of course, we cant have a TA or Camaro with the same horsepower as the Corvette now can we. Although it would be nice.

I'd hit it.

camel toe

black
    1998 ws6

I eat cobras for fun all day

Member A~NICE~CAR~IS~A~NICE~CAR's Avatar

Rally Red/race stripes
    2002 Super Sport

UHHHH RIGHT^^^

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    Really, what year Cobras? 03/04 Terminators? If so, you must have a fast TA. What kind of Horsepower you runnin? Are you spraying? Just curious.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    then you wake up buddy

for WS6, full exhaust (headers, y, catback), cam, the lid and K&N.. should eat a stock '03 cobra which has a supercharger as stock.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information