TWISSTED

RED
    00' Camaro SS/6spd

My car vs. Cobalt SS,04 Must GT

I was out cruising with my slightly modded A4 B4C(not your standard edition cop car...since it was never put into service and only has 40k)All I have done thus far performance-wise is SLP Air induction kit and flowmaster catback and lots of exterior mods to make her look pretty!

Anyhow...I live in upstate N.Y. and I figured on taking the girl out for one last weekend cruise before putting away for the winter.
    MAN WHAT FUN I HAD!!!

First off I get to race these 2 guys with modded out cars.05 Cobalt SS/04 Mustang GT
    Were rolling at about 65 when the Cobalt SS comes alongside and starts blipping his gas peddle trying to egg me on,when low and behold a sweet looking GT comes down the entrance ramp and decides he wants to join the fray!
    At this point I can see and hear they aftermarket exhausts,stickers of all sorts,ect...So I'm getting antsy but I decide to let one of them make the 1st move.Sure enough the guy in the Mustang downshifts and hammers it and from there the Cobalt and I decide to do the same.

The GT was in the fast lane about 5 cars ahead of me when we started and the Cobalt was parallel at my side.I started pulling immediately and went past the SS then moved to the center lane and blew by the GT.
    and by the time I reached 150 and backed off I had the GT by about 15 lengths and the SS by about 18 so all in all I was a very happy camper!

The kid in the Cobalt SS was all smiles and thumbs up as was I,yet the GT dude would'nt even aknowledge either of us at that point!

Just out to have some fun...Nothing personal!

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    sweet kill man...u have a lt1?....those cobalt ss's can be very quick with mods...especially from a roll...but not at speeds over 100 like ur race on the highway

black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

sweet. i have a cobalt ss/sc as my daily driver. its a quick/fun car but no match for a 4th gen fbody

2002 TA

I don't think you killed a Mustang Gt that was actually racing by 15 lengths seeing as how stock for stock they are on par with LT1's. I gotta call BS on that. Yes you have like 3 little mods, all the Gt needs is gears and some underdrive pullies.

Blue
    04 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by Pythias View Post
    I don't think you killed a Mustang Gt that was actually racing by 15 lengths seeing as how stock for stock they are on par with LT1's. I gotta call BS on that. Yes you have like 3 little mods, all the Gt needs is gears and some underdrive pullies.
    That ture!!!! Even the ls1 would not win by 15 car lengths.

TWISSTED

RED
    00' Camaro SS/6spd

Sorry bout that... Guess I forgot to mention it is an 00' LS1 with a program and GMS aftermarket maf among a few other mods already mentioned!
    Anyhow...It was an 04' GT as well,not an 05'.
    Maybe the guy could'nt drive??? Rest assured,I have no reason to exaggerate cause I am a huge car enthusiast and really like Mustangs!

Someday I'll get my butt kicked as well,but it was'nt this day!!!

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

hey..where in upstate do u live??? im in rochester...and what highway were u racing on? ...thats pretty nuts on most highways......tons of cops up here....i can only think of one spot in roch i would race somone up to 150..and actually have before.hehe......my 99z28 vs an 01 cobra......pretty even till about 130 or so......then i left him prettty quickly on my way to nailing the 155 on my speedo.....he gave me a ricer flyby as i slowed down......amusing

TWISSTED

RED
    00' Camaro SS/6spd

Right outside of Saratoga!
    Interstate 87
    Yes,I admit it was stupid and I think I'll chill from here on out but it was fun!

Thread Information