Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

My car is undefeated !

This is a discussion on My car is undefeated ! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Im sure this thread will be locked when Mr Moderator reads it in the morning, but I thought I would ...

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Im sure this thread will be locked when Mr Moderator reads it in the morning, but I thought I would throw my 2 cents in first.

One- a stock 01/02 SS can have 375 CRANK horsepower, not rear horsepower. I have read several dyno results with 315 rear wheel horsepower on the 01/02, 375 at the crank minus 15% drivetrain loss= 318 rwhp. So I would say most (01 or newer) WS6's and SS's have around 350 to 360 horsepower at the crank and 305 at the wheels, which means they were under rated from the factory. But there is also those factory freaks out there that have dyno tested at 330 rear wheel horsepower, it happends.

Two- the guy claiming he beat the bikes and all the other cars, it could have happend, we werent there, but I know from experiance, if the bike was trying at all, he would have won by alot. But some bike drivers dont downshift like they should, because they are scared of the bike. But the aerodynamics and horsepower to weight ratio of the bikes is usually way to much for a factory car to handle at any speed.

Three- In the corners, a vette or Supra will walk away from even a great driven SS, simply because they are superior in cornering ability. But once again maybe he has raced some poor drivers who dont know how to corner very well.

As far as a Stock SS Camaro being undefeated, I can only say he has been lucky enough to race some slow cars and or some bad drivers. A stock C5 with a 6 speed and a decent driver and that record will go down. In or out of the curves.

But there is no reason to argue about something you cant prove. Lets all try to get along.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by y2k roadster View Post
    Well then I guess you two ran into the absolute worst riders in the world. rrgray8, you are not that bright when it comes to your knowledge of cars...I posted the quarter mile trap speeds because that is a good indicator of how fast a car or bike is. So you raced from a 50-70 roll...a bone stock 600 would have put a football field on you if he was any type of a competent rider. You talk like you know so much about this hobby but you can't even name the bikes you ran. AND YOU TALKED WITH ONE AT A LIGHT! It says what kind of bike and the CC amount on the bike! You were a few feet from it but don't know what it is? Oh and my post count...lol This name was deleted when the switch over happened. i had to recreate it and could not get my posts back. On LS2.com I am 01magredc5 and have almost 4000 posts...Oh and by the way, my car CAN run bikes down so I know what kind of power it takes...

Oh, I almost forgot about the other ignorant statement that you made about racing in the curves...again, your knowledge is lacking. I talked about a C5 and Supra owners laughing about you because of the handling capabilities of the car. Both cars are designed for road course racing, stock, that is where they shine. Here's a homework assignment for you. Go look up the MPH in the slalom for all three cars and then go find out the average lateral G's that they all pull bone stock. Not magazine racing, go to the forums and talk with the guys that autocross and see if you can find that info out for those three cars BONE STOCK...your car would get murdered even if it had 50 more HP...suspension, braking, and weight are far superior in the Supra and C5...go get educated.
    u talk about what other people drive what do u have ????

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by y2k roadster View Post
    Wow, what does that prove? That your an idiot? Oh and you didn't outrun the cops, they arrested you. You sound like a very careless driver to me. Oh and I don't believe for a second that you have not ducked out of at least one race. Stop living the mid-life crisis and come back to reality...you need to get educated before you start calling people out!
    they got me the next day...do u even have a car ?????

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by random-strike View Post
    removed uncalled for
    nice pic
    Last edited by mrr23; 12-19-2006 at 05:26 AM.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    I'm doing my gears swap on 30th, my Christmas gift from me wife.
    they do 3.23 to 3.73.. they said if I could physically race myself (meaning same car same mods) I'd be 5-6 car lengths ahead on 1/4 mi.. cool

and i can tell you that won't happen. i've done the 3.23 to 3.73 gear swap. 5-6 car lengths would be almost a full second off your et. not going to happen.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

closing down now.

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    and i can tell you that won't happen. i've done the 3.23 to 3.73 gear swap. 5-6 car lengths would be almost a full second off your et. not going to happen.
    hmmm ok, at least shave off .2-.3? eh..

must be a Ford lock cause it ain't working

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Gotta love those ford locks!

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

This turned into one of the funniest threads we've had in awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    Three- In the corners, a vette or Supra will walk away from even a great driven SS, simply because they are superior in cornering ability. But once again maybe he has raced some poor drivers who dont know how to corner very well.
    yes the Supra and C5+ have low stance and good stock suspension, but if you do the Eibach pro kit springs, HD Bliestein shocks and Sub frame connectors like I did on my TA, then the suspesion is superior to those C5+ etc... I raced a C5 with same power, A4 like mine, and I got him by a few car lentgths through corners and stuff.. but yeah SS TA stock suspension is crap.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

it's a time delay lock.........

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information