Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    99 Camaro SS

my 99 SS vs. 00 WS6

This guy on my ship keeps talkin shit about his ws6 smoking my 99 SS. I have a 99 SS bone stock with M6 and 3.42 gears. He has a 00 WS6 A4 and he won't tell me what he has done to it. He always says "what the hell kind of hood is that on your car?" I reply saying it's a ram air hood scoop and he says what kind of loser uses Ram Air. So i said WTF, you have the same type of hood too!
    That makes me think that he doesn't know what he is talking about.
    But I ask around and get this idea that he has maybe a light-mild cam and exhaust (mufflers and tips).
    Can I take him? or should I not bet the $100

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

stock ss vs ws6 with cam and exhaust? i say no way. but what kid of guy makes fun of ram air hoods when he has one?????

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SH1ZN1T View Post
    This guy on my ship keeps talkin shit about his ws6 smoking my 99 SS. I have a 99 SS bone stock with M6 and 3.42 gears. He has a 00 WS6 A4 and he won't tell me what he has done to it. He always says "what the hell kind of hood is that on your car?" I reply saying it's a ram air hood scoop and he says what kind of loser uses Ram Air. So i said WTF, you have the same type of hood too!
    That makes me think that he doesn't know what he is talking about.
    But I ask around and get this idea that he has maybe a light-mild cam and exhaust (mufflers and tips).
    Can I take him? or should I not bet the $100
    do you have this hood?

or this one?

aside from ws6's, i make fun of anything that has that, companies ripped it off and started putting it on everything

black
    2002 firebird trans am

you would lose.

1998 Trans Am

i dont even bother racing other f-bodys, i see them as friends who basically have the exact same car as i do, and why would i want to run a car JUST like mine? i'd rather go out and gang rape some mustangs/riceburners with the other f-bod driver honestly

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

You will get raped. MODDED ls1>stock LS1.
    Last edited by mrr23; 01-26-2010 at 09:24 AM.

Black
    99 Camaro SS

I have the original SS hood scoop. the ws6 scoop only looks good on the ws6 which is where it belongs in the first place.

Of course modded ls1>stock... but i was kinda curious as to how much difference the M6 with 3.42 vs the A4 with the 3.23 would make?

I plan on getting the SLP lid, pro 5.0 short shifter w/ lou's short stick. I don't think that would make much difference, if any compared to the trans and gear difference.

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

If you could get him out on the interstate and do a 3rd gear drop at 65mph, I don't think he'd get you until around 100mph. The extra HP will really begin to show at that point.

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

I plan on getting the SLP lid, pro 5.0 short shifter w/ lou's short stick. I don't think that would make much difference, if any compared to the trans and gear difference.
    that's all good, but seriously look into freeing up some exhaust with some long tubes or even a catback. go the cheapest route with an electric cut-out. just my .02

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by joedude02 View Post
    that's all good, but seriously look into freeing up some exhaust with some long tubes or even a catback. go the cheapest route with an electric cut-out. just my .02
    +1 on the cutouts, i wish i still had stock exhaust so it was quieter and could use the 'outs when i need them

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

do a 3rd gear drop at 65mph, I don't think he'd get you until around 100mph. The extra HP will really begin to show at that point.
    In my 2.73 A4, a 65mph romp will only let the trans down-shift into 3rd and not into 2nd. Sucks because I guess it thinks 2nd is too much, but I think 3rd is not enough... kinda screwy I think. But if this guy is a 3.23, well, I duno about all that.

To me the guy sounds like a moron if he's asking what kind of hood is on your car. That would make me insinuate, he doesn't know much about the F-body/Gen III SBCs. I say bet him a round of beers or a tank of gas just to be safe

Black
    99 Camaro SS

The guy came clean today and said all he has was just a full 3" exhaust, lid, smooth bellow and TB spacer.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

HA HA watch out for the spacer

1998 Trans Am

The guy came clean today and said all he has was just a full 3" exhaust, lid, smooth bellow and TB spacer.
    sounds like he might have around 350fwhp

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

TB spacer? He should try the tornado mod.

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by bene View Post
    TB spacer? He should try the tornado mod.
    i lol @ turbotornado mod

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

RAM AIR is for loosers you need a leaf blower mod to run with me son

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

The only way he would beat you is from a dig anything from a roll as long as you don't break loose the tires you have him. I have all the bolt-ons(a4) and beat my buddies stock 01 from a dig, anything from a roll 50mph up I don't even jump in front of him.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    i dont even bother racing other f-bodys, i see them as friends who basically have the exact same car as i do, and why would i want to run a car JUST like mine? i'd rather go out and gang rape some mustangs/riceburners with the other f-bod driver honestly
    I see them as friends yes but i see it as a perfect race. i always try and race everyone and anyone for that matter especially f-bodies comparable to mine. b/c then it really makes it a true race being who can bang the gears better if u get my drift... I know you said he has an A4 so quite not really applicable but run his ass and show him what a he really is...

+ 2 on the cutout also.....

primered
    1998 z28

i like the wya yall talk and im new to this but im a fucking genius with cars amd i say never be to scared to race any one so either put up or shut up thats the way i see and ur car is nice man but i just got one and i love to race

Thread Information