Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

My 5.0 vs LS1 Z28

This is a discussion on My 5.0 vs LS1 Z28 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by stanger88 When you have traffic already on your ass and the other guy pacing you and not ...

Quote Originally Posted by stanger88 View Post
    When you have traffic already on your ass and the other guy pacing you and not slowing and a truck in front of you (1/4 mile up) getting nearer and nearer as you approach 115, any slower or faster is just as stupid. I dont weave through traffic when racing unlike some assholes. THAT is the shit that ends bad.

Point being, you had NO CLUE as to the circumstances yet you jumped right in condemning it. See how it is on the other side?

If I gave a shit about the circumstances of the race I would have asked about them. Point being the only thing I said was stupid was once again a race in 4th gear at 75. Weaving in and out of traffic is for ricers, and I'm glad that we don't do that.

As far as my opinion on your thread, I'm sorry that you don't like it. After all thats why they call them opinions. They're like assholes...everybody's got one.

Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss View Post
    If I gave a shit about the circumstances of the race I would have asked about them. Point being the only thing I said was stupid was once again a race in 4th gear at 75. Weaving in and out of traffic is for ricers, and I'm glad that we don't do that.

As far as my opinion on your thread, I'm sorry that you don't like it. After all thats why they call them opinions. They're like assholes...everybody's got one.
    Pretty much. But to be honest, I dont care about the circumstances of yours either. Sounds like ur a roll racer to me as well. Get over it.

Race whenever you can. Thats why we bought these cars.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Stopping on the freeway with everybody running 80 seems a little foolish to me. If somebody rolls up on me on I40 and wants to run 'em, I don't give a shit what mph we start at, as long as its above 65.

Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post

Stopping on the freeway with everybody running 80 seems a little foolish to me. If somebody rolls up on me on I40 and wants to run 'em, I don't give a shit what mph we start at, as long as its above 65.

TY, there were no pinks, $$, or grudge points at stake here. Just having fun, damn. Take it for what it is...a good time.

1987 RS P/Grey
    1988 Z28 Red

lol everyone who is so "adimently apposed" to roll races are so quick to have to come and drop their .02$. Really I mean come on guys it was a fucking thing we all do. We cruising on the free way or highway or even 2 lane empty road. N someone in a muslce car gives you the sign hey lets have some pnoy car fun what are you gonna down put down your window and shout "Roll Races are Gay, lets come to a complete stop somewhere appropriete and race illegally under better conditions..." Yea in a perfect world but this is one of those hey f*ckit I got some room between my foot an the floor lets see what happens... Its for the love of the cars we got. Leave it alone on that note. "Cant we all just get along..." lol... -Rev

1987 RS P/Grey
    1988 Z28 Red

Oh yea an Stanger just hand to mention that you can make reasonablly fast 5.0's even street able for not to much money(depends on your budget) but forced induction isnt nessecarly the way to go with certain storker kits, thats why the 5.0 withstood over the Z-28's n T/A's, the ease of modification and price of the vechical. I cant wait to see what happens with the 09 Cameros, Hopen for an 10' 11' T/A as well...-Rev

white
    85 S10

Come on way dose every on got to beet up on the mustangs? Iv been around them all. Iv got a S10 383 supercharged tci t350 with a trans brake and a lot more<<<, and i put a 98 mustang togather for my wife and if i dont us the tbrake and just about blow my tires off getting them hot she get me out of the hole!

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Holy year-old thread batman.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

f--ckit i got some room between my foot and the floor lets see what happens

thats great man dont mind if i use that do ya?

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by NiteRiderWs6 View Post
    for a 5.0 to keep up with an LS1 it HAS to be HIGHLY modded..i ran a guy a few days back that had a 5.0 with a Long list of mods and we ran from a 10mph roll and I pulled on him by about 2 cars and he said he had about $6000 invested in it
    $6000 could have gotten him a pair of Canfield heads, Track Heat intake, and a wild cam + supporting mods. He should have been in the 11's (low 12's atleast) with that kind of cash invested in a fox-body. He sure didn't know how to spend his money.

Give me $6000 and a stock 5.0 and I will peel the paint off an LS1 when I come by.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Gimme 6K and a stock LS1 F-bod and I can peel the paint off any fox 5.0 with 6K in mods. Your point being?

The LS1 is a better car, just like the new stuff is better than my 99 Z.

Cars by nature will only improve as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by NiteRiderWs6 View Post
    for a 5.0 to keep up with an LS1 it HAS to be HIGHLY modded..i ran a guy a few days back that had a 5.0 with a Long list of mods and we ran from a 10mph roll and I pulled on him by about 2 cars and he said he had about $6000 invested in it
    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Gimme 6K and a stock LS1 F-bod and I can peel the paint off any fox 5.0 with 6K in mods. Your point being?

The LS1 is a better car, just like the new stuff is better than my 99 Z.

Cars by nature will only improve as time goes on.
    My point is if he invested 6k in a Mustang and then got out ran by a stock or near stock LS1 he either broke something or he passed out behind the wheel. 6k will buy H/C/I, supercharger, plus gears, slicks, etc. I am not arguing about opinions based on different cars. I have owned both. I currently have a 98 Formula with a 383ci LS1 and a Vortech T trim. I also have a 95 Mustang GT that is my drag car.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information