Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Red face My 2nd GTO Run... eh

Ok this is my second time racing a GTO and being shocked at the lack of power once again. The first one was stock (last year) This one had mods (a few weeks ago) both 5.7 A4
    Well we were on the highway and we slowed down enough for me to drop to second and he honked 3 times and we got on it. I pulled some but he stayed with me. This thing was loud and sounded like a beast. We ran up until about 110 and let off.
    We lined up again but instead of dropping to 2nd I downshifted to 3rd for fear of my clutch might not come back up (it does this at high rpm) need new one this time he pulled on me by 3/4 a car but i managed to hang.
    We got off the highway and spoke come to find out he had a cam which i could hear while his car was sitting idle, headers, and catback
    Why did this race go the way it did. Me with my nothing but a slp loudmouth

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

1. weight
    2. areo dynamics
    3. drive train
    4. driver

nice kill by the way!

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Do you have to put fluid in the clutch reservoir? If so, your slave cylinder is about shot. Soon, it will start leaking like a sieve and your clutch will not work, and neither will your car.

Good kill, those GTO's are sweet, and I think with the mods involved you should have gotten walked. But I am not calling BS. I raced a 2.73 pullied cobra and hung with him, for no apparent reason, other than maybe his stuff wasn't tuned properly.

I have outrun an 05 GTO at the track. That was my only race against one. Hell, I put two cars on him before the trap.

Some are wicked, some are slow for no apparent reason.

There was a yellow one at Carolina Auto Masters that sounded like it had a decent cam in it, turns out she churns out, to the tune of 500 rwhp N/A.

I saw a blue one there that looked completely stock, then you look under the hood and there was a polished roots blower and the works. A true 600 rwhp sleeper.

Box of chocolates my friend!
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    honestly you shoulda lost...he prob didnt have a cam....people have wayy too bleak of an outlook on 04 gto's...they put round 280-290rwhp cause of the drivetrain (you=round 315rwhp)...but its still a ls1 with a ls6 intake manifold, the engine still responds to mods just as good as ls1 f-bods...yeah they run high 13's stock, and what ls1 f bods run low 13's stock...not that big of a difference...i guarantee he didnt have a cam, cause even if he had the smallest, pussiest cam available it still woulda walked you...considering he was loud he prob had just full exhaust...which will put him a lil more of what u have but he does weigh 300lbs more so there ya go
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Sounds accurate.

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Do you have to put fluid in the clutch reservoir? If so, your slave cylinder is about shot. Soon, it will start leaking like a sieve and your clutch will not work, and neither will your car.
    What?

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    honestly you shoulda lost...he prob didnt have a cam....people have wayy too bleak of an outlook on 04 gto's...they put round 280-290rwhp cause of the drivetrain (you=round 315rwhp)...but its still a ls1 with a ls6 intake manifold, the engine still responds to mods just as good as ls1 f-bods...yeah they run high 13's stock, and what ls1 f bods run low 13's stock...not that big of a difference...i guarantee he didnt have a cam, cause even if he had the smallest, pussiest cam available it still woulda walked you...considering he was loud he prob had just full exhaust...which will put him a lil more of what u have but he does weigh 300lbs more so there ya go
    I know how a cam sounds though. He had one unless he has something wrong with his motor that makes it hit like it has a cam.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
    What?
    Am I speaking Russian or something?

SLAVE CYLINDER LEAK REAL BAD

CLUTCH STOP WORK

CAR WON'T GO, NO CLUTCH

Black
    2000 Z-28

DA! lol

I remember having a HUGE debate on cycleforums.com about how weight doesnt have an effect on top end....

Wanna start one here?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    I remember having a HUGE debate on cycleforums.com about how weight doesnt have an effect on top end....

Wanna start one here?
    It has no effect on top speed.

It does, however, have a rather large effect on acceleration.

Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
    I know how a cam sounds though. He had one unless he has something wrong with his motor that makes it hit like it has a cam.
    well i dunno man, musta not been tuned or sumtin then..cause if he was, he woulda killed you...gto's are no slouchs..even the ls1's

Black
    2004 GTO

well i dunno man, musta not been tuned or sumtin then..cause if he was, he woulda killed you...gto's are no slouchs..even the ls1's
    I would have to agree. I raced a buddy of mine that has a A4 WS6 and my goat is a M6 and stayed right with him. Both cars are dead stock.

Quote Originally Posted by BKHgto04 View Post
    I would have to agree. I raced a buddy of mine that has a A4 WS6 and my goat is a M6 and stayed right with him. Both cars are dead stock.
    i feel ya man...its sucks when people have these bleak outlooks toward ls1 goats..it gives us a bad name, till we hang with their ls1 f-bods or kill them that is,lol

Black
    2004 GTO

i feel ya man...its sucks when people have these bleak outlooks toward ls1 goats..it gives us a bad name, till we hang with their ls1 f-bods or kill them that is,lol
    That's ok. Wait till some of us Goat owners get out from under our warranties and or payments and we will see what everybody says then. I mean come on,Hell no I cant keep up with your fully modded 150 shot sprayed F-Body,I just threw 30,000 down on a new ride. Just my .02.

Thread Information