Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My '11 GT Vs '98 SS *video*

My friend and I have been talking crap to each other for a few weeks about racing.

The weather finally co-operated and we were able to get a few runs in. Our camera man was horrible. But at least we got some video out of it.

'11 5.0 Mods:
    CAI
    Tune
    Axle back
    3:73
    LCA's

'98 SS Mods:
    LS6 swap heads and cam
    Full lenght headers
    slp cat-back
    Typhoon intake manifold
    Slp smooth bellows
    slp lid
    Full suspension with ebiach lowering springs
    JE pistons
    carillo rods
    comp lifters
    Monster Clutch

Run 1: 20 - 120 GT can't hear the honks to well. SS gets the jump. GT reals him in a bit then misses 4th gear. The W goes to the SS.

Run 2: 1- 120 GT and SS leave at the same time. GT by roughly 3 or 4 cars at 120ish. The W goes to the GT

Run 3: Dig run. Not captured on video. GT and SS both spin like hell. GT shuts down at around 80 with 1 1/2 cars on the SS. The W goes to the GT

Video. Watch in HD! Enjoy!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkb7EwH0M4s[/ame]

P.S. my car weighs about 200lbs more than his also. It is the GT/CS fully loaded with the glass roof.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Camaro needs a tune asap or something because that doesn't add up

A H/C LS6 will out run a heavier 5.0 with those mods

PS: Get more info on what type of H/C/Tune on that Maro! The Video says "Bolt On" SS, not H/C!
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Camaro needs a tune asap or something because that doesn't add up

A H/C LS6 will out run a heavier 5.0 with those mods

PS: Get more info on what type of H/C/Tune on that Maro! The Video says "Bolt On" SS, not H/C!
    It is only LS6 heads and LS6 cam. Those add about nothing. Today we are installing a MS4 into his car. We are going to run again after he gets his MS4 tuned.

I dynoed at 411 RWHP on a mustang dyno with my mods. He was like 380 or so.

He is also just waiting on some misc. nitrous parts to come in so we can finish up his N20 install.. I have to beat up on his while I can!

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Those new stangs are no joke with just basic bolt ons just pull impressive rwhp numbers. I was lucky to barely pull a stock, barely, lol.

White w/black leather
    1995 Ford Cobra #259

Nice kill!

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Were you really in Mexico? Nice runs! Can we get some pics of that GT?

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I am surprised the ss got beat, too. But, baby heads and cam. Just shows how impressive the new GT really is.

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Were you really in Mexico? Nice runs! Can we get some pics of that GT?
    Ask you shall receive!

Street trim

Race Trim

vanity Plate

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Did they go over this over on tech? From what you and the other owner said the ls6 car doesnt have a very good tune and it kinda shows a full bolt on ls6 in an fbody should be around 400whp. Anyway a win is a win so good job. Get the ls6 tuned properly though and I'm willing to be it would be a lot different

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    Did they go over this over on tech? From what you and the other owner said the ls6 car doesnt have a very good tune and it kinda shows a full bolt on ls6 in an fbody should be around 400whp. Anyway a win is a win so good job. Get the ls6 tuned properly though and I'm willing to be it would be a lot different
    We raced with his proper tune. He gained 22HP out of his old tune. I still won. We are installing a MS4 cam as I type this. He might win after that.

I am sure he will post up here to let you know that his 380RWHP after a good tune still lost. I am sure with the MS4 he will make well over 400. But he will still loose if I spray.

My new spray numbers are 585RWHP 614RWTQ on a 175 shot.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

ya def not doubting the 5.0 cuz theyre in fact badass but that vid is the same one thats been on tech for a couple weeks and where the ss claimed he only made 360 to the wheels and didnt have the retune yet is there a new video after it got tuned.

ya def not doubting the 5.0 cuz theyre in fact badass but that vid is the same one thats been on tech for a couple weeks and where the ss claimed he only made 360 to the wheels and didnt have the retune yet is there a new video after it got tuned.
    No we were alone. But the outcome wasnt really different. I would say we are 45 minutes from a untuned MS4 race hahaha. almost got shit back together!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

So a LS6 with LS6 H/C's isn't a LS6 H/C car.....its just a plain old LS6 with full bolt ons that is dynoing low. LS6's usually dyno 380 rwhp stock let alone with headers/intake/etc...

Good kill nonetheless but the description just wasn't that accurate.

EDIT: A MS4 in a LS6 even with stock LS6 heads will go well over 400rwhp, just sayin! If you spray, he obviously doesn't have a chance.

Regardless of the mods on the camaro, it's obvious to most people these stangs aren't anything to sneeze at.
    It's been discussed before,,,that our 4th gens need some serious mods to even keep pace with a mild 5.0 nowadays, and this video is just another example of that.

Those stangs are sweet running cars, and if I were on the market for a new car, I'd possibly have one in my driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Regardless of the mods on the camaro, it's obvious to most people these stangs aren't anything to sneeze at.
    It's been discussed before,,,that our 4th gens need some serious mods to even keep pace with a mild 5.0 nowadays, and this video is just another example of that.

Those stangs are sweet running cars, and if I were on the market for a new car, I'd possibly have one in my driveway.
    You would not regret it Firebird.

I have had several F-bodies.. Built procharged SS makeing 650HP, Head, cam, stall, N20 car & and 03 cobra. This is by far the nicest riding funnest car I have owned.

My wife and I drove the 5th gen and the 11 GT. We both decided on the GT. For a bunch of different reasons anyway. But I wish the 5th gen didn't feel like a boat cause I love the looks of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000ss1979 View Post
    You would not regret it Firebird.

I have had several F-bodies.. Built procharged SS makeing 650HP, Head, cam, stall, N20 car & and 03 cobra. This is by far the nicest riding funnest car I have owned.

My wife and I drove the 5th gen and the 11 GT. We both decided on the GT. For a bunch of different reasons anyway. But I wish the 5th gen didn't feel like a boat cause I love the looks of them.
    That sounds like alot of the other people I've talked to. My neighbor felt the same way and bought a new mustang as well after driving the new camaro more than once.

Since I'm a nostalgia guy from an older generation,,,I tend to gravitate towards the new challenger, since it's the more retro looking of the big 3. So for me it would come down to a choice of,,,,,do I want the out of the box performance the mustang provides,,,,,or do I want the looks of the challenger and then add the performance later???
    Thankfully, I'm not on the market for a new car so I don't have to make that difficult decision

You seriously outclass him in HP. There's no story here. Move along.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    So a LS6 with LS6 H/C's isn't a LS6 H/C car.....its just a plain old LS6 with full bolt ons that is dynoing low. LS6's usually dyno 360 rwhp stock let alone with headers/intake/etc...

Good kill nonetheless but the description just wasn't that accurate.

EDIT: A MS4 in a LS6 even with stock LS6 heads will go well over 400rwhp, just sayin! If you spray, he obviously doesn't have a chance.
    My thoughts exactly i still say thats a bit low bolt on c5 z's dyno 390ish and thats with power sapping irs in there are a few people on tech that dyno 400 with an ls6 swap and bolt ons and trap upward of 116 full weight.Thats well in the realm of any bolt on 5.0. The 5.0 walked away like nothing if it was a bolt on ls1 i'd say its accurate 116>110 trap looks about right from the vid but no ls6 car should be trapping that low. Not knocking the 5.0 but that ls6 dyno still doesnt sound right

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

My thoughts exactly i still say thats a bit low bolt on c5 z's dyno 390ish and thats with power sapping irs in there are a few people on tech that dyno 400 with an ls6 swap and bolt ons and trap upward of 116 full weight.Thats well in the realm of any bolt on 5.0. The 5.0 walked away like nothing if it was a bolt on ls1 i'd say its accurate 116>110 trap looks about right from the vid but no ls6 car should be trapping that low. Not knocking the 5.0 but that ls6 dyno still doesnt sound right

A win is a win and the 5.0 clearly pounded on the Maro but something isn't right here.

And that's what it comes down to, a win is a win regardless of dyno numbers. That's street racing, and we don't race dyno's. These two chose to race each other and there is your outcome. Run what ya brung, and bring enough for a new 5.0, because they apparantly run good right out of the box.

Thread Information