Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

my 02ssvs04 cobra

This is a discussion on my 02ssvs04 cobra within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by 01ws6er It was a joke dude, didn't you see all the little guys behind the wall and ...

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    It was a joke dude, didn't you see all the little guys behind the wall and white flags I'm just havin a little fun seeing as some of the Ford guys can't.
    I know it was a joke lol ..........I was just adding to my story

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    Bud, comparing a low 13 sec. ls1 to a shit box mid 15 sec. 96 4.6 GT isnt the same as comparing the cobra and ls1.

At least the ls1 and cobra are close in 1/4 mile times. But you picked the single worst v8 mustang in the past 20 years to compare to a 2002 ls1.

You are also forgeting how shitty the driver was in the cobra. Just because he had the horse dosent mean he knew how to use it.
    Amen man! A guy on here (TempleU_ws6) and I were goin to my parents for the weekend and we raced a cammed, ported heads, bolt on 94 stang with a 2002 Ws6 with lid, catback, and subframe connectors and we put at least 6-7 lengths from 50-110. The kid was a good driver too, and when we stopped to talk he was surprised by how little work (TempleU) had done, but then said "Oh well, you got more from the factory than I have haha."

It's usually the other way around for us ls1 guys when it comes to the 03' 04' Cobra, but this time the big bad termi lost. wWhy is it so hard to accept that maybe the guy didn't know how to drive?

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Good F' in Kill!!! And you got the video to prove it. So those Ford guys, I won't say any names (Flash, Trick Stang, 99 Kobra) can't say otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Why would you bring my name up as im pretty sure ived never said bs to any kill on this forum that I can remember?
    Im still waiting for an answer.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    Bud, comparing a low 13 sec. ls1 to a shit box mid 15 sec. 96 4.6 GT isnt the same as comparing the cobra and ls1.

At least the ls1 and cobra are close in 1/4 mile times. But you picked the single worst v8 mustang in the past 20 years to compare to a 2002 ls1.

You are also forgeting how shitty the driver was in the cobra. Just because he had the horse dosent mean he knew how to use it.
    + 10 for that statement.

My old instructor had a '94 GT 5-speed that bested 15.3 in the low 90's in stock form. He did a Paxton supercharger at 7 psi and a cat-back - nothing else, and wen't mid-low 14's. What a shame.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

I put a few bus lengths on a kids 98 mustang GT (he is in my auto mechanics class in college)...it was sad, and that was with my stock exhaust...my friends bolt on SS beat a Cobra too...but the guy just bought the cobra. I like cobra's, they are sick, and I dont think they get the best respect, but the are fast and pretty wicked with a supercharger, I just have always been a F-Body guy!

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Demon_Z28 View Post
    I put a few bus lengths on a kids 98 mustang GT (he is in my auto mechanics class in college)...it was sad, and that was with my stock exhaust...ahahaha
    '98 GT - ha. MM&FF flogged the s*** out of a bone-stock one in an old issue, and was finally able to break 14's w/ a 14.99 after about 10 runs.

Approver of Threads SpecterGT260's Avatar

Blacked out
    '98 Trans Am

hey, the 96 GT is really fast for a civic :S

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by SpecterGT260 View Post
    hey, the 96 GT is really fast for a civic :S

Red
    2001 Trash Can

+ 10 for that statement.

My old instructor had a '94 GT 5-speed that bested 15.3 in the low 90's in stock form. He did a Paxton supercharger at 7 psi and a cat-back - nothing else, and wen't mid-low 14's. What a shame.
    An old buddy from high school rebuilt his 94 stang...347 stroker, cam, heads, trick flow intake (upper/lower) Built T5 and 9", an I think 4.10's and I heard he can't do better than 13.3. Used to run very low 14's (his best was 14.02 I believe) with only cam an bolt ons...

We're supposed to meet up and race one night, so I'm excited to see how I'll fare. I hear the bastard also has 100shot that he hasn't used yet, damnit lol.

10's N/A

An old buddy from high school rebuilt his 94 stang...347 stroker, cam, heads, trick flow intake (upper/lower) Built T5 and 9", an I think 4.10's and I heard he can't do better than 13.3. Used to run very low 14's (his best was 14.02 I believe) with only cam an bolt ons...

We're supposed to meet up and race one night, so I'm excited to see how I'll fare. I hear the bastard also has 100shot that he hasn't used yet, damnit lol.
    I knew of a similar case where a guy had a '95 Saleen w/ a 331 stroker and was running consistant 13.50's.

Assuming your just slightly modded, as long as he doesn't squeeze that 100-shot I think you'll get the win.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

I knew of a similar case where a guy had a '95 Saleen w/ a 331 stroker and was running consistant 13.50's.

Assuming your just slightly modded, as long as he doesn't squeeze that 100-shot I think you'll get the win.
    Yea, bolt ons (minus tb), a new ls7 clutch, and Td's. He's a damn good driver too, so hopefully I don't screw up. It'd be nice to go motor/motor 1st to see what he's got. We're supposed to do it at the track, but I-95 isn't too far, and I'm sure he'd be down for a roll race too.

10's N/A

Yea, bolt ons (minus tb), a new ls7 clutch, and Td's. He's a damn good driver too, so hopefully I don't screw up. It'd be nice to go motor/motor 1st to see what he's got. We're supposed to do it at the track, but I-95 isn't too far, and I'm sure he'd be down for a roll race too.
    Yeah looks like you've got the motor to motor run in the bag.

Blacked out
    '98 Trans Am

i dunno..... I ran a 306 with full edelbrock top end, 303 cam, and full boltons and supporting mods in a 95, we were dead even when I had lid and catback. I know hes got a little more than I had then, but that guy should be significantly faster than the one I ran.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Just as a comparison I ran 13.3, 13.1, then 13.2 my first time at the track about a month ago now. all runs were @110, so I should actually be running high 12's. It's the same track he runs on as well...

10's N/A

Just as a comparison I ran 13.3, 13.1, then 13.2 my first time at the track about a month ago now. all runs were @110, so I should actually be running high 12's. It's the same track he runs on as well...
    Get some tires. You could be in the mid 12's. Don't be scared of that 10-bolt - lol.

Blacked out
    '98 Trans Am

my run at the time was 13.3 as well. it depends alot on his tune. I have vids of the race. i actually murdered him before he got tuned. Ill dig them up here:
    before tune
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...with_89131.htm

aftertune
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/T...-GT_108980.htm

this was before my LTs and cam and nitrous. in the first vid the GT driver comes into the comments with some minor mod corrections, but the list in the video is copied and pasted straight from a PM i got from him.

Good F' in Kill!!! And you got the video to prove it. So those Ford guys, I won't say any names (Flash, Trick Stang, 99 Kobra) can't say otherwise.
    Why would you bring my name up as im pretty sure ived never said bs to any kill on this forum that I can remember?

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ten View Post
    Ok.. so I don't get why you would give him a thumbs down? Nice guy in a nice car..
    the guy was driving like a total asshole, i mean 16 year old in a civic status, swerving in and out of traffic just to run me, revving his engine and being am noxious, i replied with my feelings towards him not the race

Quote Originally Posted by 94VortechGT View Post
    The chances of that ever happening are slim to none. I don't care how good of a driver you are. There isn't much to wining a roll race. Especially when you have over a 100hp advantage.
    My point is the guy "says" he killed the Cobra and provides a video that could mean anything. You guys fall all over it like that's the way it should have went down. Seriously, I'll give the LS1 credit where it is due but this whole story seems too far fetched. I guarantee if some guy came on here saying he pulled a car length from a roll on a 02 SS in his stock 96 4.6 Mustang, you all would be the first to throw the BS flag on it. Why wouldn't you expect the same in return?
    well, i dont know what to tell you, i raced this cobra 20-100mph, pulled a car right away and maintained it all the way down, screaming blower coming from behind but nothing at my door, call it bs, i dont really car, thats what everyone said about me beating the cobra from a dig, then i show a vid of my dragging its ass by 2 or 3 lengths at the top of the track, and suddenly the excuses come flying out. you can what if all you want, the point is watch the vid again and again, the winner aint gonna change cause its got over 100 rwhp difference, that car has been dyno tuned mid 5's to the ground. i guess a light foot and swift shifting would have served him well.

my first time at the track with my 02 on a hot summer day my best was 13.4 at 111. with a 2.4

my second time out to the shitty ass 1/4 strip was a 12.89 at 110 with a 2.0 60

both passes on my toyo street tires. when i run at the 1/8 mile track with gobs of traction i see the usual low 1.9's the occasional high 1.8's and my best 60 a 1.809 on same tires, my fastest 1/8 pass is 8.39 at 85 bone stock except a k&n filter. m6 btw.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

details please, someone answer this guy lol

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by SpecterGT260 View Post
    my run at the time was 13.3 as well. it depends alot on his tune. I have vids of the race. i actually murdered him before he got tuned. Ill dig them up here:
    before tune
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...with_89131.htm

aftertune
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/T...-GT_108980.htm

this was before my LTs and cam and nitrous. in the first vid the GT driver comes into the comments with some minor mod corrections, but the list in the video is copied and pasted straight from a PM i got from him.
    I remember seeing that vid last year and laughing MAO!! Crazy how he had all those mods; increased displacement, compression bump, heads, cam, the whole 9 and still got walked even after the tune.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information