Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

My 02 SS versus 300C SRT8

A few weeks ago I was cruising down route 30 in the SS minding my own business. I look behind me and see a Chrysler 300C SRT8 weaving through traffic coming up on me. I had seen him behind me a few lights back.

He gets up beside me at the very next stop light and revs it up a few times. I look over at him and it's a guy with 2 of his boys in the car with him. He revs it up again. I asked him, what do you have done? His response was he had a Jet chip. I said, OK, well let's go then.

We didn't launch off from first, but it was more from about a 15MPH roll. I pulled on him a good 1/2 car and by the time I hit 2nd I had a good car length on him. Half way through 3rd we had to slow down but I had him by I would guess a car and a half at least.

He pulls up next to me again and says: Damn boy, what do you have done? I simply said, looks like you need to get another chip. I'm stock. Hahaha. He put his head down and was laughing. Real cool guy. Gave me the thumbs up and went on his way. I'm obv. not stock, but pretty close to it!

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Good kill, i really like the 300C SRT8. Fast and good family car. There are a few in my area but never have a chance to race one. Hopefully i can pull on one like you did. Atleast the guy was real cool, he could've been an a** in front of his buddies.

millenium yellow/green
    '02 CETA, '71 Firebird

Good work But its nice to see someone who can lose and not be a db about it

2011 Prius

I would not race one around here, it may be a cop... Damn cops took one from drug dealer, allong with two SRT-8 Chargers that was in his "crew".

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

These three guys were "homies". I thought I was pretty safe lol.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    These three guys were "homies". I thought I was pretty safe lol.
    Lol, when I first read it, I thought it was his kids, lol.

01 modded gtp

Nice kill my friend has a 300c srt-8 and they are really fast, but they are no ls1

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Lol, when I first read it, I thought it was his kids, lol.
    Haha me too! I was like what asshole street races with children in the car lol
    2001 Camaro SS M6 SLP LMII, Lid
    1987 iroc-z RIP 5.7 TPI Full exhaust, lingenfelter intake runners (gone but not forgotten)
    1991 bmw 325i DD

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

Might have been more interesting if it had been the driver by himself.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by mbrownin View Post
    Might have been more interesting if it had been the driver by himself.
    I couldn't agree more. Having all that extra weight in the car definitely hurt him.

White
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    I would not race one around here, it may be a cop... Damn cops took one from drug dealer, allong with two SRT-8 Chargers that was in his "crew".
    I was out in my red C6 in Tavares on 441. Shines you know where I'm talking about.

A red Charger Daytona with dark tinted windows does a u-turn and catches up to me.

we end up at a light and he revs. Well I knew the story and that he was a cop so I decided to play with him. I reved back and edged up. He edges up and revs. When the light turned green I just took off normal and he launches full tilt.

Two lights later we end up at the same light so I put my window down and motioned for him o put his down. He put it down about 3 inches so I couldn't see the lights or that he was a cop.

I told him he needed to watch it, there was too many people and driving like that he was going to hurt someone. He just said whatever, so I said do it again and I'm calling the cops on you a**hole. He just put his window up.

Nice kill OP.

I keep trying to find a SRT8 that runs some of the times I see posted or in magazines. I think Chrysler gives the mags ringers. The best I've seen a stock one run is 13.6. Granted we have heat and humidity, but they just don't perform as well as I've heard. I go to the track twice a month so it's not that I'm not out there watching too.

willys srt8
    i've seen alot of SRT-8s run crap times. all in one day. however, it was a bunch of first timmers at the track that came up with a club. the rest of us were all 11.xx- 13.3. obviously some were more heavily modded than others. but within those times, it ran the spectrum from heavy modded to stock.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Nice time!
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
    I was out in my red C6 in Tavares on 441. Shines you know where I'm talking about.

A red Charger Daytona with dark tinted windows does a u-turn and catches up to me.

we end up at a light and he revs. Well I knew the story and that he was a cop so I decided to play with him. I reved back and edged up. He edges up and revs. When the light turned green I just took off normal and he launches full tilt.

Two lights later we end up at the same light so I put my window down and motioned for him o put his down. He put it down about 3 inches so I couldn't see the lights or that he was a cop.

I told him he needed to watch it, there was too many people and driving like that he was going to hurt someone. He just said whatever, so I said do it again and I'm calling the cops on you a**hole. He just put his window up.

Nice kill OP.

I keep trying to find a SRT8 that runs some of the times I see posted or in magazines. I think Chrysler gives the mags ringers. The best I've seen a stock one run is 13.6. Granted we have heat and humidity, but they just don't perform as well as I've heard. I go to the track twice a month so it's not that I'm not out there watching too.
    Oh shit, I just noticed your in my area! Yea, I only been seeing the red Daytona lately... Its been atleast a year since I seen the SRT-8's, last time I saw one was in the back roads.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

They used to try and race peopel and then bust them in a blue WRX around here. Till someone sued for a shit ton of money because its called entrapment and it is illegal.

pewter and white
    02 and 95 both z28's

i raced a charger srt-8 a week ago and just walked away from him, only the guy was a db about it.

99 Z28 04 Corvette

There was this asshole in this impala riding my ass when I was in my 86 z28, so i sped up a bit to get some distance between us but he speeds up. He's pretty much right on my bumper so im getting pissed n floor it. He attempts to keep up but fails badly. I got way ahead of him and slowed back down and he catches right back up and flips his lights on. but it wasn't even a cop. it was the fucking jailor. He starts telling me to slow down and I had to explain to him if he wasnt trying to race me I wouldnt drive like that. Im pretty sure he gets in more trouble than I do for that. Jailor pretending to be a cophttp://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=j6hjs7&s=3
    That's a link to a pic of my car

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    They used to try and race peopel and then bust them in a blue WRX around here. Till someone sued for a shit ton of money because its called entrapment and it is illegal.
    It's not entrapment in Florida. The only way it would be construed as entrapment here is if the racers were offered an unreasonable amount of money to entice them to commit a criminal act that they would not normally commit. IE if someone would normally race if they were revved at, revving at them to entice them to race is fair game. However if the cop were to rev at someone and they didnt race then the cop offered him 5,000$ to race, that would be considered entrapment. That's how the law is here, and in Texas where I used to be a Police Officer. Some states are different though.

White
    2002 Z28

Exactly Wood.

A female police officer dressed very sexy and walking in a know area for prostitutes isn't entrapment. She can even say hey baby are you looking for a date ...etc..... It's only entrapment if she initiates the sex for money.

A narcotics officer is on a corner. A person pulls up and asks if they have any. They show the narcotics they have. As long as they don't offer to sell the product to you, but let you ask how much or offer a price, it isn't entrapment.

Entrapment is tough to win in any state.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

They way i look at it is, if you just obey the laws and do what your suppose to do meaning dont speed and so on you should'nt have to worry or care if its entrapment or not wether the guy next to you is a cop or not. Simply because there is nothing for them to charge you with if you do what your suppose to do. Have we all broken the traffic laws, sure i have and several times. Some get caught, some eventually get caught and some get caught all the time. You take a risk and you pay the price. I live near Glendale, CA and the cops out there are VERY strict, especially if your a young driver in a fast car. You do the best you can and if they want to pull you over there gonna pull you over but lots of states have certain cities were cops are very strict and you just have to be extra carefull in your driving behavior.

Thread Information