Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    2000 trans am ws6 a4

Mustang pulls on me.WTF?!!??

ok so im going east this morning on i30. there is this blue mustang must have been at least an 08 or 09 gt.had the big scoop.he got next to me and im thinking "let me kill this mustang real quick".so i look over and hes grinning i drop it in 4th and rev it up.hes does nothing.im thinking he doesnt want any so i shifted to 5th and pulled ahead about 10 cars.then i see him pulling hard on my left.he switches lanes behind me and now hes coming up on my passenger side hard.i did not shift to 4th cause we were already at 80-85.i punched it but he kept pulling and pulling were were at 125 when he let off.i think my clutch ws slipping.could his car have been stock?what the f is going on here?i just did the drill mod so i know my 130k mile clutch is grabbing harder then it did.maybe thats why its slipping now.shoulnt have my car pulled on a stang?might have been a 2010.not sure.
    forgot to add i have longtubes,but they are going into 2.5inch pipes to a 3inch catback.thats about it.
    Last edited by Leeroyws6; 05-15-2010 at 02:21 PM.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

well if your clutch slips the rpms would've climbed a bit and then it would start to accelerate not sure in your case that your car did that. Even if it was a 05+ mustang Gt with that much head start it would be hard to gain and pull on him. Maybe he was modded and maybe it was a 2011 but either way atleast you posted a defeat which i give you respect.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Nitrous...

red
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am

driver mod possibly? just messin

black
    2000 trans am ws6 a4

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    well if your clutch slips the rpms would've climbed a bit and then it would start to accelerate not sure in your case that your car did that. Even if it was a 05+ mustang Gt with that much head start it would be hard to gain and pull on him. Maybe he was modded and maybe it was a 2011 but either way atleast you posted a defeat which i give you respect.
    yeah when i down shift to 4th and punch it,the rpms do climb for a second then the car car starts pulling hard.im sure its slipping,but it still pulls hard.i underestimated that stupid pony.i think it would have been different if i downshifted and started to rev sooner rather than waiting till hes even with me before i punch it.by that time hes in full power band,and up in momentum.need that ls7 clutch.and driver mod

black
    2000 trans am ws6 a4

Quote Originally Posted by pulaski_ls1 View Post
    driver mod possibly? just messin
    4 real.i think if my brain was thinking and i downshifted it would have been different.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

I don't believe your story. The Mustang had to be either on a 200 shot, or you didn't have your foot more than halfway to the floor. No other way that car could have beaten yours.

black
    01 camaro SS

lol why is it so hard to phathom that a mustang can beat an ls1 car from time to time.. 05-08 GT's with a couple of bolt ons and a tune can hang right with a stockish LS1. or he may have had somethin more you just never know.. some of you guys need to get over yourselves seriously.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

So let me get this straight.....You were at 80-85mph and kept it in fifth gear. While he on the other hand is getting a run at you. Anytime someone is getting a run on you, not only do you have to match his speed, you then have to pull hard to pull away.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

2011 Mustang GTs do 12s stock. That would be the reason. All years before that can be beaten by a stock LS1.

black
    2000 trans am ws6 a4

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    I don't believe your story. The Mustang had to be either on a 200 shot, or you didn't have your foot more than halfway to the floor. No other way that car could have beaten yours.
    hmmmm.well i just admitted i got killed.what part of my story do you not believe?like i said i had it in fifth and didnt downshift like i probably should have.my stock clutch has 135k on it.im all stock except for longtubes.i had my foot in the gas.he pulled on me but he didnt walk away from me.i stayed at about his bumper all the way to 125.but we were approaching traffic so who knows i might have walked on him if we kept at it.i was just very suprised to see that pony a nose ahead of me.i thought for sure i would have walked away from him.maybe he had a supercharger or something?trust me i thought the same thing you did.

I do believe he is being sarcastic.Cause you think your car will beat every mustang out there.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

You should have downshifted, and its not really a race if it starts at 80-85.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Try roasting your crow. It'll be easier to get down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I like grilling mine with a nice brown sugar based rub

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

silver
    2002 ws6

you lost cause you were in 5th. driver error.

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

It's like a 50mph kick one car in 3rd and one in 4th. Who do think will pull harder. Driver error, better luck with the next one.

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Leeroyws6 View Post
    i think my clutch ws slipping.
    ? you kinda sound like a mustang driver

black
    2000 trans am ws6 a4

Quote Originally Posted by pewterz55 View Post
    ? you kinda sound like a mustang driver
    you're funny.yeah my stock clutch which has over 135k was as strong as a textrilia.i already admitted i didnt downshift.why are you busting my balls?im not by far the greatest driver.i should have downshifted.guys on this forum have been really cool.but whatever.it is what it is.live and learn. no big deal.if you feel like you wanna bust my balls go ahead.....after all i lost to a pony!

black
    2002 firebird trans am

If he was already flying by you, it would have been hard to catch up even if you would have downshifted.

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

im only kidding man. though something may have gone wrong with your clutch it just sounded very "mustangy" to make an excuse like your car malfunctioned and thats why you lost. there are plenty of bad ass mustangs out there that will smoke ya. i know from experience. and besides the guy got a head start on you so not even really a kill

Thread Information