Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

mustang gt owned

This is a discussion on mustang gt owned within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by lemons12 lol.. ok.. cause thats a lotta gas to see a stang w/ 300 hp.. hell.. any ...

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    lol.. ok.. cause thats a lotta gas to see a stang w/ 300 hp.. hell.. any car for that matter.. lol
    No, I was talking 5.0 stangs that are well beyond 300 HP in Mr. Hindman's case.

As for "feels fast"....ya, that's neat, but personally, I'd much rather BE fast than just "feel" fast. Even an L98 Thirdgen feels quick from a start (makes all its power way down low), but it would be killed by an LT1, which would be killed by an LS1 (all other things being equal, of course).

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    ya custom cammed. I think the specs were 226/226 .521 .521.

Comparing track times/mph's is like comparing dyno numbers. they are always going to be different. BTW, this was a sacramento raceway. with those mods minus the cam, y pipe and headers his car was trapping 107's. These were all done in 40-50* weather. his car does weigh 3600lbs without him in it. And not bullshit, I'll post video of it come next month when we go again. when he got his long tubes and o/r y, his car made 334 rwhp.

BTW he needs a shift light pretty bad, those fbody tachs are WAY off! i keep tellin him to but still doesnt have one. he has to shift by feel, the tach is way too slow, could be a big difference there. its not uncommon for him to tap the rev limiter (6600)

but either way, that wasnt the point of the post. his car probably only makes 370-380 rwhp, still within range of a stock 03 cobra.

am i missing something here? how is a 370-380rwhp ls1 still within range of a stock cobra which was rated at 390fwhp? shouldnt 370-380rwhp ls1 stomp all over a cobra?

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Though not nearly as under-rated as the LS1 F-body (305 was more along the lines of 340 to 350), that factory 390 HP number should probably be closer to 410 HP or so. A stock 03/04 Cobra will typically put down 360-370 RWHP.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

to me, i dont think the LS1 is WAY faster than the 08 GT's. its less of a drivers race than most people make it, but i wouldnt say WAY faster. They are more comparable to the LT1's, but to me, even the LT1 isn't WAY behind either. That's just an opinion thing I guess.
    very true statement.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    ill tell ya what. I drove my friends 08 Mustang GT M5...the way you sit in the car makes you feel like it has WAY more power than the LS1 when you get on it...it feels like you are pulling more g's as you accelerate. Even though our LS1's are WAY faster..the new Mustang GT's do feel faster.

this might explain alot of the "i drive a mustang and have the fastest car on the road" theory
    Mustang's have always had a stronger "seat of the pants" impression.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Rhinomans 06 GTO pulls like crazy hard, fells way harder than my car pulls. But even hes convinced that my LS1 is faster than his car. We havent auctually raced yet tho...

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

seat of the pants can be the biggest liar.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    No, I was talking 5.0 stangs that are well beyond 300 HP in Mr. Hindman's case.

As for "feels fast"....ya, that's neat, but personally, I'd much rather BE fast than just "feel" fast. Even an L98 Thirdgen feels quick from a start (makes all its power way down low), but it would be killed by an LT1, which would be killed by an LS1 (all other things being equal, of course).
    still gas is 3.50 damn man.. lol j/k..

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    am i missing something here? how is a 370-380rwhp ls1 still within range of a stock cobra which was rated at 390fwhp? shouldnt 370-380rwhp ls1 stomp all over a cobra?
    still.. cammed ls1 "SHOULD" walk all over a STOCK cobra.. but anything can go in street racing..

Quote Originally Posted by xzaero0 View Post
    Rhinomans 06 GTO pulls like crazy hard, fells way harder than my car pulls. But even hes convinced that my LS1 is faster than his car. We havent auctually raced yet tho...
    well get on that shit.. lol

Black
    2000 Trans Am

It goes in Monday to make sure the frame is straight and to have the SFC welded in. Gonna have them check the torque on the bolts and suspension pieces that were installed last week. Then we will see...
    www.fquick.com/xzaero0

SLP lid K&N Slp underdrive pulley Mizierre EWP 180 stat American Racing Coated longtubes 3" dual exhaust x pipe LM2s 2.5 over axle UMI SFCs LCA and relocation brackets UMI torque arm and relocation bracket Moser 9" 3.70 gears Tuned, LS6 intake Ported TB

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

still gas is 3.50 damn man.. lol j/k..

still.. cammed ls1 "SHOULD" walk all over a STOCK cobra.. but anything can go in street racing..

well get on that shit.. lol
    yeah see thats what i was thinking, any 380rwhp ls1 should walk a cobra.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by xzaero0 View Post
    It goes in Monday to make sure the frame is straight and to have the SFC welded in. Gonna have them check the torque on the bolts and suspension pieces that were installed last week. Then we will see...
    cool.. i havnt been too impressed from what ive seen from the goats lately.. but theres always "that one" lurking around somewhere.. haha

yeah see thats what i was thinking, any 380rwhp ls1 should walk a cobra.

yea.. i got me a race next weekend with one... ill let you guys know how it goes...<<i like that one..

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

cool.. i havnt been too impressed from what ive seen from the goats lately.. but theres always "that one" lurking around somewhere.. haha

yea.. i got me a race next weekend with one... ill let you guys know how it goes...<<i like that one..
    what do you have for mods? i have 2 more spankings i have to hand out, well more than that but i have my eye on 2 mustang gt's 99-03 that have gotten to big for their britches. lol any time i ever see those two i'm in my z71 and dont get a chance to run them. i guess i'll have to start driving this t/a every where i go.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    Mustang's have always had a stronger "seat of the pants" impression.
    you know i wonder if that has something to do with the gear set. don't gt's come stock with 3.73's? if so thats probably why they feel strong coming out of the hole but lose it on top end.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

you know i wonder if that has something to do with the gear set. don't gt's come stock with 3.73's? if so thats probably why they feel strong coming out of the hole but lose it on top end.
    Don't know about the newer ones, but the old foxbodies (I have a foxbody too I still love to drive) with the T5 (the 90s have T5s too, do the new ones as well? Anyone?) have 3.55's stock. I like the T56 better though because of being able to go 38-40 mph in 6th gear. Whereas in my foxbody I have to be going like 50-55mph to hold it in 5th gear (which is kinda annoying around here).

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    Don't know about the newer ones, but the old foxbodies (I have a foxbody too I still love to drive) with the T5 (the 90s have T5s too, do the new ones as well? Anyone?) have 3.55's stock. I like the T56 better though because of being able to go 38-40 mph in 6th gear. Whereas in my foxbody I have to be going like 50-55mph to hold it in 5th gear (which is kinda annoying around here).
    fox bodies have either 2.73's or 3.08's stock.

12.718 @ 117.47

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

fox bodies have either 2.73's or 3.08's stock.
    I've got a Turbocoupe. 8.8 rear w/ 3.55's. I guess it's different for those, my bad.

My 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6... ASC# 1244 ... Born on June 23, 2001

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

I've got a Turbocoupe. 8.8 rear w/ 3.55's. I guess it's different for those, my bad.
    i forgot about the turbo coupes myself.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

As stated above, Fox-body 5.0s had either 2.73s (standard) or 3.08s (optional). 94-04 GTs had 3.27s (no other option). 05+ GTs have 3.55s.

The T5 was used through 1995. The T45 was used from 96 to the middle of 01. The T3650 has been used since. All have extremely short 1st gears (in the range of 3.3x). That is the main reason that Mustangs "feel good" from a start - torque multiplication via the gearbox.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Actually I think the T-45 could only work with the 4V 4.6s

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

didn't read all the in-between pages...but thought i'd post up since i'm in an interesting position here...traded the 02 ws.6 in the avatar there for an 08 GT/CS Wed. night. T/A has 90,000 miles and has been very expensive to maintain. I've spent $2000 so far this year, and was still having annoying transmission problems. This is my first Ford, and never imagined i'd even look at a 'stang. But at this point, I was ready for a brand new car--think about your options.... So i decided to drive one, and commented to the salesman that i didn't like how all the stangs look alike and blend in with every other one rolling down the road. he showed me a blue 'california special' and it looks great from the outside. Inside it has all kinds of goodies that impressed me--in dash cd changer, 2 tone leather, nice accents that don't look cheap like t/a interior, down to heated seats haha.. Nice quiet ride with windows up, no rattles and nice exhaust tone with them down. I'm transferring my stereo in this week and will have nice sounds. Said all this to say--i grew up wanting a trans am; watching smokey/bandit and knight rider. I was thrilled to buy mine 3 years ago and loved it the whole time. If they were still made I would have prolly never even looked at a mustang. But their not. And i've found the mustang to be a great value, blending the civil interior, ride, and cool options unavailable on our ls1s with enough power to be fun. So it may not win at the dragstrip; who cares? Some of you may, but not a majority. I used to be caught up in that--and now i look back and realize i didn't take my ta to the strip even once..so it doesn't matter. I have a much nicer all-round car for me now. it's an M5 and is a blast to drive. And a punk in a 350Z started talking trash the other night and i stomped him twice on the next 2 lights so i still have my dignity... I love the f-bods and will hopefully have one again; when i have money to keep a 'toy' and a DD. For a reliable car, the stang seems like a great value to me. And i didn't transform into an ignorant ass when i bought it either Peace!

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information