Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

mustang gt owned

This is a discussion on mustang gt owned within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Cayenne97 Not tryin' to be a dick TrickStang, but I don't think that is nothing to be ...

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    Not tryin' to be a dick TrickStang, but I don't think that is nothing to be proud of at all. It took the finesse of supercharging to equal the oppositions bolt-on power output. Not very good in my opinion.
    why not? it took some mods to get to a stock cars output.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Not tryin' to be a dick TrickStang, but I don't think that is nothing to be proud of at all. It took the finesse of supercharging to equal the oppositions bolt-on power output. Not very good in my opinion.
    and i do think its something to be proud of, especially when your comparing the displacement of an engine closer to a v6 and makes crazy power without even cracking open a valve cover compared to the oppositions v8.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    i know that a 305 is not practicle to build. i was simply stating i was not impressed with 287-314rwhp from a 302 because you could build a 305 to have that kind of power too. a 302 is not even close to being in the same class as an ls1.
    Never said it was (the LS1 is a far superior base from which to start), nor was this the point of my post.

You pony guys kill me when you post a whole story of mods, and at the the end it reads...3xx at the rear-wheels...LOL. That's why I got rid of my fox back in 2000.
    Please see statement above about your internet penis. The shoe fits perfectly.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    i never said that they werent capable.. and im sure you guys knew what you were doing.. what im TRYING to get to you is for the most part people in my area.... from my experience cant get into the the 11s with a H/C fox..... i know it can be done.. but no its not SIMPLE.. 11s arent simple or cheap in any car... (that we would be talking about).. i got drug by one when i was stock.. im saying from what ive seen they dont respond too well.. not like an ls1 at least and they arent as simple as some cars to build.. but OTHER THAN THAT... YES they can be built and probably run 10s n/a.. im sure of it.. but not in my area.. or not the ones ive seen.. so to stop this ridiculous stuff.. YES FOXES CAN RUN 10S N/A!!!!!!! AND 11S RELATIVELY EASY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING
    Hmmm...your area? What part of Tennessee are you from? If you're anywhere near Knoxville, go look up a guy named Gene Hindman to see how to make a fox-body with a 5.0 perform.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Please see statement above about your internet penis. The shoe fits perfectly.
    BLKCLOUD, your like the riddler who couldn't

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    and i do think its something to be proud of, especially when your comparing the displacement of an engine closer to a v6 and makes crazy power without even cracking open a valve cover compared to the oppositions v8.
    We've got the displacement. You've got the advantage of superior flow via 4-valve heads. If it wasn't for the larger displacement, the GM motors would have had a very tough time competing with the 32-valve powerplant. Same as in the opposite instance, had Ford wen't with a 4.6 pushrod motor, it would have been even more lack luster than the 5.0 (ouch). For some reason, most tend to overlack this fact.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

your logic is retarded. if we used your logic, why would anyone mod an LS1, why not start with an 03 cobra. most stock 03's are making what full bolt on fbody's are making stock,,even some cammed ones.

btw, the engine mods were rougly $2000-$2500. you can do those engine mods + the price of the car and still be cheaper than most fbodies. im not saying its better, but get your car off the damn pedestal you keep putting it on.
    i somewhat agree.. but takes a cam to run with a stock cobra.. not at all.. full bolt on should be able to walk it.. stall and it wouldnt be much of a run from a dig.. cam.. should walk one pretty easily.. but yes once you pulley them and this and that its rediculous... and the price thing... i paid 7 grand for my car in pretty good shape.. and spent less than 2 grand on ms4 cam NOS plate kit 2 set of drag radials and extra set of rims hardned rods springs 4000 VIG stall pacesetters true dual exhaust read end girdle tune.. making 425... thats gonna walk a cobra pretty damn hard...

Hmmm...your area? What part of Tennessee are you from? If you're anywhere near Knoxville, go look up a guy named Gene Hindman to see how to make a fox-body with a 5.0 perform.
    near TN AL border.. couple hours from Knox.. AGAIN im not saying there isnt any.. they just are far and few between.. it can be done.. but you want me to go to knox to see one?? lol.. i really dont care how to mod one.. i have never owned a stang.. and never will.. so i dont care.. but in MY area.. and im talking within a 30 min. drive.. probably about 5 towns.. theres only 1 that has outran me when i was stock.. and he was a 347 stroker.. H/C radials.. by about 6 or so lengths to 120.. and i was inching back up after 90.. then he let off.. but IDC about any of this really.. haha

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

i somewhat agree.. but takes a cam to run with a stock cobra.. not at all.. full bolt on should be able to walk it.. stall and it wouldnt be much of a run from a dig.. cam.. should walk one pretty easily.. but yes once you pulley them and this and that its rediculous...
    in theory. i raced my friends 99 TA 6spd with a custom cam, long tubes, o/r y, corsa catback (closed cutout), lid and pulley and he pulled 1/2 a car from a roll when i was bone stock from 40-130. His car shows good compression and everything checked out fine except for a dirty K&N air filter. at the track his car was trapping 111's. His car for some reason is a pig (3600 lbs) compared with other LS1's but i guess this just shows the variance that goes with cars. im guessing he's making somewhere in the neighborhood of 370-380 rwhp, still in stock 03/04 range and his car is only a few lbs lighter.

i wasnt saying it takes a cam to run with an 03, but for some people, ya it does.

12.718 @ 117.47

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

... but you want me to go to knox to see one?? lol...
    Nope - don't really want you to do much of anything. Just curious where you were, and letting you know.

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

why is it whenever there is a Mustang GT kill the thread goes like 50 fucking pages. (Havent read most these pages)

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

ill tell ya what. I drove my friends 08 Mustang GT M5...the way you sit in the car makes you feel like it has WAY more power than the LS1 when you get on it...it feels like you are pulling more g's as you accelerate. Even though our LS1's are WAY faster..the new Mustang GT's do feel faster.

this might explain alot of the "i drive a mustang and have the fastest car on the road" theory

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

in theory. i raced my friends 99 TA 6spd with a custom cam, long tubes, o/r y, corsa catback (closed cutout), lid and pulley and he pulled 1/2 a car from a roll when i was bone stock from 40-130. His car shows good compression and everything checked out fine except for a dirty K&N air filter. at the track his car was trapping 111's. His car for some reason is a pig (3600 lbs) compared with other LS1's but i guess this just shows the variance that goes with cars. im guessing he's making somewhere in the neighborhood of 370-380 rwhp, still in stock 03/04 range and his car is only a few lbs lighter.

i wasnt saying it takes a cam to run with an 03, but for some people, ya it does.
    Your friends custom cam car trapping 111??? Bullshit. His car had to be running like shit to trap that low with cam/bolt-ons setup. My brothers (MitchWS6) '02 WS6 trapped 107.4 bone-stock. It took only ported TB, MAF!, lid & scoop, cat-back & tune to get slightly over 112. Any cam/bolt-on LS1 trapping 111 is something to be ashamed of.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Your friends custom cam car trapping 111??? Bullshit. His car had to be running like shit to trap that low with cam/bolt-ons setup. My brothers (MitchWS6) '02 WS6 trapped 107.4 bone-stock. It took only ported TB, MAF!, lid & scoop, cat-back & tune to get slightly over 112. Any cam/bolt-on LS1 trapping 111 is something to be ashamed of.
    ya custom cammed. I think the specs were 226/226 .521 .521.

Comparing track times/mph's is like comparing dyno numbers. they are always going to be different. BTW, this was a sacramento raceway. with those mods minus the cam, y pipe and headers his car was trapping 107's. These were all done in 40-50* weather. his car does weigh 3600lbs without him in it. And not bullshit, I'll post video of it come next month when we go again. when he got his long tubes and o/r y, his car made 334 rwhp.

BTW he needs a shift light pretty bad, those fbody tachs are WAY off! i keep tellin him to but still doesnt have one. he has to shift by feel, the tach is way too slow, could be a big difference there. its not uncommon for him to tap the rev limiter (6600)

but either way, that wasnt the point of the post. his car probably only makes 370-380 rwhp, still within range of a stock 03 cobra.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    ill tell ya what. I drove my friends 08 Mustang GT M5...the way you sit in the car makes you feel like it has WAY more power than the LS1 when you get on it...it feels like you are pulling more g's as you accelerate. Even though our LS1's are WAY faster..the new Mustang GT's do feel faster.

this might explain alot of the "i drive a mustang and have the fastest car on the road" theory
    i wouldnt say the LS1 is WAY faster, but there still is a gap there. my car felt slow when i first got it, it was 100% stock. i think it has to do with the tq curve. cars with flatter tq curves probably feel slower than cars that peak higher in the rpm range.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

i wouldnt say the LS1 is WAY faster, but there still is a gap there. my car felt slow when i first got it, it was 100% stock. i think it has to do with the tq curve. cars with flatter tq curves probably feel slower than cars that peak higher in the rpm range.
    +1.. they arent WAAAY faster.. not enough you could really feel.. your talking a few lengths.. depending on situation....

as for that custom cam.. yea he should be embarresed.. he should be trapping high teens.. not low.. no offense to his car.... he got a tune?? hmmm.. dont get that one.. but o well.. all cars are different..

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Nope - don't really want you to do much of anything. Just curious where you were, and letting you know.
    lol.. ok.. cause thats a lotta gas to see a stang w/ 300 hp.. hell.. any car for that matter.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Justin23454 View Post
    why is it whenever there is a Mustang GT kill the thread goes like 50 fucking pages. (Havent read most these pages)
    noone is really talking shit.. im actually learning a few things.. i think some others will agree.. (we have strayed a small bit from what this thread started out as).... and a lot of different things inbetween..

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

hell idk.. but from my exp. and from what has happened.. seen... i havnt seen any cammed ls1s having a problem with STOCK cobras.. but.. there it goes to show.. so many variances in racing its rediculous.. idk.. if i raced a stock cobra and was even close to it.. i would drive away shaking my head.. or pulling over and asking what mods he really had.. lol

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

hell idk.. but from my exp. and from what has happened.. seen... i havnt seen any cammed ls1s having a problem with STOCK cobras.. but.. there it goes to show.. so many variances in racing its rediculous.. idk.. if i raced a stock cobra and was even close to it.. i would drive away shaking my head.. or pulling over and asking what mods he really had.. lol
    i'll be honest tho. we did race again, once i did the mods i have now, and we went from a mid second gear roll to about 110 (he missed 4th of all gears and IM the one known for missin the gears) and he was only about 1 1/4 cars back. He did clean his air filter this time and had his cutout open and he did hit it JUST SLIGHTLY before me. So did I only gain 2 cars with about 80 rwhp more? i dunno, seems you cant trust the races even when you know all the variables!

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

+1.. they arent WAAAY faster.. not enough you could really feel.. your talking a few lengths.. depending on situation....

as for that custom cam.. yea he should be embarresed.. he should be trapping high teens.. not low.. no offense to his car.... he got a tune?? hmmm.. dont get that one.. but o well.. all cars are different..
    to me, i dont think the LS1 is WAY faster than the 08 GT's. its less of a drivers race than most people make it, but i wouldnt say WAY faster. They are more comparable to the LT1's, but to me, even the LT1 isn't WAY behind either. That's just an opinion thing I guess.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

times are close... trap speed is the difference.. talking stock... ls1s are just beasts up top.. i like lt1s powerband cause its a little lower so it feels really strong down low.. ls1s arent bad either just cause they got so much of it.. haha. ive only drove one newer gt.. it was an 06.. and i drove it RIGHT after i drove an 02 ws6.. i couldnt wait to get back in the ws6.. lol.. but yea manuals.. mostly a drivers race.. AT vs AT.. i would have to guess. since ive never raced one.. 5 lengths for the ls1.. i know the machs are faster than the newer gts and i got one of them by about 4 so.. idk?

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

WAIT.. i meant to say.. POS stangs wtf are thinking trying to race an ls1.. we are god.. now bow to me you POS women car drivers.....

j/k you guys......

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information